Discussion When and how often . . .

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DiabolicGod, Apr 5, 2019.

?

... did you think about death and/or suicide? (not planning or wanting to commit suicide)

1. several times a day

24.2%
  2. about once a day

9.1%
  3. one-four times every week

15.2%
  4. once a month

6.1%
  5. once a year (I'll call you a liar if you say even less)

3.0%
  6. when I am/was deeply depressed

24.2%
  7. whenever something related came up in my thoughts (reading about it in a book or in the news or sth)

24.2%
  8. whenever, just a lurking thought in my head

45.5%
  9. when I went through puberty

6.1%
  10. when I think/thought about my miserable life (when it felt miserable)

21.2%
  11. whenever something really dumb happens

12.1%
  12. none of the 'when' choices suit me

15.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thought to make a poll just came to me after my current status, so I promptly did so.
    I am interested in when and how often you thought about death in general and suicide.

I myself once often thought about committing suicide and nearly as often about death in general. After all it is a fascinating concept. In regards to suicide however, I made up my mind after thinking it through thoroughly one time, thus I don't really think much about suicide anymore, at least not nearly as much or as deeply as I used to. Death still fascinates me however.

What do you think about death and about suicide?
    Suicide is the last option when your mind can no longer hold on (maybe because you are getting tortured and will likely continue being tortured? or because you are basically only living on machine substenance and are losing your mind). It is the boring way out, that is at the same time industrious, courageous and yet cowardly and lazy.
    I see little point in suicide, as it denies you the ability of leaving further marks in the world of your existence and experiencing more. Even a bad experience is a good experience to have imo.

Just my own view, feel free to share yours ( but please in a spoiler if it is long)
    Discuss

Should I make the poll anonymous? If at least three people ask, I will do so :) Just wanted to prevent trolls
    the 'when' mainly refers to the situation you were in (how often when that situation applied)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If by death you mean how often do I randomly play out horrific traffic accidents in my head... uhh, at least once a week. Idk, man. Cars are scary. Suicide though? Nah. Never really appealed to me.

mir and DiabolicGod like this.
  3. Aion Satria

Aion Satria Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Life is sacred. I think I enjoy the aesthetics of it, however I would consider it a waste of future experiences to die by your own hand. At least before one turns 30.

4. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    a great topic for jokes and i thought about both topic enough times to be glad that there is nothing to be expected from it

nevertheless, why did the chicken cross the road
    it's kinda obvious with the theme but what did you expect, this is what happens when any animal tries to cross a road with enough traffic

DiabolicGod likes this.
  5. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my country, we have a saying “Anything can do, just don’t get caught.”

This applies to suicide as well since it’s a crime to commit suicide in my country. If you fail, punishment lands on you. If you succeed? It falls onto your parents or immediate relatives to pay the price.

So whenever I think of suicide, that line of thought goes through my brain, and I give up, because as much as I wanna leave all my troubles and shit behind, I sure as heck ain’t dumping it on others. That wouldn’t be nice.

Of course, if you succeed in not getting caught, I will be here clapping for you:blobfearful:

Bad Storm and DiabolicGod like this.
  6. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Something like Westeller. There is usually this 90% disinterested voice in the back of my head, saying things like "huh. had that guy in the car veered off a couple degrees there, I would've been hit and might have even died" or "ooohhh, stairs. if I manage to fall, and land at juu~st the right angle, thats a total death sentence" whenever I'm bored, but suicide, besides truly stupid things, isnt even brought up in my thoughts as a subject

DiabolicGod likes this.
  7. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    on what shitty country do you live?

now about suicide... man I just know that I don't want to become old and decrepit, also I don't want to spend my live working to survive and I'm just 33 ha, but also I don't want it to be painful or distressing... mmmmm mmmm mmmm

8. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, just death in general, maybe its consequences or whatever, something related to death, as long as it isn't just, 'Oh, I'm gonna die in this videogame'
    And it doesn't have to appeal to you. you could be thinking about why other people committ suicide or how to reduce suicide rates in japan or sth

9. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought about a few times, though really as much as i'm not really an impressive fella i don't really hate myself too either.

10. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well to be honest.. I was exaggerating! :blobcheeky::blobcheeky:

But it’s true that it’s illegal in my country and people have been jailed for it though. As for parents facing the immediate price for your death,while I don’t believe they will receive any from the government, can you imagine the social pressure from people around them when they find out someone in their family died? The rumours and theories that said person may be neglected or abuse from the family or whatever untrue shit? Not to mention funeral fees. It’s going to affect your family for sure. And for a very Long time, regardless from which perspective you view it from.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  12. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes. What if I got hit by a car when crossing the road, slipping in the bathroom because of wet floor or fall from stairs.

DiabolicGod likes this.
  13. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I often imagine stupid ways to die/suffer/get injured whenever I see something that could lead to it. So it's usually several times a day.
    For example: I like to eat desserts in front of my computer. Whenever I walk up or down stairs with a plate and a fork, I get flashes of images of falling, stabbing myself in the eye and crying while trying to hold the goop of my eyeball from falling out (or some variation of that, like getting stabbed in the throat and trying to call for help without choking on the blood). I see it every freaking time.
    It's not fun. And it's not intentional. I'm mostly used to it but it would be really great if it'd go away. Really ruins my enjoyment of the cake or whatever.

14. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck you why would I think about suicide

15. Yul B Allwright

Yul B Allwright Not a suspicious person

Reading List:
    Link
    i dunno, but it happen fairly often. Random thought of stupid scenario to die always appear on my head in everyday life.
    For example when i see a stair, my head imagined me fall from it and smashed my head LOL~

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    DiabolicGod likes this.
  16. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to be insensitive to anyone's beliefs. But I would consider suicide if there were benefits to the ACT and its RESULT. I'm still going through history in college this semester, so this topic seems somewhat relevant to me.

Martyrdom is a form of suicide (though convoluted), and I would consider this Act if
    - In a hostile situation, my sacrifice would ensure the safety and well-being of others
    - In a dire situation, my death would bring benefits to survivors of a extreme rationing event

At this time in my semester we just went over world history with, the world wars, mainly the events surrounding certain countries and their civilian population.

----------
    I guess I'm just looking for purpose. Like I'd rather die at my own choosing, even though sometimes death comes at its own whims.

mir and DiabolicGod like this.
  17. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    I never have suicidal tought but I have a murderous tought once in a while. Thinking on how to make it looks like an accident or how to hide the bodies. Sometimes I also think of killing people socially or mentally

DiabolicGod likes this.
  18. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Once seriously during drespecito

19. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    me, whenever i'm somewhere high and see that the ground is far: i'll die if i fall
    Me: i'm on the 3rd floor, there's railings as high as my chest, it's almost impossible for me to fall
    Me: my phone can fall tho
    *steps back*

Op said "or death"

are you the writer of final destination

oh wow. Never thought of it that way. I've been taught that suicide=hell and martyr=heaven, maybe that's why I didn't make the connection

Kuro_0ni and DiabolicGod like this.
  20. rwnrmdn

rwnrmdn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me..death itself not scary, but the feelijg of not able to see your loved one is devastating for me.

Suicide, sometime this recent month, live been hard. But then again..that feeling of not able to see your loved one is more scary than dearh itself

DiabolicGod likes this.