Spoiler When the Flowers Bloom/능소화 (manhwa)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by november27, Nov 5, 2021.

1. november27

november27 Happy, free, confuse and lonely in the best way

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2021-11-5_18-10-7.jpeg

Think of me whenever the flowers bloom. Eungtae, a man destined to die young. Yeon, a woman whose childhood was cursed by the heavens. On a precious summer day beneath the blossoms of the trumpet vine, the two fall in love as fate intended. And in an instant, a shadow is cast over their future.
    https://ridibooks.com/books/4716000010?_rdt_sid=event-subgroup&_rdt_idx=0
    the manga images
    upload_2021-11-5_18-19-0.jpeg

upload_2021-11-5_18-19-38.jpeg
    upload_2021-11-5_18-24-57.jpeg
    Sooo I really like how the story started as that they found (in modern world) a letter in a ancient tomb written by a woman about her lover and there’s this person who’s interpreting this (later they found a diary from the same woman) is the one who’s telling the story. I guess that person must be the ml present self (just my opinion)I think this manga has a great potential.like it would be a great work if they turn this into a kdrama.i think there’s a novel too .can someone spoil? U can read the translated chap in many sites .please don’t share site links here :):)

me after reading 4 chapter—-> “ oh my heart it’s breaks every chapter I read…..” (singing Lana del ray ‘born to die’ my version ):blobconfounded::notlikeblob:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Your_spicy_curry

Your_spicy_curry New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the ml really die Young ?

The man we saw in present times in chapter 0, is he the reincarnation of eungtae?

4. drikamichiura

drikamichiura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my god, I thought the same thing... that the person in the first chapter is the ml in the present...

5. hika21

hika21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems the past is tragedy I wonder if there is modern version.?

6. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML? Please tell me it's not the guy designed with the uniqueness of a brown paper bag.

your crush likes this.
  7. elijahavery

elijahavery Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At first, I just want to find spoiler by searching on the original novel's review and naver blog, If It has sad ending I will drop it. But I found out It's actually based on a real letter and some real people. It's called 'Won's Mother's Letter' that found in Andong, South Korea more than 20 years ago. You can find many articles about it.
    I can't say it a spoiler but If it follows the original letter it will be sad ending. EungTae died when Yeon pregnant with their child and Won is their child's name. Yeon was still pregnant when she wrote the letter.
    The naver blog review contains spoilers and the ending but It's kinda hard to understand by MTL. I can only say the novel's ending is similar to the real one.

8. Trangmint0306_

Trangmint0306_ New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can somebody tell me who is the male lead (the man that fl loves) ?

9. Mainexxxxxxxx10

Mainexxxxxxxx10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG this one is really good. But I'm confuse why the asura seems to have a grudge to the girl? YAAAAAH PLEASE SPOIL ME

10. november27

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow :blobdizzy:
    It’s amazing how they use real scenario to create a novel/manhwa
    If the past life end with a tragedy,hope they give us a epilogue about these two meetings in the present life .

Anyone who wanna read the real letter

11. Lunicylle

Lunicylle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the chapter 23 of manhwa the ML was stabbed(?) by Asura and they already have a son named Won too in the previous chapters but with the way things are progressing it seems like it would really be a tragic story. However, I am still hanging to a single thread of hope that they would meet in the modern world and live happily. The real letter is already sad so can be the fictional one be happier? :blob_teary:

12. hongmeowpanda

hongmeowpanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last chapter was released. The series is done! :blobparty::blobparty:

Lunicylle and november27 like this.
  13. november27

Reading List:
    Link
    Can u spoil the ending ?:cookie: I stopped reading thinking this would end as a tragedy :blobconfounded::blobconfounded:

14. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It indeed ended as a tragedy, but the next life thingy made it a (somewhat)happy ending?

november27 likes this.
  15. hongmeowpanda

hongmeowpanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TLDR: Everyone dies and the MC/ML reincarnate/meets and falls in love again. :blobcat_hyper::blobhighfive:

2nd ML/(Asura God) earthly form died when ML chopped the trumpet vines flowers. 2nd ML was planning to bring FL (Yeon) soul back to heaven without her knowledge (FL was the reincarnation of his past lover) after the flowers bloomed. She was gardening because 2nd ML saved ML's life in exchange for her doing this task.

ML was stabbed by 2nd ML as a result of chopping the flowers, and took a while to die. FL is grieving and raising their loving son. THEN the son dies when he is an adult. After he dies, FL starves herself to death.

Obviously all of this is a flashback/guessing from reincarnated ML pov while reading the letters.

Reincarnated ML travels to the village where all this takes place, sees the flowers, all the letters go flying in the wind and he meets the reincarnated FL, falls in love :bloblove:. The end

This was a super SUPER short series, like 20 ish chapters?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    torte1315, Lunicylle, ushii and 5 others like this.
  16. newbornleaf

newbornleaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any side stories?