Discussion When the MC get popular I sometimes lost interest

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Niselitz, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing wrong with them, I just don't like them anymore, and you are not alone on the Ash hate, I mean he should grow up already.

Eternal Emperor likes this.
  2. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    You know I was thinking about this the whole afternoon. Does reading bl mean that one is gay?
    Personally I’m a female, I normally fall for guys, had been in a long term relationship before, loved that guy at some point it did not work out. So technically on paper I’m a straight female person. I do find some girls attractive but I had never wanted to be in a relationship with one, apart from friendship that is.
    I discovered the yaoi/ bl genre quite recently actually. What like maybe 2 years ago? Honestly I was actually looking for something like bromance. You know a little more eye contact to go with the punch on the shoulder “bro” style. Like sports school anime stuff. At some point I noticed those anime sometimes had “shounen ai” tag and so I searched those... and well those had “yaoi” tag attached sometimes as well.

So technically my “like” towards bl genre was actually very “innocent” in the beginning if that makes sense. And honestly very few INTERESTING bl novels out there have more than some kissing between men in them. The not so good novels are mainly centered around sex scenes and honestly I would not advise those anyway. But the bl novels that have PLOT in them are actually really good. They are not really about “male on male sex” but more about the story surrounding the relationship like in any good romance novel with straight characters.

Though in a way I get what you are saying... I personally never read/watch yuri (girl x girl) stuff. Not that I mind it. No, I had several lesbian friends and all, they are cool people. But I’m just not interested in the genre.

After thinking about “why” is that this afternoon I came to a conclusion that “bromance” has a “bro” and “romance” in it. Females don’t have that word. It’s only “sisterhood”, as far as my limited vocab goes. And “hood” is like neighborhood- you don’t have to have “romantic “ feelings about your neighbors... if that makes sense...

Anyhow back to what you were saying- don’t worry, unless you are already a gay or a bisexual I doubt that bl novels would be able to put a dent into your sexuality... (and in our weird society it’s fine to be a little weird too, so so long as it’s consensual- who cares if you are into girls, boys or both. Just make sure it’s mutual love or like or crush or something... does the rest really matter??)

Errr sorry (not really) for the rant... it was just in my head so decided to write it... but enjoy whatever it is you do choose to read or watch :)

juniorjawz likes this.
  3. Niselitz

Niselitz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Im a guy and instead of yaoi i prefer more of yuri and it makes me think how cute they act to each other.. I also have many friends(all boys) who prefer yuri than yaoi... I guess it just depends on gender.... Cause I also have a girl that I like and definitely not a 2D girl but my schoolmate

Oh I but I like traps but I am still pure

Meloman likes this.
  4. A s h e s

A s h e s God of Mischief and Annoyance

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone call Nagato

5. A s h e s

A s h e s God of Mischief and Annoyance

Reading List:
    Link
    no, only gay if the balls touch. Jk.

No, if a story is interesting, it's interesting regardless of it to that person.

Meloman likes this.
  6. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    The Strongest System
    Ultimate Scheming System.

They're low-key in being not low-key.