Discussion What you have gained from reading web novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by White Empress, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Empress

White Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I‘m soon going to have to start transitioning into adult life but I’m still pretty clueless about stuff like this.
    I feel like I’ve learned a lot in my life just from reading. I feel as if these novels are unique and have given me a different experience compared to my peers. For example I’ve learned so much about culture when reading translated novels it’s surprising. Is there any ways you guys have brought this into your college or more professional life? I’m tempted to write about it when applying to colleges and such but I’m afraid others won’t understand my passion or it won’t be relative enough... but it’s been a part of my life since I was in middle school I can’t imagine my person without it. Can I get your advice or experiences?

mir, Arash1, otaku31 and 1 other person like this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Enlightenment.

3. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    What I gained is a deeper understanding of how much I hate other people. :blobpopcorn_two:

Titra, doggo, mir and 18 others like this.
  4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Learn to make friends and be a friend for others.
    Heroes or Villains, they all have friends in one way or another... and if you don't have a friend in real life... well tough luck.

Arash1, 0000000 and White Empress like this.
  5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    That Golden Finger is the only way to get you successful in life and without it, you are just another BackGround?

Yes, hardwork helps, but interpersonal connections help better. (Not about what you know but who you know)

Beware of Xianxia MC-like characters as they will NTR you, kill you for shits and giggles. Same applies to facing Arrogant Young Masters.

That life is a road filled with obstacles designed to fuck you in and out and there is no way out of this ride? And prayers are super useless and the gods we believe in are either not bothering to help or am doing their part to screw you? (Death Mage and other JP novels)

I got that just by existing.

6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I learnt a new language...

'MTL'ese. :blobpeek:

Titra, mir, Lonelycity and 12 others like this.
  7. Har D Rai

Har D Rai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me say it as it is , webnovels aŕe only a way for me to pass time or entertain myself after a tiring day , you don't learn ANYTHING from most of the novels and the things you think you have learned are not practical at all so please don't consider this world with the situations you have read in novel or boy you will have your ass handed to you by life.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Titra, mir, Return and 4 others like this.
  8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    This'll save your life in the future, being able to interface with SkyNet. :blobokhand:

mir, Lonelycity, Arash1 and 2 others like this.
  9. polarbot

polarbot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Going into adulthood??
    Then WN is a good way to escape stress shits and unusual human behaviour phenomenon
    *Also discover new fetish and enlightenment in different new possibilities:blob_patpat:

Arash1 and 0000000 like this.
  10. Neku

Neku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are not the protagonist. You cannot offend someone and get away with it. You cannot enforce your values through strength; that will get you killed. You should not enforce your opinion on others, except when they are worshipping you (most of the time, people don't) or you have strength to back it up. Martial strength is useless in real world conflict. you should strive to be a young master instead.

Titra, mir, Arash1 and 3 others like this.
  11. White Empress

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad, I didnt mean it literally in that sense. I know life is not like a book

12. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    relaxation. . .

mir, Arash1, 0000000 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I lost almost all of my interest in Japan, along with most of my respect, the more I learned.

Also, I'm now acutely aware how almost all of my free time is a waste of human life... but I still do it, because I don't understand or really want to face the "real" world.

Titra, mir, Arash1 and 3 others like this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    brain damage

Titra, mir, vlue and 4 others like this.
  15. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I gained many things from reading web novels, but I can't say it was useful in anyways in normal life. like anime, manga when I was growing up most people didn't get it and then celebrities have in one way or another slowly started to mention it and along with other platforms it has come into the mainstream. I still don't have friends who like anime, manga, web novels. they don't get it they don't want to get it they called it childish and immature. most of them only think about getting laid, work and going out to clubs or sports. I like all of those things, but that only 5% max 10% because those are only moments and most of those ppl who make that 90% of their life end up old alone and waiting for death because they have no real hobbies and can only talk about how much fun sleeping with all those women was.

reading is not meant to only be for knowledge, but to open the mind to another world for self satisfaction and sometimes you learn along the way. not everything needs to have meaning. sometimes the journey is more meaningful than the goal and the goal is only meant for direction.

I remember reading Desolate Era it only had 40 chapter at the time it wasn't my first novel, but it got me hooked from the first chapter the ups and downs the good times the bad times the character went through the action the drama it was incredibly fun to read. when the novel was completed I was little sad that it ended, but I spent the whole week waiting for chapters that would never come cause I kept forgetting that it had ended. it was long run but it was very self satisfying.

mir, Arash1, 0000000 and 2 others like this.
  16. White Empress

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you

17. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    your welcome! ^_^

18. frozenlimabeans

frozenlimabeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading both takes you into another world while also staying grounded in your own world. You're invested in stories because you feel like you want those impossible events to happen, but also relating to the story. It's the contradictions of reading that making people broaden their horizons. It also adds a spice to your life and makes you look forward to a new day, the update day. Although it's a petty and small thing to look forward to waking up to, it just makes an otherwise monotone day better. That's what I get from reading

mir, Arash1, OneeChanKyun and 4 others like this.
  19. arsl31

arsl31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Relief and entertainment. Life is shit, but in novels, watching that bitch ruin the main character is pretty much entertaining. Also works the other way too, and is much more entertaining by the way. why? Because the main character ruins Life's everything by destroying her favorite organ, the common sense.

20. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say exactly webnovel is going to prepare you for your future

But once you get into real life scenarios, you'd realize that all of these novels are all shit. Webnovels have sliver amount of moral educations, based 0% on reality, turns you into a megalomania.
    Shit is not all bad, coz sometimes you just need to numb your brain a bit from real life situations.
    Just don't snort it and go to work....

mir, 0000000 and Har D Rai like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.