Question Who are these people and why do they ruin every translation?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ctho, Apr 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ctho

Ctho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    They pounce on semi popular translation, pump out a bunch of trash low effort translations that don't make any sense.

Half the errors could be solved if they looked over it and read what they translated but they repeatedly ruin Manhwas and other stuff.

Sai101 likes this.
  2. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ....that's the logo of -boop-, the site for raw korean chapters of some translations (as far as I know). I don't get why you call them "ruining the manhwas" since it's just an aggregator site and they rip the chapters from kakaopage and sorts which normally you should pay to read the chapters. And not every scanlation gets their raw from -boop- though...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2021
  3. Fishyla

Fishyla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol that’s the watermark of the pirated raw site -boop-. Basically those ppl are using -boop- raws instead of high-quality ones :blobpopcorn_cool: errors can’t be helped since most are quick mtl on instagram anyways

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2021
  4. DustySpiral

DustySpiral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Series snipers like s2manga that do the translation sniping of popular series with their barely legible MTL garbage use raws from the site with that watermark. The watermark itself is not affiliated with them, which is why there are a few series with decent/good translations with the same watermark. The snipers seem to mostly pounce on popular series with large backlogs that haven't been translated yet, rushing ahead of the good translation. I believe it is in hopes of the ad revenue?

It'd certainly be better if they would all vanish, but that's easier said than done. Support the original translators, I suppose. And the actual creators of the series, for that matter. If the aggregator sites would filter out the likes of s2manga that would also help help... it'd be better for them as well as the deluge of bad translations can kill the following of a previously popular series (or at least drive people to a site with the better translations).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.