Question Which chapters of Regressor Instruction Manual?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by heartstampexpress, Jun 28, 2021.

?

Do you like Regressor Instruction Manual?

1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It's complicated... (please elaborate I'm dying to hear it)

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. heartstampexpress

heartstampexpress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got baited into reading Regressor Instruction Manual from one of the topmost comments on the NU page, which talked about how much of a jerk the MC was with some examples that sounded super hilarious to me. I'm at a slow part right now, and want to gauge if I should just keep drudging through or skip ahead a couple hundred chapters because this novel is... a lot.

So, can someone tell me which chapters these events happen? Even one would be greatly appreciated. Here they are:
    1. MC fakes having a sort of "terminal magic cancer" so he can study black magic and the party freaks out about it.
    2. MC makes a deal with a devil and later his party discovered his corrupted soul and goes on a quest to purify him even though he's fine.
    3. MC kidnaps himself (and apparently this happens multiple times? Please tell me I'm not insane in finding this hilarious.).
    4. MC can't beat an enemy general in a war, so he summons a bunch of undead and pretends that the enemy did it so everyone has to band together to defeat him (this one is probably near the end of the novel and I'm guessing where the translations aren't yet, so I doubt anyone will remember this bit, which is completely fine)!

Finding literally any one of these will make my day. Please help a girl out in her quest for some lighthearted stupidity.

2. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure 2 is talking about the end of chapter 349.

3. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure 4 is before the halfway point of even just the translated chapters.

But I think without the context most of the humor will be lost if you just skip through. There are a lot of little things along the way that you'll also enjoy. I think you might also like this one since it's pretty much only the kind of thing you're asking for: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/god-bought-my-bad-character-and-gave-me-a-blessing/

4. animefan4004

animefan4004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. MC fakes having a sort of "terminal magic cancer" so he can study black magic and the party freaks out about it.

2. MC makes a deal with a devil and later his party discovered his corrupted soul and goes on a quest to purify him even though he's fine.
    Both start in Chapter 338 but they are a gradual process that happens over a couple of chapters

3. MC kidnaps himself (and apparently this happens multiple times? Please tell me I'm not insane in finding this hilarious.).
    Chapter 496

4. MC can't beat an enemy general in a war, so he summons a bunch of undead and pretends that the enemy did it so everyone has to band together to defeat him (this one is probably near the end of the novel and I'm guessing where the translations aren't yet, so I doubt anyone will remember this bit, which is completely fine)!
    Chapter 414

5. heartstampexpress

heartstampexpress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a bunch! I'm trying to go a little slower but some of the parts just seem to drag on a whole lot.

Ah!!!! Thanks so much!! I'll be checking it all out tonight, a thousand good wishes!!

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a lot of slow parts that you'll have to read through, however, there's usually a pretty good arc after them (especially the one where he gets kidnapped)