Discussion which novel fight scene is best?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by krish1148, Feb 23, 2018.

1. krish1148

krish1148 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    which fight scene in the novel you read is the best?. fight scene which made so immersed in reading the novel.
    mine is weed fight the dragon,balkhan,necromancers with orc and three way battle.
    ze tian ji sword fight with nanke,rescuing su li.
    meng hao "this is a cultivator"
    most of baixiaochun fight

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Brandon Sanderson's Word of Radiance, Kaladin versus the Assassin in White.

A match in the skies with a transforming shardblade and an honorblade~~

Actually, I guess you can add all Kaladin fight scenes. Way of Kings' Kaladin using stormlight to assault an entire Parshendi brigade, a slaughter fest. Kaladin versus the shardbearer during the flashback in Amaram's army. Kaladin and Adolin take on three fully-equipped shardbearers and win. Kaladin tries to save the king and almost dies before saying the oaths and becoming badass again.

Basically, Kaladin is an all-round badass when he stops brooding and starts fighting.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    AMissingLinguist, mrt90 and Freezy like this.
  3. yotae

yotae Drunkard Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Perfect World, shi hao vs shi yi

Sythellri likes this.
  4. Elawn

Elawn 『Binge Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    Roan from I am the Monarch, the battle where he becomes known as the Crimson Ghost

5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most fight scenes involve me throwing popcorn at the screen while I nitpick over unrealistic bullshit like people yelling out the names of "special attacks".. especially doing so when the name is relatively long and they're supposedly using the "special attack" in a fraction of a second. It gets better when they also insert witty lines of dialogue in that same fraction of a second, because why not!

95% of statistics might be made up on the spot, but I dare to guarantee that 96% (one higher!) of authors have absolutely zero grasp of timing and, well, common sense. Even when the idiots aren't chattering away in half-seconds, the author is either trying to convince me it takes a full ten minutes for them to hit each other three times (in a single close combat exchange) or that when the protagonist fights anyone in the middle of a chaotic battlefield, not only is said fight going to be the flashiest and most awe-inspiring - literally - fight there, but everyone else is going to pretty much pause fighting constantly to glance over.

6. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan, I liked most fight scenes.

7. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    First chapters of any novels, after that I just imagine random fireballs and lasers flying around.

8. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Try to read Kazuma Kamachi fight scenes in Any of his works. Brain + Brawn, Hype + Headache. Hardly any fighting scene in any other novel I found can come close to that

9. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Any fight between Drizzt Du'Urden and Artemis Enteri. Or when they fight together.

10. Agecaf

Agecaf Grand Archmathemagician

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like the fight scenes in Worm. They're usually team battles between different groups of superheroes, so the interactions between different powers is always interesting. Also the fact that there's so many different types of battle; e.g. invading and defending a base, escaping from the enemies before their reinforcements arrive, stalling for time for reinforcement to arrive, minimizing damages, etc.

Slayerwolfx2 and erikvio like this.
  11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything that involves massive pain, torture and death to the opponents, especially if they are asshats, is a major plus to me. I hate those authors who build up the asshole enemy to be someone strong and formidable, then have MC and co. offing him like nothing. WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT? THE MB? THE GURO? While these scenes showcase MC as retardedly strong, it is plain retarded to me, like how Edward got offed by Boxxy in ELLC like a typical xianxia villain...

12. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't even remember the names of people...but jiang ye had amazing action. Same goes to this one fight in chaotic sword good. The strategic battles... Grandmaster Strategist

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  13. dio

dio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the new world on gt, most of the fight

14. telobakar

telobakar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what i like is grand scale battle of armies
    but if i had to choose individual battle i would choose shirou emiya/archer battle in various fanfiction cuz the original flying sword is too cool in fanfiction not like in original work where the UBW part is nerfed because balancing system

15. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Recent world of cultivation chapters. The one where zuo mo was finally OP against an army of 300k.

16. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Battle Frenzy every battle scene i enjoy there all of them my fav <3

17. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How to avoid death on a daily basis. Colin doesn't give a fuck about honor,other people's objectives or even getting rid of an enemy. All he wants is to run away from all that.

Zuo Mo vs Clear Sky Forefather.

Joseph Joestar every fight.

Meng Hao's ruined wedding and when he crushed the invaders from the North.

Sheyan from TUE. The battle descriptions just crack me up.

18. Yabu

Yabu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnator
    especially when Hansoo started massacring the higher races, it really gave me the goosebump there

Rakuin no Monshou
    when Orba is defending the apta fortress againts the talian and he straight up blow the fortress to capture the enemy commander

Greater thunder likes this.
  19. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My favorite is the fight between Xiaolongnu and the Mongol mercenaries in the Quanzhen temple in ROCH. There are so many great things about this fight: the mentality of the participants, how the fight is built up, where all of the weapons come from, how Xiaolongnu puts together all of the things that she's learned, how the sides adapt to what their opponent is doing, and the sheer visual impact of it all. This is literally my favorite fight of anything I've ever read, and it's almost certainly the best fight from one of the greatest writers.

The only problem is that, no matter how often this book has been adapted to TV, this fight has never been portrayed very well.

20. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Rakuin no Monshou