Discussion When you were dreaming, did you ever realize that you were dreaming?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sowrya, Sep 5, 2020.

1. sowrya

sowrya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever realized that you are in a dream when you were dreaming? If yes, what happened next? xD...if you didn't wake up the next second.

Fulminata likes this.
  2. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    yes and continue dreaming

3. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Twice

Once when I realized I was in a nightmare, I woke up....and realized the monster were still there.
    Then I realized I was still in a nightmare, and then woke up for real.
    Then slept again and saw the same dream....

The other time, it was a normal dream and I just continued on dreaming, knowing it was a dream.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  4. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye, It was happy but at the same time sad dream

5. sowrya

sowrya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you remember what you did in your dream after knowing it was a dream? :p

6. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    It was called lucid dream, usually when you realized it you will wake up soon

Nightow1 and LynnChu like this.
  7. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes. I was flying and I realized I was dreaming. then I remembered that humans can't fly and I dropped like a rock and woke up before I hit the ground. one time I dreamed I won the lotto then realized I was dreaming, talk about crushing disappointment.

8. sowrya

sowrya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but it is also possible to keep staying in the dream for some time...I just am interested in knowing what people did with the knowledge that they are in a dream xD

Nightow1 likes this.
  9. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    It happen to me twice or thrice but i don't remember anymore only vague memory, i think the last time i realized it i try make something happen but only half done/imperfect and then wake up with regret (just almost there)

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I disrobed and ran around naked. Turns out i was mistaken.

Villager Anonymous and Fulminata like this.
  11. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I was having a really happy dream, like so happy that i was crying. I dont remember what it was about, but i remember that i chose to continue smiling and crying.

It's kinda become my beacon of hope now, that one day i would be that happy

12. 01

01 [REDACTED]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I was dreaming about camping with my ex then I realised that we are not together anymore and that was a dream but I just let it continue.

13. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I fell asleep in class one time since i was kinda tired upon having to wake up for an early class. At that time, the teacher haven't arrived yet so i took a quick nap and found myself dreaming about having to flirt with our teacher.

So the moment i thought about the teacher in front of me, i imagine that it was still in a dream and so i flirted with the teacher, thinking it was still a dream. My classmates kept holding off their laughter as the teacher was kinda into my state as i began to feel something was wrong and the moment she pinched my cheeks... Oh boy, you can see my look at that time...

The moment i felt pain made me realize 'Bruh, you ain't dreaming. Its fcking real!!!' I just stood there silently and happily smiled to her.

'Hey teacher, nice day we are having.'

It was the moment my class was almost dying of laughter and my wanna cover my face and want to kill myself.

14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, sometime this cat try to change direction of dream~ kinda fun way to enjoy da dream~ like 1st pov suddenly change to 3rd pov or hehehe~

15. mirfn

mirfn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, sometimes I got a lucid dream, if it was good enough to enjoy it I'll continue dreaming.

16. littleoctopus

littleoctopus White Lotus Slayer ✦ Villain Sympathizer

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course! all the time . I would always know it's a dream. If it's a nightmare then I force myself to wake up . I can't explain how I do it but I'm always successful. If it's not I'll continue dreaming

17. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually no, what I dream basically become natural to me, something like running away from 'entity', try to fight it back and run again if I can't beat it, then my feet kinda glued on ground that make me can't run. Attending high school class even though I Already graduate from it and many of classmate are my coworkers and college friends. Or when I flying an airship just find on the sky. I just accepted whatever happened in dreams.
    After woke up I thought those dreams are kinda ridiculous, If I know I was in dream I can just beat that 'entity' with different methods or even outrun it. That High school class dream was absurd because neither my coworkers and college friends attended the same school with me. That flying airship also ridiculous, how I can fly it that big airship alone. After several minutes those dream are easily forgotten.
    Oh yeah, there's time when forcibly awakened, those dream become more vivid than usual, making me remember them after several days even week.

18. CutieCatty

CutieCatty [Following Kalto's Step] [Hibernation]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes~~~~

19. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I was dreaming of being chased by ghosts. I remembered that i ran to this suspended bridge between two cliff. The ghosts have blocked the two entrances of the bridge, and i was surrounded and was about to face certain death. I remembered that i pinched cheek, and finding that it didn't hurt, yet i couldn't wake up no matter how hard i tried...
    But then i fell into the cliff and woke up

20. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Sometimes the dream goes on a bit uncertainly, like it shouldn't go on, but it goes off my "suggestions" for the plot, lol. In a way, I can control it for a while. In rare cases when I realize I'm dreaming, I get a very creepy sensation that something is observing me and it's unhappy about my realization. Then I sorta get ejected from the dream. It's kinda easy to realize I'm dreaming tho. If I feel like using the toilet but can never find a suitable one (they're usually very public and I'm extremely reluctant to use them), so it turns into a search for a toilet, I'm like "Oh, it's a dream, gotta wake up to go pee". Or when I write something, but every time I look at it, the words change, I'm like "it's a dream" again. Or when I can't turn on any electrical appliance. Or when I dream of a certain dead relative. Somehow I just don't go along with it and realize I'm dreaming. But usually, I just wake up when this happens.