Other Request What's the best Chinese to English MTL website/software?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Deleted member 174749, May 11, 2019.

1. Deleted member 174749

Deleted member 174749 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading a lot of danmei novels simultaneously, and it really frustrates me when I catch up to the latest chapter of a novel that hasn't had a translation update for months. I'm thinking of looking for the raws myself and just use MTL to understand the rest of the chapters. Do you know any good Chinese-to-English MTL websites/software???

2. killking

killking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i personally rarely read raws, so u cant really take my answer, but some novels work really wel with google translate, while some others completly suck and are unreadably. But hey, its free

3. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i usually use Google Translate but it doesn't always translate historical/ cultivation novels very well. the more specialized the words the more confusing the translation. if it's just a simple modern story it's usually readable and you'll understand about 80% of whats going on but there's always going to be some confusion.

4. Fairlady1996

Fairlady1996 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And there would be a LOT of cockroaches, scorpion term that google manage to translate :blob_grin:,, i would had to break my head to guess what the meaning of the sentence.

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's easiest to use Chrome app for me, but I like Baidu's Translator if given a choice.

6. Land of The Fallen

Land of The Fallen Hax's | Immortal

Reading List:
    Link
    I just find stories to read in jjwxc.net, then copy and paste the title into Google to get the raws.

Usually try and read the raws in sto.cx or ck101 since the ads there aren't intrusive.

Since I read in mobile (in Chrome), Google automatically translates them for me so I do get the whole gist of the chapter though sometimes it can get a bit confusing.

7. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Comrademao.com
    Lnmtl.com
    Babelchain

fati fleur likes this.
  8. hehaaw

hehaaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find Comrademao.com much more readable than lnmtl.com. I used to use google translate, before going Comaredemao, it seem they use google translate but they edit it a little bit I think.

9. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Such mtl sites make terms for names, cultivation techniques, places etc. So to make them consistent throughout the novel.

10. Aras

Aras Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translation Aggregator gives you the option to substitute names and other things to make it more readable. It has Google & SysTran translation tools that work great.

ImmortalJnt likes this.
  11. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    lnmtl is my go-to but I doubt it has many of the sort of novels you're looking for, if any. Maybe try look for a decent CAT tool and learn how to use it, there's probably forums or videos that would help.

12. boilhats

boilhats Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The best translation services from chinese to english are from chinese companies.The best one is baidu, but youdao and qq are not too far behind. Compared to google translated these translation services are noticeably better.I read 200 chapters of The Human Emperor using this method and substituting names and other terms that don't translate well with an app like notepad++, and it was readable , but it is pretty slow.
    For the best MTL experience you should use a Dictionary chrome extension(like this,this or this )with lnmtl and when you don't understand a phrase just translate it with baidu , and if you still don't understand it go through the other translation services or use the dictionary extension.

Last edited: May 11, 2019