Discussion When author tries to pass off "brain fart" as epiphany.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by otaku31, Jul 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flannan

flannan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you're the one that has actually read the story (even though I don't consider MTL to be good enough to be confident that you understood the story right).

Certain death? Well, it might be certain death to a normal person. Story protagonists face danger of this level on a daily basis.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's true that no amount of indirect explanations can substitute 4 reading the actual text. But I'm pretty confident I understood that part of the story right since the MTL was pretty clear.

Apart form the one time he lost his cool (bcuz he felt cheated/wronged) he was a pretty rational, calculating MC. He had been worrying for 10+ chs on how to pass the test safely. He finally had the solution, but he ditches it in order to act hero.

He wasn't the type to be impetuous and rely on plot armor for rescue. But the fact that he was reduced to that thanks to dear author is what had me fuming. If u r gonna do a personality/attitude change, f**king do it right. Don't do ass-pulls and expect readers to go along with it.

3. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't know the situation and you didn't even try to understand my post.
    The "not letting anyone escape" pertains to the warlocks/magicians, i.e, those who have powers. The commoners can't do anything to him or even a single of his troops. He only needs to bid for time not outright block the information. The more time he has the more troops his factory can produce which means the more credibility his plan to replace the warlock tower he besieged to come true(regions are ruled/guarded by warlocks which is from various organization) The higher ups don't care who manages the territory as long as the tributes are paid since his region is unattractive and pretty much trash in their eyes.

Your stupid second point is really a brainless response since I have said in the last sentence, "even though it would only take a simple command for his gunner legion to shoot the guy down." that means as long as he commands his gunners to shoot there is a 100% chance to kill the guy, no breaking formation, no chase, no ambush, no maneuver. The bullet wouldn't even be wasted since his robot troops recover it afterwards and he only needs to use a bit of power(solar) to synthesize a bullet from nothing(novels logic). Even if the power behind the rich looking guy finds out later it won't matter since he put explosives as collars to those he captures.

4. flannan

Reading List:
    Link
    I trust the situation judgment of MC present on scene more than that of a fan reading the book. Fans tend to overestimate the abilities of their favorite characters, and they have no useful ability to judge distances in written word.

5. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, like your who only say yes to what the author put out. If you actually read it, it would have taken no effort on the mc to capture the escapee. Which equals to more hostage/ransom or more underlings that has a different skill he could exploit.
    Rather than overestimate, it is written there that he has the power to capture/kill the escapee with a single thought at that situation but did not because of whatever reason author cooked up. Which is really inconsistent with his established character. I really wonder if you read it or you just want to argue, either way, try to read first before actually commenting as your response itself is the inability to judge what is written.

6. flannan

Reading List:
    Link
    To clarify: No, I did not actually read the novel you were talking about. I just like to argue.

7. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot devices!!!

otaku31 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.