Recommendations Which one to read first

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Cien, Nov 23, 2015.

?

Which one is better to read first

Poll closed Dec 23, 2015.
  1. Death March (WN)

40.0%
  2. Only Sense Online

16.0%
  3. Skyfire Avenue

44.0%
  1. Cien

Cien 『Omnivore Reader』Inactive

Reading List:
    Link
  2. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    they are all good stories that said skyfire...

3. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    OSO was fun for the time I read it, but it didn't catch enough of my attention to follow its updates. Skyfire ftw.

4. Gadget

Gadget Demi-god of magic and science

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest OSO because I like crafters mcs (though I wish this one would be more active in hunting monsters and doing quests). I didn't choose Death March because 1-Japanese mc (sight...) 2-I hate the excuse used to make him op. I don't now the last one.

5. tocos10

Reading List:
    Link
    looks pretty decisive ...
    do read the other ones though as they are also good

6. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Skyfire or OSO

7. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read OSO so can't say anything about it. I would say Death March. Not saying it's the best (it's fairly average I think), but I did drop Skyfire. I think if you like something a bit slower I guess and some more sol elements then skyfire would probably be the best choice. It also depends on how much you read, Death March has a lot translated (although OSO does too).

9. tocos10

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    it depends on what you prefer. i have not read OSO but personally i liked Skyfire Avenue more than i did Death March. Death March is a bit more light hearted except for a few chapters, it is kinda like your typical teleported to another world story but the MC is fairly mature and isnt really affected too much by his harem. it feles more like he is their older brother or father. plot wise it seems that it could be failry complicated but i have not read past volume 5, 6 or 7. Cant remember which one it was.

The plot of Skyfire Avenue is more serious comparatively and the MC is pretty cool and refined. A mercenary king/gentleman. You could probably get a few feels when reading it and probably admire his devotion to his love when he is surrounded by such high quality beauties. Not to mention he is pretty decisive and powerful. it seems that many people are either in awe of him or dont want to mess with him. The characters have depth but the thing i found tedious was the unneeded details about wine and food, though it did make the story seem a bit unique. I found those details entertaining but otherwise i could have lived without them. Though i do admit that there were some information regarding other matters that was needed. I stopped around chapter 90, though i will continue reading later, but i can say this is a good story and if you prefer a cool MC with a decent plot and characters, this one is a great choice.

if you want something more light-hearted then read Death March first. For OSO refer to someone else, i cant help there. Sorry

Gadget likes this.
  11. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    true but it is a lot better than some xianxia i know. decent plot, awesome MC who gets things done and a master troll of a goddaughter that can maybe beat even Troll che and Yue Yang.

tocos10 likes this.
  12. Winged Basilisk

Winged Basilisk [Lord of Lurkers]

Reading List:
    Link
    I picked up OSO, read description, look at the novel illustrations, and read the first chapter. That was it, some things you just know you won't like it.

As for death match, characters for me make the story and I didn't like MC plus the way skills are gained is really overloaded plus he grows op fast. Can't really say much since I put it on hold.

Skyfire is really cool with the strength system tho the guy is pretty close to being as powerful as he can but I did wish if they delved in that more. It's more about characters interactions and moving the plot slowly. I like it a lot since it's a change of pace from other xianxia.

13. lekhoa88

lekhoa88 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same opinion with people above. TL;DR - Skyfire

Didn't pick up OSO because of the description. Also, people on some other threads mention that they to drop this series later on because plot is getting bad.

Death March .... Read up to volume 9 and dropped it. Characters development was good early on, and that's why I got hook on the first few volumes. The plot has been repetitive afterward. Also, I don't like MC's personality.

Skyfire - MC's personality is nice. Lots of 'side activities', and interactions between characters that keep the story fresh. I generally skim through the battle scenes here though.

14. kraken296

kraken296 The Greatest kraken warrior

Reading List:
    Link
    Skyfire is good but very slow you might want to stop reading after first few chapters if you have no patience
    Death March is good light read but do not expect a grand story from it.
    have not read oso yet

15. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read skyfire however the other its a toss-up. Death March WN has such short chpt that it shouldn't take long to get to current and OSO only has 7 vol so its slightly longer than Death March. but are good so take coin and flip it to see which to read first