Discussion Whats the most nostalgic year to you and why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by wasntbornyesterday, Dec 12, 2021.

?

Which one of these is the most nostalgic year in your opinion? (out of the answers displayed)

1. 2010

14.3%
  2. 2011

7.1%
  3. 2012

21.4%
  4. 2013

14.3%
  5. 2014

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 2015

7.1%
  7. 2016

21.4%
  8. 2017

14.3%
  9. 2018

7.1%
  10. 2019

21.4%
  11. 2020

7.1%
  12. 2021

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wasntbornyesterday

wasntbornyesterday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2020 was the most nostalgic year in my opinion. I was able to stay at home watching movies and series on my chrome book and later started reading using my phone with my new found free time. I like the music and translations that were released back then too and would stay up wau past my bed time during the summer so I could read, so I found it memorable. Whats the most nostalgic year to you and why?

DanielleAfarit likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure. The years seem to run together into the stream of an unremarkable past. :blobexpressionless:

Baldingere and DanielleAfarit like this.
  3. raflow

raflow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, i can't even remember too much of my years nor have any special feelings for them, but i guess that 2019

that was my last high school year, i made friends who i talk till today, i went out w them instead of saying i was occupied when i wasn't and my understanding of the classes were better than ever, it was when i was slightly more mentally healthy than other years

i miss stay with my group of friends playing around like we were about to disappear with the blink of an eye, y'know, our moments together were awesome

4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    It all kind of blends into a blur I can't make sense of. Oh, and now I feel sad.
    But, here's a song on the subject of nostalgic years:
    Though, I think it would be 2019. I went to another city on a trip with friends for a few days, we stayed at an apartment we rented and went all over the place shopping and eating from local fast food. That's a nice memory. Wish I had more like these.

Baldingere likes this.
  5. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, none. My memorable and nostalgic moments are far enough apart there isn't a concrete year binding them.

Looked at the list and numbers just weren't hitting nostalgia at all for me.

6. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely 2014 and 2018.

I believe I was in the 4th grade when it was 2014, and it was my last year in Utah. Our extended family tried to make it really memorable and fun before we left, and it worked. I also remember 4th grade the most because of the class and the teacher, it just always was in my mind. Also, everyone (in America??) loved the song 'Dynamite' by Taio Cruz in 2014 so that also stuck. It makes me feel super nostalgic. (Also, I believe 'Frozen' came out this year and I can't get that out of my mind that it was over 8 years ago already, holy shi-)

2018 because that was my Freshman/first year of high school, and of course that would be memorable and even nostalgic. I miss the days where things seemed less stressful. And where I actually had friends irl, and that was the year before I had depression. I was more carefree, and happy, so I miss it. A lot.

Baldingere likes this.
  7. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Man 2012-2015 was something else
    Sit in the back of class imagine a zombie apocalypse, get on the bus home listen to some dubstep or cinema by skrellix or evanescence thinking of your crush’s then you hit the skatepark wearing snap backs thinking you were different and one day you and your best friend would take over the planet and you go home your mom shouts at you, and you slap the door and get on COD start a screaming match tellin everyone in the lobby they were gay which was the greatest insult of all time and you wake up to the most annoying alarm but back then it was to go to school not work but you stayed up till 5am watching anime like elfin lied or code geass only to catch a bus at 6 in the morning so you get on the bus half brain dead but then Party rocking through the house by Lmfao plays in the goddamn early hours and since the bus is crowded you are squashed between 2 other kids and you get off and go to school and you hate everyone in school so you wish the world would end while wearing a hoodie jamming to radioactive by imagine dragons

those were the days and I’d do anything to go back in time to relive those moments

Saorihirai likes this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    the choice.....
    lemme cry on the corner....
    90's to early 2000's cuz this cat still kitten back then~
    from 2005 to 2011 full video game mode be it offline or online~ similarly online anime and online manga~ then slowly go away~ 2011 perhaps more toward online novel, despite read some on Baka-Tsuki before pre 2011 this cat prefer fanfic back then~ 2014 too lazy with online game~ 2018 dive into hentai game that not flash game..... hehehe~ 2020 start to lose interest with hentai game~
    2021 almost everyday

9. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm too old to be nostalgic for zoomer years. Why back in my day we were nostalgic about way better years!

10. yyecn

yyecn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    definitely 2016! it was generally a good for me, school wise too since i was in 8th grade surrounded by many friends and made a lot of memories to look back on lol and some of the best kdramas and kpop songs had been released that year so it was a pretty great year

wasntbornyesterday likes this.
  11. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    1994 because I haven't been born yet.