Question Whats up with the inaccurate tags at Webnovel ?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Braxx, May 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was browsing for more harem novels as per usual, and i was very interested in reading The Legend of Futian and Library of Heaven's Path from webnovel. And those two are marked as POPULAR HAREMS ....
    Yet when i looked up Novel Updates , there was no harem tags on these novels, i even saw in one of the reviews for Futian that there is only 1 wife and the MC is devoted to her .................................
    ?

What the fuck ? Why are they trying to bait like that ?

2. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that webnovel problems

Sabruness and CosmicInsomniac like this.
  3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure, but to be fair, a harem only requires that other important characters have romantic feelings for the MC, even if he doesn't return them. If he has multiple wives, that would be polygamy. So something can still be a harem, even if there is only 1 wife.

CosmicInsomniac likes this.
  4. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about the Legend of Futian, but for Heaven's Path, girls with some level of power gets one-upped by the MC and become a tsundere. I doubt he ever has a relationship with them (I quit because it was so repetitive so take my comment with a grain of salt) but they do develop some sort of obsession with him. I know there was a harem tag on it a while back on NU when I first checked it out, but I guess someone removed it?

Braxx likes this.
  5. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If that was the case, then every novel other there would be a harem novel. Almost every novel has the MC becomming super strong and women would be fervent for the main characters even tho the MC does not share their passion.

6. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Always blew my mind how MAM isn't classified as romance there

Braxx likes this.
  7. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, this is why most novels suck

- One who hates harem novels

qwerty1 likes this.
  8. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, and why ask it here?

runsing likes this.
  9. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    How do you know the tags are inaccurate? Did you read the entire book?

10. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because i checked Novel Updates and there were no harem tags, plus some of the reviews just say it outright

11. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, count the number of series falsely tagged as "wuxia"

runsing likes this.
  12. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> NU has standards.

Braxx likes this.
  13. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To an extent. It seems to be getting better, but only about one in ten books that are in the Historical genre actually take place in a historical setting.

14. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem as a genre is tainted because of beta MCs and chinese 'throwaway' harems. That's why you have so many harem stories but very little ones with legit relationships.

runsing likes this.
  15. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the JP beta main characters that do nothing with the harem and dont progress their relationship are the worst of them all.
    And the harem novels like ancient strengthening technique are als bad. MC that just leave women behind and find new women are also trash. If the MC of ancient strengthening technique didnt leave his women behind, it would have been a good novel

But harem novels in my eyes are the best. Sure there are a lot of bad ones , but there are a few good ones
    And lets not forget about about personal taste. One mans junk , is another mans tresure

Personally for me, i dislike harems that are formed much later into the novel or towards the end of the novel, for example Emperors domination, the harem there beginds in the 2000+ chapters, at teh start the MC has no interest in the girls and just gathers maids.
    Another harem i dislike are those that have long separations and the MC does nothing with his harem the entire novel.
    Im pretty much ok with any story or characters or depth or whatever, as long as i like the harem

runsing and Sabruness like this.
  16. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree. long separation and very late insta-harems are annoying as well.

The good ones, when they appear, do tend to be really good so maybe it's a balance thing.

Braxx likes this.
  17. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some harems actually widen my perspective.

Right now Im reading Endless Path and The True Endgame
    At first i was very uncomfortable reading these novels, because i had a purity complex (every woman in the harem must be a virgin)
    But after reading these novels, i kinda dont care anymore. So now im ok with any kind of woman joing the MC's harem. I dont care anymore who the girls were with before they got together with the MC and how much they fucked.
    Now I only care that the women stay loyal and dedicated to the MC after getting together, regradless if they were a prostitute before that or whatever

I was also a little uncomfortable with the harem of The True Endgame. Cuz its not a normal harem. The girls in the harem are not there just for the MC but for the other girls aswell. Its a harem where everyone lvoes each other and wants to be with each other... its just happens that the MC is the only male in the harem.

But i kinda dont like it when harem novels make it so the MC has children in the middle of the novel. I pref if this is kept for the last few chapters of the novel.

18. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats the best type of harem that involves a guy. the only thing better than that is a pure yuri harem