When does Grasping Evil get good?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by PandaZzz, Apr 19, 2019.

1. PandaZzz

PandaZzz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at ch19 atm (I haven't read far ik) and the plot already seems weak. You have the mc who used to be mortal gain an emperor's memories through a locket and then he is able to find some heavenly items that even the emperor whose memories he obtained can't find so easily. I've read some spoilers from reviews saying that it's because some ancient being(prob that giant in ch1?) picked multiple people, including the mc, to gain all this fortune because he wants to fatten them up before eating them. However, without that spoiler (actually even with it) there is just no tension and he just randomly finds heavenly things in what should be a low level place.

Most of the 5 star reviews I've seen have read up to 1k chapters (Which is well beyond how many tled chapters we have now so I dunno if they're reading mtl or can read the raws) and say that the writing will pick up later, but when is that? If that point is after the 165 chapters we have now, I'd like to wait until the writing does pick up.

2. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to Xianxia novel world, where the MC either take forever to level up or skip the process, while getting "heavenly treasures" or whatever along the way by the power of "luck"(Plot Armor).

Wujigege likes this.
  3. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    never....

4. zamornews

zamornews Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what heavenly item does he currently have? im pretty sure those heavenly items are only heavenly to the people in the country were he is which im pretty sure is considered to be the weakest country(they have 0 nascent soul warriors). the locket belonged to a guy that was basically at the peek of cultivation. the thing he found are rare but only useful to low level people. strong people will find them usless unless they wanted to give it too a disciple or something.

_____

that is kinda like a really poor village boy that found an ipod nano only to find out that there are other villages like his or better in the outside world as well as big cities and even countries and probably continents. and that the people from the city wont even look at the old ipod nano even if you paid them. i mean they might take it and give it to a new born baby but they themselves would never use something so low grade since they could just buy a better one.

weird analogy but i think works for most wuxia/xianxia novels

edit. also the country that he's in and the other ones were founded by really strong people in the past. its just that with time the place will become worst if they dont keep producing strong people or that the energy starts to diminish which in turn make the new people weaker and the cycle continues.

5. Gtro4

Gtro4 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Around chapter 300 the MC begins to unravel the conspiracy surrounding his present life and his past life. This is where things start to gear up. Lots of powerups, hints of great secrets, crazy battles etc. After he goes to the upper heavens (around 700) thats where the novel truly begins to shine. Stick with it if you can. The first 200 chaps are the real drag here.

6. sekach

sekach Outer Disciple

Reading List:
    Link
    it isn't dude from 1st chapter, but close to late boss character
    I don't remember when it goes better (about 200 chapter?), but in this story plot closely linked into big hank.

7. watz97

watz97 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first chapters are a bit weak because it is just world building and centered on how he starts to change his views on the world. Things start to get really hectic once he forms his core, from there Ning Fan will have little to no rest.

8. PandaZzz

Reading List:
    Link
    In Chapter 6:"Jade Royal Grass was said to be hard to obtain for even Immortal Emperors."
    Then, in chapter 7, he pretty much has the Jade Royal Grass' companion ingredient the Coiling Evil Grass in his proximity as well.
    I don't think it's only considered good at a low level because:"In the memories of the Ancient Chaos Grand Emperor, during the Immemorial Era, only two people successfully cultivated the “Transcending Immortal Physique”. Both of them were top geniuses of an era!"
    So mixing these two grasses allows him to make a Dan that lets him cultivate that physique and Wei Tuo, who is one of the only two that cultivated it, is considered the strongest under the Ancient Chaos Grand emperor.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  9. PandaZzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, I guess I'll wait until it reaches about 200 before binging since I don't wanna stop at a bad point and not want to go back it lol

10. PandaZzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh didn't know he had a past life. Or is it just that everyone reincarnates, but they drink that memory forgetting soup in the underworld. Yeah I'm gonna follow along with it since I'm out of top-tier novels to read and all those 1k chapter reviews praise it so goddam much xD
    Probably gonna be a while since the chapters are way longer than typical, but the translation seems good.