Who would you bring in a fantasy world

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JackStone, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Shinyhero

Shinyhero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna bring the "Mountain" from game of thrones for physical labour, a wilderness survival expert, a doctor, architect, and lastly, Katerina Hartlova.

2. Dacendaren

Dacendaren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm people keep mentioning tesla without mentioning people who created all the parts for him but that is kinda stupid, assuming its medieval age you wouldn't be able to create half the stuff he would need to generate electricity.

But my picks would be:
    1. a great surgeon preferably one with military training (military triage etc)
    2. a scientist who has knowledge of old plagues diseases as well as how to combat them (so can help with making things like antibiotics, antiseptic, penicillin as well as just general ways to combat all those plagues and such)
    3. an engineer (build your castles, siege weapons, boats etc)
    4. a current general who knows military history and strategy as well as special forces training
    5. a blacksmith who knows about refining metals and alloys (especially if the medieval period is in the iron age)

and i would like all of them to be at least average at teaching others

and i know they seem very specific but im sure that someone who is alive today or who has died would fit those categories and then you get these people and use them to train more and then take over the world

3. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    my phone
    my wifi
    my bed
    my neverending stash of food
    some God of the underworld or something.
    let's hope that guy is considered as dead

Mantrazz likes this.
  4. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    They can make anything edible, anything.

Will choosing myself 5 times works?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  5. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    Will choosing myself 5 times works

6. Darkanlan

Darkanlan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd go with a person who is an expert in agriculture, both knowledge wise and physical ability to do the work.

A person who can hunt, trap and tame animals. They also need to be good at finding sources of water and food in the wild.

One that can build from houses to furniture to whatever else I can come up with so long as it's not made of metal. Also be good if they know how to design / plan out things so they can help make molds for casting. Maybe also let them setup city plans based on models they make while creating different molds.

One that knows herbs and other useful things that can be found in nature of medicinal properties so they can make medicine, also be good if they know how to perform medical procedures with the stuff they make.

Finally a person who knows about mining / smithing, so they can make all the metal bits that the other guy isn't any good at while also helping to extract the rich minerals in the surroundings.

As long as I have people skilled in those things, I'm pretty much good to survive. Maybe even set up my own territory so my future generations have a nicely built up little nest to ride out the storms of the world.

7. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Moongod

Moongod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, i shall then be reincarnated in that world as a baby(royalty:blobowoevil_horns:) and grow up as a member of the society there and be fully integrated and rule over all of you :blobReach:

9. Deleted member 37987

Deleted member 37987 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Just imagine the kingdom you could create with completely loyal Goebbels for propaganda, Stalin for administration, Mussolini to govern, Napoleon for conquests and Manstein as the strategist.

And why the hell do people keep mentioning Archimedes?

10. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    Because just like DaVinci, Archimedes was a brilliant engineer, and mathematician among many other things. Sit both of them down to pick your brain about modern tech in room well supplied with food, drink, and drafting materials and inside a month you will be well on your way to a technical revolution.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  11. Deleted member 37987

Reading List:
    Link
    As much of a genius he was he has no knowledge of anything past his era and we all know what antiquity was like, so I can't really see him as being much help. Sure he can bring a lot of progress if you're brought into an obscurantist world but is he the most suitable scientist? I doubt it.

12. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, I highly doubt bringing in modern day researcher or scientists would accomplish much. Sure they would know a lot about particle physics, string theory, ect, ect. But what good does it do you. None of the tech their fields of study rely upon exist. Hell even modern day engineers rely heavily upon modern equipment. So I chose one ancient Greek engineer/inventor/mathematician. He was also an individual who made many mathematical breakthroughs and inventions. But most of all he has experience dealing with the creation and use of man powered tools. The same goes for DaVinci, though he goes more in depth with human physiology, art and music. Both of these men flourished in an age where bulldozers and computer chips didnt exist. They would also be in a good position to take advantage of the newly available magical community. Something that would take modern engineers much longer to accomplish.

13. Deleted member 37987

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have chosen someone from the period of the first uses of electricity and steam machines instead, or since you can choose five guys, take a third one from a bit of an earlier era so you can reproduce whatever else they might need on the way.

But still, the greatest way to improve technology is a large enough population anyway, with good living conditions to start research.

14. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    Youre trying to run without learning to crawl or walk first. While grabbing Tesla, Einstein or Edison would have sped development of advanced uses of electricity, radios, and advanced sciences at a faster pace, I doubt they could have compensated with the lack of infrastructure the industrial revolution brought. They would be waiting around for years before they could either adapt their knowledge to magical means, or to build the infrastructure needed to start working in ernest.

Archimedes and DaVinci otoh, can build that infrastructure, then take what I know of the above three research to build our own versions of the tech. Sure it may not be the exact same and I might have missed a few things, but the whole time I was searching for anime, light novels and manga, or playing games, the discovery channel was playing documentaries of famous investors, engineers, and scientists. Not to mention all the programs like "how its made" which breaks down how different products are produced and the machines that make it possible.

So while there are other choices, I feel the ones I took will give me the best chances for survival in a medieval world, and advancing it to if not modern standards, then atleast post industrial revolution.

15. Deleted member 37987

Reading List:
    Link
    You get five choices so they're worth taking imo.

16. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    I took two medieval inventors, two military leaders, and a woman that can literally be considered one of the best chefs of my generation... while the last one is arguably a pisspoor choice when space is limited, having a chef that is not only good looking, but also has business experience from running a restaurant can be invaluable as well.

17. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Katsono just go with geologist, metalurgist and chemist to get the best alloys possible then you can pick a mathematician because physics is just applied mathematics
    (also metalurgists have a good grasp of thermodynamics so they can be of help to recreate the first steam powered engines)
    and with steam power comes great changes, the magic part being only a plus.
    but i do agree that taking people from the earlier stages might be useful as they are more polyvalent but they need to at least be from the past two centuries or their knowledge would be way outdated (or you just take someone freshly out of prepa xD)

Deleted member 37987 likes this.
  18. Deleted member 79325

Deleted member 79325 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I would bring @Femme Fatale all those lollipops. I wouldn't go hungry but would have boundless energy to explore :blobhero:

Miserys_End and Femme Fatale like this.
  19. Bitter Sweet

Bitter Sweet 『Gomi Delivery Service』

Reading List:
    Link
    I would bring any five dead gods, if possible. And not necessarily from this world.

Deleted member 79325 likes this.
  20. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I bring dead "gods", since they can be classified as people, yes? (I hope so.)