What's your favorite angel/demon troupe?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by IReadWhenBoredSoWhat, Sep 21, 2020.

?

Angels or Demons?

1. Angel

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Demon

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good point! I don't know if I sounded like I was against the idea in the previous comment, but I am always for random highly questionable merchants whose only goal is to screw people and their budgets. I Shall Seal the Heavens has a great model for this in the main character when he gets to play merchant. I'm thinking humans would work better than angels or demons for this though as most battles take place in the human realm, though they could have angels and demons working with the humans...plus I realized I kinda forgot about humans in the story...
    Thank you, this is really going to be fun

Darius Drake likes this.
  2. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    While I didn't mention it before, I have ended up thinking that the "merchants" could be three groups. A small group of Angel Merchants, a small group of Devil Merchants, and a LARGE group of Human Merchants who are actively hiding the fact that they're making deals with both sides. Could you also make one of the Human Merchants someone who is overly-emotionally invested in the peace, if only to stop the two groups of idiots fighting on Earth? Either that, or make a Sentai/Ranger Team (eg. Power Rangers) of Humans who beat up both Angels & Demons who fight on Earth, because both groups have already done enough damage in their war, so stop trying to destroy our planet!

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat likes this.
  3. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

Reading List:
    Link
    You make an offer, and I counter with this, instead of a merchant dead-set on keeping the peace, a middle-age/old grandmother with a broom that goes after them like stray cats whenever a fight starts within detectable distance, aided by her children who end up taking her to the area and setting her loose.
    No one is safe when she finds the entrance to one or both realms....

4. Darius Drake

Reading List:
    Link
    If you make it so that her Kids, when with anyone weaker than the protagonists, at least try to deal with it themselves as a Sentai Team, using magic to give themselves transformation suits, and it'll be good. If you have her be the one who taught said kids how to make the spells that equip said suits, and refuses to use it herself unless necessary, it would be good, too. And by "necessary", I mean she's attacking either Heaven or Hell and needs the automatic vision adjustment to deal with the brightness of Heaven and the darkness of Hell.

5. IReadWhenBoredSoWhat

Reading List:
    Link
    Who said she goes in? Just stands outside with the broom ready to play wack-a-mole

Darius Drake likes this.
  6. Darius Drake

Reading List:
    Link
    That'll depend on how angry she is. Also, allowing those she's punishing to escape her just punishment simply by running into their house? BLASPHEMY! It didn't work whenever little Jenny Quatler from the school running team managed to run home from school, and it's not going to work now. And if anyone wants to complain, she'll sit them down for a half-hour to hour long lecture on what her victim did and how much said victim deserves to be beaten with her broom.

IReadWhenBoredSoWhat likes this.