Discussion What's with all the chicken in korean novels?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Karyehs, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Who the heck hates chicken

2. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    There must be someone. Someone who traumatized from eating chicken.

3. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    What kind of Indians are you talking about? Native Americans? Or Indians from India (the country in Asia)?

If it's latter, I've known a lot of Indian people (first gen and second gen Indians in America) while growing up, and a lot of them were vegetarian.
    Additionally, Hinduism is rather popular in India and encourages a vegetarian lifestyle (thought not outright prohibiting meat).
    The idea of Indians worshiping beef is highly questionable to me.

+1

otaku31 likes this.
  4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't worship beef, they view cows as mother figure. That's why they don't eat beef but drink milk. You don't eat your mom but you do drink her milk as a baby.

I know some of these stuffs because I've got a cool Indian friend in highschool. He would always be drunk, skipping classes and sleep all the time but somehow always top 3 in the entire grade. Damn you Kevin.

otaku31 likes this.
  5. strongcoffee

strongcoffee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Indians eat Non Vegetarian/Meat but prefer not to as they feel its wrong to kill animals for your pleasure. But then you know how tasty it. Indian diet is overwhelmingly Vegetarian because its cheap and there are so many Holy days like Tuesday(Hanuman), Thursday and Saturday (only few) when they don't eat any meat and some don't even drink on these days as thats there way of showing that they believe in them(that God).

But most of the Indians are Non Vegetarian unlike many westerners think.

Coming to cows. Hindus/Sikhs/Buddhist and few Muslims/Christian do worship Cows as they give milk, help in agriculture and are way to earn income(i.e recently). So they are worshipped and protected as no other animal gives as much as Cow. Also all religious ceremonies without Cow Milk, Ghee is not complete so thats another reason.

otaku31 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.