Where is the world going?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gadget, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    About the thread, I don't care really. If it's the end, it's the end.
    it doesn't have the live footage of actual explosion though. All I hear is the boom while they were playing soccer/football.

Just name it man. You already named Russia. My guess, China.

2. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I completely agree with you. A lot of people (might I add liberals) are not willing enough to call out muslims and countries that follow sharia law. Half the things they follow are down right bull shit (coming from an ex-muslim). Even in my family (not my parents, just all the other family), are pretty much sexists (and the women don't have problem with that), they pretty much ridicule any body who doesn't follow Islam, it's impossible to accept love marriage or gay/ lesbian people, and I could keep going on and on but I will stop here. Pretty much half the worlds problems arising from the middle-east, if they could just accept the fact of "free speech", the world would be much better off.

I probably went a little off topic, but I just needed to rant about that.

3. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    you quoted the wrong person though.. Let me do it for you.

CDLevit likes this.
  4. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    what is the us going to do. send more boots on the ground we are in like 7 different countries doing bombing raids indiscriminately which is helping isis recruit more young people into their terrorist group. the military is corrupt and spends untold amounts of money on useless shit such as a 40 million dollar gas station that doesnt work and built countless schools that dont have anyone. we practically made isis when we went into syria and started fighting assad then switch sides. we have a massive gun problem where there is more guns than people and the police is scared shitless by that so every single interaction they act like it is their last and shoot innocent people. we started propaganda that russia should not go to syria and said that we got it covered even though we wasted millions on training soldiers and only got 4-5 that actually work. the more the united states gets involved we seem to screw up the problem even more but we insist that we go into more wars since nowaday warfare is our welfare

5. Zinzukoo

Zinzukoo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It been pretty bad lately, but I think it will highly unlikely that there will be end big wars anytime soon. As an American, (I hate to run the risk of sounding like some USA elites type) I know that if we make any major moves(economically or war like), then it will lead to a big problem. This won't happen because we as a country have attached a huge stigmata to war and we are mostly aware of that our action affect the world. Not too sure about other country though

6. mmsupreme

Reading List:
    Link
    in europe no one called out rottenheim scandal that was horrible beyond belief all due to fears of being a islamaphobe

7. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to point to anyone, from several books that I have read the root of most conflict is actually a clash of resource interest(s) and or ideological belief (ves). War need reasons, otherwise who want to go to some desolate desert and shooting someone (except the FPS players).

Compared to the current Middle East, Central Africa is a more fucked up place where coups, countercoups, massacres, civil war, rebellion, etc dots the region history, yet no one bats an eye for it and it only became a sideshow at best. The reason for this was there is little to gain in that region for the West, Ruskies or East. After all who care about some African right? It won't become a good late news material.

Meanwhile the Middle East have Oils. A resource everyone want. In fact this resource become the reason this region so famous off. The west want it. The Ruskies want it. The east want it. The locals also want it. Since everyone wants it and only limited space available, conflict will and had happen.
    Except we made the oil no longer a valuable commodity (I doubt it), Oils will still become part, means, or aim of the conflict. Not only in Middle East but also in South China Sea where a huge gas field also become a source of contention between China and ASEAN nations. In the future we can expect the conflict switch to other valuable resources like rare metal, phosphor deposit, seafloor methane, fissile material, tritium, GEO etc.

But human is a lump of self-contradiction. As it is, human is prone to feeling bad or guilt, human like to stand on top of his own moral superiority. After all, if you read a LN when the MC is killing people,. Those people killed must be a bandit or bad person or etc. If the MC is killing innocents deliberately for no good reason, the reader will tend to drop the LN right away. That show how much you like being in the "right" side of justice.

This is where ideological conflict play it ugly parts. As it is, Human(s) then to dicotomized people into two groups: Like Myself and others based on a set of something. It might based on the religion, or democracy, or ethnicity, or whether you hold belief in Loli-sama or not. In other words, human tends to separate everyone into two group: Friend, or Possibly Enemies. Either you with us or against us, so to speak. It serve as a good justification why you are doing something bad to your enemy: they are unbelievers, they are communist, they are subhuman mongrel, they are lolicon, etc. A good justification could incite a guilt free war were slaughtering millions is deemed acceptable.
    Even so, today friend is tomorrow enemy and vice versa as the categorizing value changed. That's why Germany and French today are not the same with Germany and French 80 years ago. Except that ideological justification could stand through time like Religion. After all religion had been with humans ever since our forefathers acknowledge the existence of the supranatural entity. Even so, please took note of this story:
    I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."
    "Why shouldn't I?" he asked.
    "Well, there's so much to live for!"
    "Like what?"
    "Are you religious?"
    He said, "Yes."
    I said, "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"
    "Christian."
    "Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
    "Protestant."
    "Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
    "Baptist."
    "Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
    "Baptist Church of God."
    "Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"
    "Reformed Baptist Church of God."
    "Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"
    He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."
    I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.

Even in one giant umbrella set of criteria there is always smaller set of umbrella. So let say when a Middle East say he is Islam, he means Sunni, while the Shia is a heretical scum. or vice versa. Or when a Reader says he is Loli-sama faction, he means YES Lolita NO Touch, while the YES touch is a lolicon trash. So, generalization of an ideological conflict is something hard to do.

For the current Middle East fiasco, it can be said many Middle easterner dreams of a time where they had glory (the so called caliphate) where they hold the world reins and be the foremost of nations and not the pitiful state they are now where they serve as someone else lackey.
    "We are great people 'back then'!" "We were feared by other nonbelievers 'back then'!" "We control the world 'back then'!" "We are the greatest nation in the world 'back then'!" "We are God chosen people!"
    This nostalgia filter, make them hostile to whatever factors they deemed as the cause of the decline of the glorious days of caliphate, like Mongols assaults, sultan debauchery, moral regression, West colonialism, Jews conspiracy, that Sunni/Shia bastard across the border. There a pent up frustration in this region, they seek reason for the reason of they apparent current decline and sideline position in the world stage. And what is easier than blaming someone? Not only the Middle Easterner like to do this, several far right movement in western or eastern countries also dreams of the glorious day they perceived their nation had in the past.

Middle East also get too much attention, since its position that close to what most people held dear, the cradle of their religion, whether it Islam (Sunni/shia), Christian, or Jew (too bad for you Zoroastrian!) so it very easy to ask for support on other people in other nation that didn't live in the region thanks to modern convenient transportation and mass media. Let African kill other African and no one care, but when one Middle East kill another one Middle East everyone move their butts like a speeding eagle. I never ever see a protest rally for African civil wars or conflicts, only for the Middle East one, where they always yell death to USA (or the West) even when USA didn't openly interfered. This show how much we valued Middle East.
    So except we made this ideological value of Middle East irrelevant (hardly possible) the conflict will keep arose as Sunni kills Shia, Shia kills Sunni, Sunni kills Sunni, Shia kills Shia and the West bomb them both, after all the West is backing that Zionist Israel, right? *sarcasm*

So what will happen in the future?War will and keep happens as long as resource interest conflicts with each other. It can be physical, economic, cyber, informational, mental, spiritual, or gaming warfare. As long as there at least two people on top of this round blue insignificant marble, War and conflict will occur sooner or later. Except the Earth is united to fight against some Aliens (but I think there will still a lot of internal conflict).
    War, terrorism, etc. Will and keep happens as long as their is an ideological difference and people who supported it. So except we are a hivemind it will keep happen.

So what will I predict?
    • China will clash with ASEAN Nations over the South China Sea, either to Surface Ship and Submarine Arm Races or Economical Warfare.
    • North Korea collapse in either civil war or something and fucked up Yellow Sea region, as China deemed this country is pain in their asses. Either the North become another province of China or joined South or become another country.
    • USA and the West Europe involvement in Middle East will decrease as they archived energy independence from local or close-by resources, and the Middle East will become a new Russia vs China toys (both of them in dire need of energy and Russia needs additional ice-free ports for their economy).
    • Europe become a giant Middle East refugee camp fleeing the increasing Russia vs China proxy war. I don't know how his will turn out as the integration of the refugee usually not happen.
    • No one still care for another coups in some unpronounceable African country.
    • India vs China for Indochina region influences.
    • Rather than Mesopotamian region, Europe will put more concern with North Africa, it close by and have little ideological baggage value that could interfere.
    • United Nations is impotent as usual, well maybe they still be useful for Africa. I mean no one cares.*sarcasm*
    • Earth eventually get invaded by hostile Alien, everyone unite and pushes back the Alien back to the orbits, then the victorious humans battle each other, while the Alien just content on broadcasting "Live Non-staged Human vs Human" reality show.

Wew... what am I just writing...

JJ, Gadget, CDLevit and 2 others like this.
  8. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why everyone has this notion that the USA shouldn't interfere with other countries business. Well I completely disagree with that, if they won't do it than who would do it. A lot of people go of the fact that USA invaded Iraq, and I do agree with that, America does usually have ulterior motives going into some countries, but most of the time they want to get rid of the dictators. What America does when they "dethrone" the dictators is perfectly fine. Where they lack is what to do after that, they don't issue any policies that will help the country get back on track. They expect the country to turn into a democracy with just getting rid of the dictator. That is why we have problems in Libya ,Syria, and the other countries Americas invaded.
    Even though some people may not like it, it's necessary for people to understand that America is the world's police. There has always been, through out history one major power, and currently that major power is the US.

9. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen a video after searching on youtube and I agree on what both of you stated. Europe is pretty much dead at this point.

10. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    And Police tend to be hated by everyone else. After all a lot of people is being suspicious or contempt for USA actions. And in the USA itself the support is not that high either, since 'war' is ridiculously unpopular from what I have read. I thought in the future USA will become more and more isolationist.

11. Mousa4

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea Europe is turning in to the new America. Time to live that European dream now :/. Sometimes I don't get what goes through people's minds. They are risking their lives to travel to Europe, but they don't risk their lives to fight against the problems in their own countries. Like seriously do people not understand to make a country, a country needs to have people, and when the people join together to fight the government, they ALWAYS succeed. The government (or the lack of) can't kill every single person in the country, if they do that, the country won't be considered a country, and the rulers won't get their "high" off of ruling others.

12. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's somethin' happenin' here.
    What it is ain't exactly clear.
    There's a man with a gun over there
    A-tellin' me I've got to beware.

13. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Luckily
    I don't give a fuck t

14. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea so i might be late but hey better late than never...
    anyways WWIII definitely a possibility, Russia is starting to look like Nazi Germany from WWII and i must say that global response to Russia's actions do bear a striking similarity to the precursors of WWII
    However i do feel that if WWIII were to break out that we (Murica) would most likely join in immediately sending in troops and starting preparations for total war.
    Hell, with modern weaponry anyone anywhere could lose their lives in half an hour but well thats just called being lucky i guess. Also i would reccommend moving to some lonerville in the central parts of teh US as that would be the last place for bombings with the first few being: New York, Florida, Washington DC and Cali.
    Also stock up on weapons and supplies

Simon likes this.
  15. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    or just join @LivingCorpse in the South Pole.

16. mmsupreme

Reading List:
    Link
    do you understand what you are saying. when you say that it is okay to dethrone a dictator that is right but that is 1% of the issue. we can kill Assad easily but 99% of the problem is not that there is a dictator but who will take over that dictator. not every single problem can be solved with outside force nor should it be. America is supposed to act if either an ally is attacked there is a real threat to the homeland and cases of genocide. America is acting like the worlds policeman in full force they bomb anywhere and said that it is a possible terrorist. the war on terror has created more terrorist then prevented. there is massive amounts of waste of money on useless shit that we dont need/use. No one knows what our end goal is anymore in most of these regions. tell me what is our end goal in yemen. what about Libya. what about syria. let me guess in syria you are gonna say that our end goal is to destroy isis well then why are we against Russia being in the region. Are you going to tell me that we are against Assad then who do you think is going to run syria. before you think that there will be a moderate syrian ruler tell me how we are going to deal with russia since they are formally syria's ally. are you going to fight russia over syria then why dont we just start ww3 right know. America is not need in every single conflict. due to the fact that we are the worlds biggest military we have to make sure we dont make multiple countries attack us. now tell me are we fighting against multiple countries which combined can cause a threat to us? or are we just positioning ourselves for that to happen

CDLevit likes this.
  17. Boy and the Beast

Boy and the Beast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is too bad about the terrorist attacks. Don't know what they are thinking. I had never thought Paris, such a beautiful and famous country would ever suffer a terrorist attack.

Well, regarding wars, I don't think there is a need for that. Natural disasters are increasing and sooner or later, even without wars, we will face impending disaster.

Now going off-topic and to ease the mood, what if zombie outbreak occurred ? :D

18. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah wars are a part of human nature. there will never be an end to them. as for zombie apocalypse... depends on the types of zombies made... more than likely we're all screwed though

19. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    umm no the Cold War wasn't an issue of logistics of getting boots on the ground in enemy territory it was I have nuke and you have a nuke so whose going to push the button first to light this blue marble up.

20. vanishchocolate

vanishchocolate ghost that steals your chocolate~BEWARE!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah if i died i die go with the flow well maybe if they use a knife to try to kill me i might survive by throwing stuff but missile hell no ill need one hell of a luck to survive that which i dont have haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.