Discussion What's up with all the crappy novels in Wuxiaworld and Gravity tales?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Aikutr, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are crap. I'm currently reading one novel on each site. The others are badly written stereotypes, or are dark and violent for survival of the fittest.

I would say I'm tired of xianxia clones, but recently, I started some of Brandon Sandersons novels and I hate his writing. I'll wait on Ze Tian Je to finish and check out some the novels extra.

Some opinions should be worth more than others; people actually enjoy lifetime movies?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  2. HeavenAssailant

HeavenAssailant New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't been to Gravity or WuxiaWorld for a while nor do I read any translations on Qidian anymore. Also, I am thinking of picking up a novel as I do my Original as well. I wonder which one I should pick up.

3. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's the genre that's the problem, bro, the more you read, the more you refine your tastes and you start realizing that a lot out there is just not for you. Consider, it's been like a year since webnovel came out (to that reader that claimed GT is QI, that's wrong. webnovel is QI). You have had a lot of time to figure out what you like and what you hate in novels, it's more that than the other two sites somehow getting worse quality than QI. Trust me, there is garbage on all three, and there are a very limited number of good stories as well.

4. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I would be content if they completely translate Grandmaster Strategist.

GDLiZy and gary0044187 like this.
  5. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    such a good story. man, I was really getting distraught during that last major war arc, watching those soldiers meant to be defending the border being wasted in a battle they weren't even going to change anyways.

6. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    This is like the most key point expressed in this thread.
    Playing devil's advocate for a moment:
    I think more TLs should be more open to picking up previously dropped novels, especially from the pickup request sub-forum. Now, yes TLs usually translate stories that they like but i think that they could also consider, to a certain extent, whether there is at least some community interest in a novel that's been dropped. Easier to attract an existing readership than to build one from scratch.

Guan's point and mine actually do overlap a bit in my opinion. If translators didnt see dropped novels as damaged goods, perhaps more translators might be willing to do teaser chapters runs (maybe 5-10 chs) to gauge potential readership and community interest.

While true, most of us dont have the ability to read in the original language so MTL and assumptions are the next best option. Playing devils advocate again: Who says translators are really a better judge of a novel? Your first two sentences would contradict that hypothetical line of thought.
    Obviously, if they've gone to the effort of MTLing and doing a request, it must be interesting enough to them. If a request keeps getting support posts, especially over long periods of time, then surely that's a sign of community interest for some teaser chapters at least.

Wujigege and kenar like this.
  7. Desydesu

Desydesu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read some novel on their site, almost all novel in my reading list is from them, I read like 10 novel from ww.
    but I never feel the obligation to read all the novel they translate and I never think that they should translate another novel instead the novel they translate right now.
    It's their choice to translate what they want and what they think is good, and it's our choice to like and read it or not.
    If you like it then that's good, but if you don't like then just leave it.. You never be force to do anything right?

As for me, I read it for free, what else do I want?? I can't be too picky right.. :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

8. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    At this rate, I don't think we ever gonna get it.

gary0044187 likes this.
  9. ZeroBlink

ZeroBlink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Taste =/ quality

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Houye

Houye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The majority are from Qidian with only 2 being from WuxiaWorld. There're some Blob, Radiant and some they stay at the tip of my tongue atm as well.
    In the end, more than 50-60% of my novels are from Qidian.

11. noriga

noriga Smile ..

Reading List:
    Link
    F***ing weak peasant, use Google translate to translate ur own f***ing fovourite novels.

Wujigege likes this.
  12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The novelty wore off. Now Korean novels are "it".