Discussion Which novel is QI going to poach next?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by GodBrandy, Apr 1, 2018.

?

Which novel is QI going to poach next?

1. A Record of a Mortal’s Journey to Immortality

20 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. A Will Eternal

33 vote(s)
    38.4%
  3. Gate of Revelation

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Legend of the Dragon King

10 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Perfect World

11 vote(s)
    12.8%
  6. Renegade Immortal

17 vote(s)
    19.8%
  7. Sovereign of the Three Realms

17 vote(s)
    19.8%
  8. Terror Infinity

9 vote(s)
    10.5%
  9. The Great Ruler

15 vote(s)
    17.4%
  10. The Unrivaled Tang Sect

24 vote(s)
    27.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masuri

Masuri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped AWE and TGR some time so.. For me it doesn't really matter.. and even if I would've read a novel from the novel I'd keep it to WW since I don't like moving in-between.

2. GodBrandy

GodBrandy ❮Evil Shitposter❯

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is, you don't know what the contract between WW and the TLs is. All that was posted was a sample and there is no telling if there are other binding rules. The fact is, WW's translators know that QI can host novels once they're completed. How is that possible if they retain the rights? They should have given permission for the work to be hosted somewhere or permission to WW to use their work.
    I think you have some problem as well if you start insulting people out of the blue like you just did. If people can't control themselves it's their problem, not sure what's the point in telling me. Also, are you a moderator here? It's not up to you to tell me what I can or can't do. If you don't like the thread, you're free to leave.

3. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen at least one other person say that QI can host once the novel is finished, but I've yet to see a source for that. Can you provide a link to a WW translator or staff member confirming that this is the case?

Since he is a moderator, he's one of the few people here who actually can tell you what to do on this forum.

4. GodBrandy

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch from 12:40

Except he's not a moderator and they would have closed the thread instead of throwing a tantrum like that guy.

5. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Only DB said that he give permission to QI to host ISSTH, no other TL from WW daid it. You interpret DB "we" as "WW Translator" while it can mean DB family, ISSTH translation crew, DB and his trusted computer, etc.

CK Talon are able to bring IRAS to QI without problem even when QI and WW relation become sour. This is another "proof" of WW don't own the translation.

There is a link that show contract between TL and WW. Until there is TL from WW said that the contract is false/different then I'll use that as basis of my conclusion. When the debate between QI and WW is a hot topic, several TL from WW are following what happen in NUF and none of them deny the contract that RWX post.

WW already give the proof, if you don't trust WW proof, feel free to prove it wrong.

You work for QI, you can try ask CK about his contract. This is another slam dunk case for QI to destroy WW as long as they have the proof.

Edit:

From you video 11:40 DB said
    "According to the deal between WW and QI, RWX make sure that the translator own the ownership of the translation"

Edit 2:

Even if you right, it only give QI the right to host completed translation. Do AWE completed? How about HJC? Or WDQK? Or other title that QI Stole?

6. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol

7. Chupchup

Chupchup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's likely that QI is playing on the word "completed". Perhaps the contract does not call out that the Novel translation has to be completed but rather the "translations" are completed (Yes speculation on my part). So saying the right to host completed translations would open up a lawyer to say once you post/publish a translated chapter that can be considered a "completed" translations in this case a chapter.

Granted I don't agree with what their doing but it's obvious they're treating WW as a competing platform.

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    My money is on a TJSS novel so Douluo Dalu, it will be completed in 30 chapters anyway :blobpopcorn_cool:

9. OfficerV2.0

OfficerV2.0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this thread was an interesting read.... or atleast the last few pages that I read

10. YWL

YWL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Big Granddaddy Yang mocked my translator! Granddaddy Yang lied! He's bad, bad, bad!

No, great great granddaughter, your translator pointed out on his website that he is a MTLer.
    http://endlessfantasytranslations.com/about/
    https://endlessfantasytranslations.wordpress.com/2016/10/07/hello-and-welcome/

Now now, great great great great granddaughter, your translator was the one that pointed out their work is only 3/5 scale in terms of accuracy.
    https://www.webnovel.com/book/6831835502000105

Chivas, Wei and Sharudeis like this.
  11. ungas1232004

ungas1232004 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If that's the case, I just hope Bagelson doesnt drop his translations.

12. GodBrandy

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you even read? Where did I say that you've lied? Anyway, you're misinformed about a few things. That 'Gamer' guy isn't part of QI as far as I know, and the message is from almost 2 years ago. There are currently more than 20 translators in that group given the number of novels they translate, how can you lump them up together because one of them said that he was MTLing? (years ago). It's like saying everyone in WW is a MTLer because RainbowTurtle was MTLing 10 years ago. You should stop applying MGA's logic to reality. :sushi_sigh:
    It's not only him, every translator in WW knows that QI can use their translations, at least when completed. I don't really feel like posting private conversations here but hit me up if you want proofs.
    There was no contract when CK and the others left, and their novels weren't even part of the deal. So it's normal if they were able to leave. Even then, WW didn't remove those translations from their site even though they were asked to do so. They were removed only with the new update, months after they moved to QI.
    Also, no reason for WW's TLs to intervene, it's in their best interest if the hate for QI keeps going strong, that's the main reason they were so triggered after seeing this thread *shrug*

QI doesn't care about 'repairing' their reputation. Even if they were to delete those novels and apologize people won't forgive them. And yeah, the number of haters is small and not worth the effort. Therefore, they have no reason to lift the NDA; they gain nothing from it.

lonelytree likes this.
  13. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Once again, even if you are right the deal is once the novel completely translated, what QI did with HJC, AWE and others title still break the law.

I don't know if @CKtalon_TMW don't have contract with WW before, so I'll take your word on it.

I'm not saying WW don't have the possibility to break the law, but it seems that you are so gung ho saying only WW break the law.

QI have a lot to gain if WW actually lie to them about owing and selling the right to translation. Just that fact is enough for people to shift their opinion about WW.

How many NUF member stop reading on QI and GT once they feel those entity lie to them (or worse, move to aggregator)? Same thing will happen to WW and maybe worse. The higher they fly the harder they fall.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  14. millman97

millman97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At what point do you count a translation as completed though? Do they count a complete chapter as a complete translation or only the complete novel? I've only ever seen reference to 'completely translated', so most likely, one side has misunderstood the contract or purposely mislead its TLers about this. Without seeing the contract yourself, it's ridiculous to claim that one side is breaking the law.
    QI has a team of lawyers working for them; it's highly unlikely that they'd outright break the law.
    'A lot to gain' is relative. It's probably a drop in the ocean for them.
    Probably not as many as you'd think. Only a small minority of the community actually care enough about stuff like this to not read their novels or to move to a less convenient site.

Raizhee likes this.
  15. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    ^ pretty much sums it up. Idc where I read it , be it on WW or on QI . ( I do read novels that were first tled on WW only on WW but a big chunk of my novels that I still read are all on QI ) by the end of the day I'm here to read novels and even as a leech to somehow help by not using adblock for ads while reading ( I use it in rest )

QI_Meh and millman97 like this.
  16. tomanonimos

tomanonimos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if I'm in the minority or not but I can easily drop the entire novel hobby for something else if the whole genre goes to shit if QI has its way.

Sharudeis likes this.
  17. YWL

YWL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BIG GRANDDADDY YANG LIED AGAIN!!!!

No, great great great great great great great ^12 granddaughter, it seemed that your knowledge is lacking.

https://forum.webnovel.com/d/362-birth-of-a-family-endlessfantasy-translations

Your own readers said the translations are horrendous.

https://www.webnovel.com/book/8705567905001505/Titan-Beneath-the-Heavens
    Excerpt from the first chapter:

You'd need to hire some better editors, son.

Chivas likes this.
  18. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know, brandy is the one that bring this up, I just point it to him that even based on his understanding, QI still at fault here

QI also have a PR group and see what they did here. When WW got DMCA'd they ask for several of official letter and no reply (according to WW and QI did not dispute this)

QI is still growing, they should aim to get as much reader as possible and I'm not only talking about reader here but recover their reputation and destroy their competitor name and maybe stop the aggregator post on reddit.

right now maybe yes, but when the thing was hot it different

19. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't really have a PR person much less a group, if they do, we wouldn't be here. lol

Shield Loyalist and GodBrandy like this.
  20. QI_Meh

QI_Meh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.