Discussion Who here wants to help me make a Manga Marathon?

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Arbelbyss, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well considering a manga marathon... I guess we all can be the judge of what we like and dislike as well as others, this is a place harmony as well as discord but I want it to be as harmonious as possible. What I want is to compile a list of good manga that don't go over the top yet gives you a good feeling in your heart or gives you a feeling of despair in the author's passing ;_; Basically a list of manga that can be of any generation, able to ease one into it and enjoy the ride without any bumps. A list of manga that can be considered completed either through being unfinished in that it would never be worked on again or has finished. A list of manga that doesn't alienate the reader... so I guess that's something hard to judge, no? (I guess I like a lot of dark stuff, not the perverted way and not over the overly gory way, just set into world that has darkness in it.) No doujinshi and no erotica... I guess, well maybe if all of us agree to it. (No doujinshi whatsoever, but maybe erotica if it has a manga form and can be considered... good. Who here has read Velvet Kiss to its end? Only me? Meh. I don't know if it was good or not. I say it was good in that the protagonist beat that manipulative bitch in the end.) If someone hasn't read a brought up manga, then I guess we need everyone who joins this thread to read the manga one suggests to view their tastes in it. I guess this place could be a place of discussion, persuasion, and debate. No insults please, no condescending attitudes, and no manipulations. (This is as much a limitation for me and for others.) As well don't bring up a manga that isn't finished, that's just basically putting yourself from on the frying pot and into the fire.

I need you to link the manga you like. I don't want to go on a scavenger hunt. I mean I can find it, but the work would be easier if all of us just saw the link the thread clicked, came across the manga and started reading it. I think I'm making a reading club.:blobsweat::blobsweat_2:

More Manga will be added... it just comes up to you do it.
    Until Death Do Us Part

~Arbelbyss Note
    (Yes, I use Mangatown, don't judge)
    (Honestly, considering how I bet most of you will probably post common manga, we'll do those last... er well never.... maybe in a couple years time. The manga most well known should be talked about after finding the hidden gems that others have found and want to share through the enjoyable experience they have. No Naruto, No Bleach, No... current ones as how does one appreciate the hidden gems if they remain undisclosed, no? The hard to come by manga is a pleasant treat that all of us meager readers seek to devour, I guess I'm making a feeding ground)
    (I swear this is going to be hard as balls to construct, considering everyone's tastes and how they can conflict. I can't really make a list if someone among us didn't like it... so we may need to explain our likes and dislikes about it)
    (I'm still writing... what else am I gonna write about? I guess I'm the final gate for you guys to make that one manga you consider good to be good, for I will read it... maybe... definitely... when I have the time.)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Zeraphin likes this.
  2. Zerak

Zerak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Summarise what you wrote please.

StaticHD, pr337k4m4197 and craz like this.
  3. Noche

Noche New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the ending of Velvet Kiss. How about Sket Dance?

Fierbras and Zeraphin like this.
  4. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Gintama. Yup, Gintama.

5. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Until death is awesome manga, especially the crossover parts
    If you want marathon i suggest tsubasa reservoir chronicle and xxx holic both by clamp. Both manga were connected each other and great. Iirc tsubasa have 20s volume and xxx 18/19.
    Another one is bakuman. 20 vol and dense story with sense of reality

Arbelbyss likes this.
  6. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    Until Death Do Us Part. I consider it good as well as how it has two other franchises that crossover into it. Jesus and Yami No Aegis go into it. I had to put something I liked into the list at least. How else would it be considered? I mean someone else could have talked about it. But I wanted to, so I will. The tale of Mamoru and Haruka is a coincidental one more across as prophetic though. A blind samurai guy basically against the world with the help of glasses that make him see and a sword that can cut through anything due to monomolecular film. A girl that some organization is after because she can predict the future. Now that is interesting no? I mean just reading it would be better. But let's see if someone here were to deny it that its good? I guess I'm just bringing up the synopsis, I don't want to spoil a person's read until they reach and read the manga.

7. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ushio and tora and authors other works. gash bell.Jitsu wa Watashi wa
    .....let me look at my list and add more later

8. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to read Gintama... For some reason I dislike how it references everything else... Maybe I will read it eventually... but just not now.

9. ManFries

ManFries The only fries you'll ever need

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read velvet kiss before .. its not bad ~ ?

10. Vanagandr

Vanagandr [ Outer God ] [ Sleeping ]

Reading List:
    Link
    didint read lol
    :blobrofl: :blobrofl: :blobrofl: :blobrofl: :blobrofl:
    how about one punch man and one piece

11. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    You sir, seem to have brought something interesting, I'll look into it.

12. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the full comment. Maybe if you've read it we wouldn't be talking about these two topics that I don't want to look at. One Piece will never end and One-Punch Man? One's Web Toon? Or the stylized version? Also it's fairly recent due to the anime.

13. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    Zatch Bell? And Jitsu wa Watashi... that's on my plan to read list... I haven't read it.

14. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ragtonia, toraneko folklore, parasyte,
    Shiinake no Hitobito, socks goblin,

15. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    biscuit hammer and ib instant bullet

16. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    I would absolutely agree to Parasyte due to the anime. I should definitely read the manga. I'll be back, I'm gonna take a respite just to read it.

Vanagandr likes this.
  17. Allchemic

Allchemic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pandora Hearts? Honestly, the ending could have been better... But whatever.

Until Death do Us Part is really good? I was thinking about reading it, but well, procrastination didn't permit.

18. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    my balls by Shigemitsu Harada

DiPz likes this.
  19. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll post this comment here. Kiseijuu (Parasyte)

20. Vanagandr

Vanagandr [ Outer God ] [ Sleeping ]

Reading List:
    Link
    imma watch this thread to get some fine manga
    :blobninja: :blobninja: :blobninja: :blobninja:

b1w2c3 likes this.