Where in the world would you like to live? What’s the reason for it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Coldxfire, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Coldxfire

Coldxfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As stated above where would you like to live and why?

Some of the places I would love to stay in are Japan and Jamaica.
    • Japan for all its culture, food, the weird flavours and ofc the anime shops that I just can't get enough off!
    • Jamaica is a melting pot of cultures from across the world Dutch, French, Chinese, British, East Indian, West Africa, Portuguese, Chinese, and Spanish to name just a few and the island's food reflects this history and heritage with its mixture of flavors. So it would basically be like a food heaven for me.

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  2. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'd prefer to stay in Finland; where I was born, was raised and where I am living now.

Reasons to stay (f.ex.):
    • I have a decent job with good income and not too much responsibility
    • No debt
    • Got higher education for free
    • Good healthcare
    • Good work-life -balance
    • Government offers safety nets if stuff hits the fan
    • Safe to live (f.ex. children can go to school with public transportation without danger)
    • Possibility to get groceries and food delivered
    • Fast internet
    • Local culture that lets me be by myself and that fits my values (f.ex. no need to socialize if I don't want to)
    • Relatively high standard of living
    • No need to own a car, as public transportation is great where I live
    • If I wanted to travel, that'd be relatively easy
    Cons:
    • Food isn't really that amazing to me, having lived here my whole life
    • I doubt I'll end up in a relationship around here
    • I don't really like bars or other mainstream activities where other people are; bit of a hermit here
    • Getting the feeling that people are losing good values over generations
    So yeah, basically too convenient to move somewhere else.

mir and Coldxfire like this.
  3. Tarawa

Tarawa [Clubs] [Zam!]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would stay in Indonesia.. Its just that this is the only way of life that i know.. there is a pros and cons wherever you choose to live..

Pros :
    Its not like my life is sunshine and rainbow.. but i know and understand how life work here..

Food is great, and so much variation to try wherever region you go.

Cons :
    There is a lot of problem here.. in every aspect whether its government or the citizens itself.. but yeah..

P.s if we are talking about a short period of time like 3-7 year.. maybe the big Apple itself (i really want to visit a comedy club there) and maybe some city in Southern Spain

Coldxfire and Vilidious like this.
  4. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I like a lot about Japan, but I wouldn't want to live there... The bureaucracy, ugh. The cost of living. The tiny spaces... I do wish some Japanese laws were adopted in Europe though. Like you can't buy a car if you can't provide proof you have a place to park it. And the sides of the street are not allowed. You cannot imagine how irritating it is to look at a disorderly street and sidewalks that are covered with parked cars. And how much it hinders people with reduced mobility, or mothers with baby strollers.

Where I'd want to live: some small town or village in
    1. Switzerland, for safety reasons, and it's beautiful.
    2. Norway. If people are really as reserved as the stereotype, it's the place for me.
    3. Iceland. Low population, beautiful.
    4. New Zealand. I might be romanticizing it.

5. Dwarkin

Dwarkin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was born in the steppes, where temperature is up to -40°C in the winter and up to +40°C in the summer and spent many years in different countries of Southeast Asia, but it's too hot there. It would be great to find a nice place where temperature is 20-25°C during the day and 15-20°C during the night, all year around.

6. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An isekai. Because cat girls and harems.

Coldxfire likes this.
  7. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I don’t really want to live anywhere else than where I am. But if I had to choose, I’d pick somewhere warm (I hate cold weather). So maybe Hawaii, or a country that never dips below 50°F

Coldxfire likes this.
  8. cupboardbee

cupboardbee Not Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think of that a lot but everytime I pick a country I think "x is a problem there and I really dont like that" so I just pick my own home country.

It would be really nice to have the doraemon travel doors thingy that only I can access, I could work, do groceries, study, play in different countries while being in the comfort of my own home lol

mir likes this.
  9. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the place I live but it's too expensive. I have to leave. I can only continue right now because I'm in shared living. I want to have my own home.

If anyone knows any state or any country that has good hospitals/health care/affordable health insurance, is affordable to live in, isn't dangerous, and has good internet (hopefully I can do online jobs that pay better than the area), or has jobs that pay enough to live with just part time work, and is accepting foreigners that are only average (am not a doctor, programmer or engineer, don't even have a degree), please tell me. I have been looking. But it's hard to know what a place is like from looking it up online.
    It would also be nice if the weather wasn't intense.