Where is the world going?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gadget, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    After the terrorist attack in Paris and hearing some talks, I decided to post this:

It looks like there will be a major war in the near future. At least, the chances of something like that happening are rising. Tension is rising with some countries, and traders expect a big crash in around 5-6 years, more or less.

What do you think? Are you prepared? Will you make preparations?

2. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    da human world i kinda fucked.......Lucky me, I live in hell

Asakura Ouryuu and Das like this.
  3. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    yes I have already built my underground bunker, so when the aliens attack will be ready to keep myself safe.

In an all serious note, just read about the Paris attacks. Really sad, from what I read in different articles, it's related to the Syria crisis.
    as for war, I highly doubt any one would want to up against USA, unless someone goes nuclear (which I highly doubt is going to happen, but some countries may just be dumb enough to go nuclear) war is not likely.

Mantius likes this.
  4. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an american and I'd like to point out that I'm non too confident on that statement. A lot and by lot I mean a fuck-ton of people are itching to take a shot at the USA, not only that but we are a lazy country by which I don't mean the health problems or the government I mean if war comes over to our territory I don't even want to imagine how terrible it would be, and lastly lots of those country's that are itching for some action with our country have been mobilizing for quite some time now. (Russia with the whole thing they did, not to sound racist but quite a few people in the middle east have been shitting bullets at each other and many are none too pleased with our policies, and some Asian countries that shall not be named have also been sharpening their claws.) I hope is just paranoia on my part but I personally don't like the current state of things with so much bad blood between our country and others.

5. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think we will have another war in near future. A small scale war between 1-2 countries are possible, but not another world war. The time for physical war is already over.
    As for a crash in stock market, it's highly possible, but not because of war. The stock market is overly reliant on USA and China growth. A small economic crisis in USA is enough to shake the market in developing countries, while the growth in China can't goes on forever. Many of the stock in China are already overpriced, and is only going up because the market return instead of the actual company worth.

6. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    there was a terrorist attack in paris?
    brb google.

7. maskedcerf

maskedcerf DCLXVI

Reading List:
    Link
    at worst if the terroriste are too annoying the governement ill ask for help and try to destroy the root while taking oil

8. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Small issue. It is incredibly difficult in today's world to attack a country's soil. Any country that wants a piece of the U S of A needs to go by air and by sea. It would become a logistical nightmare of epic proportion. I'm not researched too well in the specific but ask someone who is and he will tell you how difficult it would be.

There's a reason the Cold War never amounted to anything.

Raphael likes this.
  9. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish I was convinced but the constant development of warfare equipment added with the movements of militant forces makes me worry constantly worry about conflict. Now I'm not asking to be convinced nor am I saying WW3 is here but the possibility of conflict is looking pretty high maybe not now or maybe not 5~6 years but in the next decade at least seems to me something will happen. Hope it does not though truly do.

10. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    To Hell in a Handbasket.

Because it hasn't been said yet. That said I think that people are picking sides and drawing up alliances. Whether that leads to a World War or just a state of cold war is unclear. I think societal collapse is more likely. And probably more horrific in some way.

Also physical war will never go out of style. It's going to happen again eventually because a fight for resource will come around at some point but no one is going to want to use nukes and destroy said resources.

11. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    That might have some merit to it, never considered the expenses or the fact that we are not in a bad relationship with Canada or Mexico and those are the only ones touching our borders.

12. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    If there is any form of conflict due to tension it will not be country v country. It will be a series of internal conflicts fueled by religion and beliefs, on what scale is anyone's guess.

13. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, big ass nuclear warheads is ghat they need to blow up close to the ground. If the method of delivery never makes it then those costly toys are useless.
    Yep, that's why there's the european union, NATO etc... It's a deterrant against against attackers. I'm canadian and I know full well how much we buy and sell to the US.

The thing with big ass new weapons we keep developping is that we come ever so closer to the "mutual destruction" scenario and no one wins. There's no advantage in going to complete war. That's why we stick to proxying.

CDLevit likes this.
  14. Dr.Maniac

Dr.Maniac I am Death.

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone wanna have my fallout bunker?Back in the day I used to do drills with it :)

15. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    So keep in nind where I'm coming from. I'm American, I've been enlisted in the army since 2012. Signed up first chance I got. Albeit the national guard but still. I've had training overseas in Germany. Trained with a few multinational forces. And got to see the state of part of the American 1-4 in Germany, parts of the 82nd and 73rd paratroopers. And I highly doubt the next war will go in our favor unless we change something. America has been constantly downgrading the military (thanks Obama) at least my unit has had decent cutbacks. So come the next war, unless we rely on allies it's not gonna be good. Oh btw, Canadian paratroopers were on point. Even with lack of gear they still were on point.

Ah btw it's just my guess but there will probably be some major war within the next 10-15 years

JJ likes this.
  16. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    Where is the world going? Around the sun. At about 1000km a second. Despite that, it takes a whole year for the earth to circle the sun. As to potential WW3, its already here. Its been going since September 11 2001... Gez that was a long time ago...

17. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Question: if there are close ties between countries, something like what CECO ( The community of coal and ..metal?- that Treaty that's on the base of UE) tried to do will there be a war or not? Is that possible?

18. Nyanko

Nyanko Psychotic Cat Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    In 1900, the economies of Western Europe were as tightly integrated as they are today. Look what happened fourteen years later! I'm not saying that Western Europe is going to slide back into war, but close economic ties do not necessarily mean peace. The greed of humans is not to be discounted! Glad I'm a cat then

19. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, with all these Syrian refugees, it's either going to work out ok, or turn into a powder keg in the future

20. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe a lot of the tensions stem from the lack of support from the government(s), with the whole push for multiculturalism and the denial of native culture. It doesn't help calling people racist or bigots when they are highlighting problems that are affecting the community, and if people can't talk about the problems how on earth are you suppose to get rid of the tensions.

If Europe is not willing to discuss the cultural problems of the mass immigration and the crisis it brings, we may as well call Europe 'Eurabria'.

JJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.