Where do you publish your works?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Okuri Ookami, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking of starting to publish one of my books, chapter by chapter. Which platform do you trust to sell your book and give you satisfactory money and traffic? Exposure and reach? Etc..

Basically which platform do you like to use and what are the conditions they put forth?

I was thinking of just putting it on WebNovel but I don't completely trust them. I've seen their practices but there is a few authors making good money.

2. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Fantasy/Action- Royalroad
    Romance/Drama- Wattpad
    Eastern fantasy - Webnovel
    Historical- Fictionpress (Though, I hate the platform)
    Short Eroticas- Literotica

If you have time, you could just release in multiple platforms. This is simply my biased view on platforms

AMissingLinguist and Kiskaiya like this.
  3. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobtaco: Creativenovels.com :blobokhand:

4. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Put it in my own blog...?

Whether or not someone read it is questionable though...

Or just put it on multiple websites...

5. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    whoever you choose to put it with, read the fine print VERY well. webnovel may seem to pay well, but that's the select few, and to really earn anything you have to be pumping out nonstop updates and chapters. Heck, depending on how you plan to market it even Amazon can be a horrid choice, because if you apply for it to be on kindle unlimited and get paid by the read count, your payment is delayed 30 days during which amazon can come out and claim a portion of the views were fraudulent so they will only pay you a fraction of what you should have earned, no appeal, no proof, they act as their own judge, jury, executioner.

namio and AMissingLinguist like this.
  6. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    My book will be written for and by me I don't actually expect them to make money but any additional income would help.
    I used to read literotica when I was a kid its probably been more than 7 yrs since I've used that platform regularly. I changed To storiesonline.com they had more taste full entertainment I guess you would say. Same erotica same length of operation but I don't think either would make me income? As for the others I've herd of Wattpad but don't know much about it.

My Story is based of Western Fantasy but not exclusively and for what its worth WN has a solid model I just don't know the details of a contract and that's what I'm worried about.
    I don't know if putting it on multiple websites or a blog would give a stable source of income.

I don't know what this site is but from a glance it looks no different from those sites that copy paste TL works onto their site and call it their own. I saw to many of them in the early days. They caught the readers eye with flashy web layouts but ultimately it just masked them stealing peoples works.

*Edit
    I took a closer look and my first assumption has changed but I'll have too look into it more

I don't trust amazon or Webnovel but webnovel seems like my only choice since I want to work on my novel chapter by chapter instead of book by book. I want to be able to change the arc of my story. Even though I only plan to start updating when I'm 5 arcs ahead I know writers block can stall and if the contract is harsh who knows what penalties will be in a WN contract

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  7. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's income that you seek, then I can't be much of a help. After all, I am more of a hobbyist writer rather than a career writer.

8. DXHaseoXD

DXHaseoXD [Forever Alone] [Person who tries to translate]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no real good platform, you'll always get ripped off, that's what happens when you submit to the corporate overlords.

9. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a shame

You're right, I guess i'll have to go over the contract if i'm able to get one.

10. eryafii

eryafii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to recommend Scribble Hub, the sister site of NU. But this site is more recommended for hobbyist writers, in my opinion.

There's a tip and tip reminder at the end of the chapter. Not a steady source of income but if you're not taking writing as a career, it's good to receive tips once in a while.

11. eryafii

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't recommend Webnovel... Not like I experienced something there. I've read the book Da Contract posted there. Made me abort my plans to even post a story there.

12. eryafii

Reading List:
    Link
    As for Wattpad, I was also considering that option but after seeing Jane conquest something video on YouTube, I decided against making it my primary site. Apparently, Ambassadors can abuse their power like manipulate views, delete an account without proper warning like wtf. One day, her account just got deleted without much communication. If you want to know more, just search info on that Jane girl.

13. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    If that's that post about a year ago I think I read it too, they stated how they'd been fucked over and what not but couldn't post any concrete evidence because of NDA. That's one of the reasons why i'm hesitant abut going with Webnovel. There were posts discrediting that person and I remember feeing the rebukes made more sense than what that person said.

But that's only if i'm remembering it correctly. I don't even know if we're talking about the same person. Can you link me the forum url that you saw this on?

That doesn't seem ethical and even if WN's contracts are bad I don't see many things suggesting that Webnovel is as bad since no one else has posted something bad about it to my knowledge since 6 months ago.

I don't come to NU much these days so they might of and I didn't realize it