Discussion Which mental ability?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cosmic_, Jul 22, 2018.

?

Which would you want to have the most? (Top 3)

1. Accelerated Thought

2. Parallel Thinking

3. Advanced Comprehension

4. Superior Memory

5. Connected Mind

6. Self-Emotion Manipulation

7. Thought Visualization/Audiolization

8. Rapid Calculation

9. Alter-Ego Creation

10. Exceptional Social Awareness

11. Sleep Minimalization

12. Dream Mastery

13. Mind Zenith

14. Other (post below if you have an idea)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Which of these mental abilities would you have?
    Doesn't have to be strongest, just which would you want to have.

Please try to think of the powers at a level where they aren't broken. For example, base your judgement/standards of Accelerated Thought on some non-OP speed like 4 times and not 200 times faster.

Based the powers at just at the nearly level of inhuman or sorta superhuman or pretty much super genius, nothing higher than that.

I would still however love to see how they powers can be abused, become op, creatively used and what they would be like if they were to become godly instead of just inhuman.

Faster thinking and reaction speed.
    Multi-tasking and simultaneous thinking/focus.
    Faster learning and better understanding things.
    Be able to recall and remember nearly anything.
    Be able to have genius creativity and connect many ideas together.
    Incredible manipulation, alteration, switching, and control of your own emotion and mood.
    Become able to clearly hear, see, and manifest your thoughts and ideas in your head as if your mind was a canvas/document/instrument/file/etc.
    Capable of calculating at incredible speeds.
    Able to create, control, and switch alter egos that have different personalities.
    Super high EQ and able to greatly sense intent, lying, and emotional state of others.
    Able to nearly completely eliminate sleep and still get all the benefits.
    Can have/activate long, constant, and clear lucid dreams with perfect control.
    Always be at peak mental state/health/vigor/focus.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    bbctheory84 likes this.
  2. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Advanced Comprehension, so i can actually learn Chinese/Japanese/Koreans quickly :blobneutral:

bbctheory84, Seraphic, Cite and 2 others like this.
  3. Amadeusgrim

Amadeusgrim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alter ego imo is the best one. Alter ego can be as smart as fuck with all other abilities

Cosmic_ likes this.
  4. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    the ability to make people see tentacles in the corner of their eyes and even feel it when they close their eyes but never to ever see them or touch them back desu

kenar and Cosmic_ like this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Advanced Comprehension seems broken.

6. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt a lot of these powers could have hidden pluses such as Mind Zenith which would allow you to not get hangovers, maintain judgement when drinking, or still be at peak mind for an exam despite a lack of sleep(tho physical fatigue still exist). Self-Emotion Manipulation also would allow fear immunity to a degree as well as it'd be great for a sloth since it can drive up their motivation. Alter Ego Creation is also good since although it lacks some of the benefits of Self-Emotion Manipulation, it can change personality which emotion changing can't, which could allow making an alter ego that's confident, funny, motivated, and passionate at things that I am not.

7. KazuXSora

KazuXSora Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course superior memory.Then i would surpassed and become the next Einstein.

8. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. You'd be that guy in school that just get's it, but never needs to study, sure. It could allow you to become a master of many since it's not limited to any field, but that'd take time and it'd technically only makes you learn better. You'd still lack in creativity, memorization, etc. Plus you'd need the motivation, passion, time, and resources to invest in learning. Sure, you have the potential to reach the peak of whatever talent you have, but it doesn't give you all the talent. You could just turn into a jack of all, master of few.
    Einstein had more going for him then memory tho. He had the comprehension, creativity, knowledge(which superior memory can get you with time), and most importantly the brain that could connect and realize different ideas together. You'd need Advance Comprehension, Connected Mind, and Superior Memory. Unless you are already smart, have the education, and only need the genius brain of Connected Mind.

9. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever watch limitless? its like all the above

Cosmic_ likes this.
  10. Soneka

Soneka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Superior Memory would only be great if I was born with it, if that's not the case then I would prefer Advanced Comprehension.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  11. 4628Gin3

4628Gin3 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, sleep minimalization is by far the worst power ever. You should change that to sleep maximization, or better yet, hibernation.

otaku31 and Cosmic_ like this.
  12. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    If I take parallel thinking, I don't want it to come with multiple personality.

13. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like it got cancelled. I'll still check it out tho.

14. Zaye

Zaye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Parallel thinking, so I can binge read my backlog and clear em up

Cosmic_ likes this.
  15. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Advanced comprehension
    Parallel thinking
    Superior memory

Adv comp to learn many things quickly, and think up new ways to apply said knowledge.
    Parallel thinking to do both above activities simultaneously
    Superior memory to retain and orgnize said information and new possibilities while discarding useless or unuseable

bbctheory84 and Cosmic_ like this.
  16. silversn0w

silversn0w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would want alter ego creation
    Mostly so that I can be brave when needed and motivated sometimes whitout giving up being a potato sometimes
    Because life is easier if you know how to say no and such
    I dont feel that thi is the most useful skill but i want this one ^^

Cosmic_ likes this.
  17. Cosmic_

Reading List:
    Link
    You wouldn't get multiple personalities tho as it's not like different egos working. It's more like just being able to do multiple mental tasks at once. So it'd be like in the background working. Not like an office in your head with chibi little people working and interacting.
    Here's my planned details.
    This ability is usually in novels a part of the skill: Accelerated Parallel Thought. The must have ability for multi-tasking. You essentially are able to think, process, and focus on multiple things at once.

Note/Suggestion: You might have a maximum of thinking/focusing on 4~6 things at a time. A bit more difficult to explain than Accelerated Thought. This ability is different from just thinking multiple things due to how there is no decrease of efficiency/ability when dividing focus. Humans can't really parallel think to these degrees as some thoughts overlap. You might pat your head and rub your belly, but not draw a counterclockwise circle with your toe and a 6 with your finger.

You can also be paying perfectly attention to 3 different voice chat conversations, listen to one Youtube research lecture in the background, and play fortnight on your computer, all at the same time. Different from Accelerated Thought as it's time saving through multitasking. It also allows multi focuses on one task like a translator could have one consciousness/mind/awareness focus/thinking on rereading, editing(better wording), one on proofreading error, and one on checking translation accuracy, and it'd all be done with peak devotion to assigned role.

You could draw a picture with your left hand, type an original story on your phone with your right hand, read a novel on the computer in front of you, while playing the piano with your feet.

Note that you're only doing as good as if you were doing each one by themselves so your piano/drawing would still suck just as much when not multitasking. Also note that you only have one pair of eyes so if you need to look at the keyboard/piano keys/paper to do things, multi-tasking will be as if you were typing/drawing/playing blind or by "feel" since you're reading the computer. You'd still be limited by your body.

18. Soneka

Soneka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Mind Zenith is the worst. Myself at peak state is still mediocre AF :blobsweat_2:

bbctheory84, 4628Gin3 and Cosmic_ like this.
  19. Wyrede

Wyrede Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    superior memory usually comes with the problem of remembering exact details you don't want to remember tho

minimal sleep is nice for ppl who feels like only having 2/3rd of their life to do something is not enough

Cosmic_ likes this.
  20. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so I'll want Memory Thief, Mental Mimicry (Limited to coping 1 power for a short time), Psychometry.