Discussion When will we "reach" hyper-dimensional constructs?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I went through multiple various discussion threads on dimensional ranking, particularly versus threads of top known and unfamiliar forums others may or may not know of. I have concluded, I understood NOT A SINGLE THING, I like to believe, in their intense debate over scientific facts versus pseudo-scientific theories versus straight fictional fantasy.

I did come to an agreement with my vain self, and humane self, that we, I, hope that no matter the needless, or eras worth of lives destroyed in the span of history from past to present and future. Humankind shall have their Tower of Babel once more! The stars beyond our physical reach and dimensions invisible to our physical world are but stepping stones for a more simpler yet grander purpose. Indeed, just like our ancestors from the ancient times, we shall replace or touch the divine seat of what truly rules over all creation. Be it whatever heaven, earth, and hell there is or are!

1. What is likely possible to happen when civilization reaches hyper-dimensional level of technology?
    2. If by chance, a very slim but naught almost possibility in the very distant future, humankind actually attains the seat of divinity over everything. Will they succeed in further advancing civilization or regress it, like how most superpower nations fell from internal strife over various factions wielding significant influence over parts of the nation as a whole?
    3. Will we ever reach a present world where we truly become our own gods and devils in myths and legends?

Slightly out of topic question here, but if you were a legit deity that ruled the grand cosmos. How would you rule the rules and make of it for every non-being, thought, and being in all creation? This question is related to the Throne from Day of Wrath and well, the heated arguments I've read so far in hours tonight.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    we offend them and then die. what do you expect? humans are represented by retards
    regress it. war is inevitable for the greater good of wanting more shit to own/control
    who knows. that is mostly subjective

mir and Bloodysin28 like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *looks at OP's post*
    That's your Tower of Babble right there. :blobwoah:

4. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    define hyper dimensional
    Nothing is eternal and everything most end, so even if mankind reach the extreme the remainng option are keep it there (that yonly postponed the fall) or fall, so your question logically only has one solution
    we already are

AMissingLinguist and blaze27 like this.
  5. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Offend who exactly?
    ... I think you're exaggerating my word count here. It's not even wor
    Offend who exactly?
    ... I think you're exaggerating my word count here. It's not even worth the base of a real tower of text.
    Well, something beyond our 3rd dimension. If I'm being particular here, it would an object capable of interacting with dimensions beyond our 3rd dimension, and should serve as lever to elevate our civilization to the concept of virtually supernatural gods and demons. In a sense, we are our own gods and devils, but I want something more concrete. I want literal supernatural actions from humankind to overflow this world with wonders and disasters.

mir and otaku31 like this.
  6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    1. What is likely possible to happen when civilization reaches hyper-dimensional level of technology?
    Extinction of the human race
    2. If by chance, a very slim but naught almost possibility in the very distant future, humankind actually attains the seat of divinity over everything. Will they succeed in further advancing civilization or regress it, like how most superpower nations fell from internal strife over various factions wielding significant influence over parts of the nation as a whole?
    Extinction or regression to the dark ages or maybe, a not so developed fantasy world
    3. Will we ever reach a present world where we truly become our own gods and devils in myths and legends?
    Most of the current humanity are masqueraded devils, so I guess that is one step towards that goal
    4. if you were a legit deity that ruled the grand cosmos. How would you rule the rules and make of it for every non-being, thought, and being in all creation?
    Unified awareness to rule them all, is probably the first step to make

7. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Read any Sci-Fi novel.

2. Seat of divinity... by this I can only guess you mean that humankind can create and modify life freely. No knowledge is hidden from us and we have achieved immortality.
    This is a lot different from achieving hyperdimensional travel. If we reached that level of omniscience and omnipotence, there would be no conflict amongst us a we can all have anything we want and know all.

3. No. I doubt it immensely. Read up on the Fermi Paradox. We likely haven't reached the great divide yet.

8. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope you don't paradoxically destroy yourself with that unifying consciousness. I remember a lot of gods "disappearing" or literally went insane from losing to their inner selves's doubts. The fallacies of their own logic killed them. A slow and steady poison to any sentience, especially to a non-living being like a god.
    Fermi Paradox? I shall check it up on In a Nutshell!

9. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Isaac Arthur does a very informative series of videos on it. PBS Spacetime does aswell.

mir and AMissingLinguist like this.
  10. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try them after I finish the simplistic version first. It's better I have an outline or framework of the design, before fully jumping deep into the mechanics of everything.

11. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    doesn't the fact that you are exchanging message with people all around the world within at most a few seconds of lag count as supernatural?
    or the fact that you have a device inside your house at a temperature - 10 to -30 ºC below ambient temperature,
    or that mankind has an outpost outside earth atmoshpere
    the fact that we can use eletron's spin in electric device to safe information
    or a single bomb that destroys a city and vaporize all in a radius of kilometer

magic is only magic until we understand it
    but a future where mankind has control of quantum events to the point that a large number atoms near a person can be put in a configuration that will gain electrons in a short period of time (releasing a lot of energy) to ignite the air to form a fireball or lose electrons to form ice spikes is possible, but in term of damage it won't be any different than just picking up a gun

mir likes this.
  12. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I think of magic and science as separate procedures (forces) accessing similar rules from aligned energy source or the same source.

13. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    so was electromagnetism, but as soon as someone doews the math for x mana equal fireball of y size and z temperature, congrats you have science

and before you say something about talent (let me add correction value C)
    and no, the relationship across those variables are not necessarily linear

14. Nazgand

Nazgand New Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems you're full bent on assessing magic as something scientifically possible once understood with our laws of physics. What I'm trying to convey to you, which I'm failing hard at, is that I see magic as a different system of reality compared to science. Science is compatible with us, because we can learn it and advance it's progress using laws and theories we comprehend. I find magic as less of learning and more of something natural. It's not about talent or whatever this C you speak of. I agree with you that magic and science creating fire have the exact result, but what differentiates the both are the processes of magic and science are completely different.

16. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    No, in science the most important thing is replication and predicability. So unless your magic is something that for the same base conditions (ex. You in a empty room ) and your perform the same "ritual" (chant, hand movement) but get once a fireball and another time you summon a goblin, your magic system is predictable so its is scientific.
    And as a side note even if it randomness can be predictable, as in x% of fireball, y% of goblin,etc it can still be statistically predictable

17. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you serious? You, serious? Seriously?

Why are we talking about the purposes of magic and science, when I'm just trying to tell you magic is supernatural and science is not, no matter how supernatural it may seem to the ignorant?

18. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Short answer, no.

It's not possible in the current understanding of our science. We are extremely limited in practically everything and would die out in merely millions of years, which is like a speck of dust compared to the estimated lifespan of the universe before Heat Death. Time Travel is impossible, getting past the speed of light is impossible, exploring outside the local group is impossible, even uniting the earth itself to fully begin the age of space exploration seems unlikely.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  19. DocB

Reading List:
    Link
    supernatural is what can not be understand, science is a method that though hypothese, experimentaion, replication and prediction, consolidates knowledge.
    so any magic system (chants, ritual etc) can be explain with science in their universe.
    the reason why ghost are supernatural in our reality is not because science can't explain it, but because all test perform so far have either disprove their existance or at worst failed to detect anything
    but in a world (story) were they are common place and necromancers routinely capture ghost from dead bodies, ghost aren't supernatural and can be explained scientifically (after all you can simply test it)
    grab a person, kill them, wait for ghost, scientifically prove the existance of ghost, ghost are no longer supernatural

20. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's pretty disappointing that humanity can't even put aside our differences long enough for us to leave this goddamn rock. :blobsad: