Discussion WHY ARE MALE CHARACTERS IN FEMALE CENTERED STORIES SO BAD?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by AndyIvres, May 28, 2022.

1. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    I relate so much lololololol...
    I've read these types of stories a lot when I first started reading webnovels. I'd read them cause I thought that there'd be face slapping later. But it took me 5/6 1000+ chapter novels to figure out that the shit that was going on- THAT was the romance! And the reason ml was only horny towards fl and fl didn't mind his molesting was cuz they were DESTINED BY HEAVEN!!! I felt so betrayed back then X'DDD

moonlhgt likes this.
  2. teargrants

teargrants Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotcha, it's the typical "it's just what you're reading/what you must like" and "you have no understanding of it" argument.

How does this exactly change the fact that what I said is what is most prevalent in bl stories? If someone reads 100 stories in a genre and 70 of them have the same common themes and tropes, then ofc they're going to think that's the standard. If these issues were isolated events, then your reply would make sense. The math ain't mathin tho. Also, your last few sentences don't make sense since some bl fans also complain about the same things.

Let's be honest. BL fans, especially on this site love to put bl on a pedestal just because it's gay and can't handle the fact that the genre isn't as perfect as they make it out to be. And when someone calls out the hypocrisy, y'all immediately get defensive, gaslight and deflect. Y'all have this weird obsession with one-upping straight romance stories which is even more strange when you consider readers of straight romance never bring up bl to make straight stories sound better.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  3. absenior19

absenior19 Neutral Rational

Reading List:
    Link
    i think its hate, that they feel after reading ml novels
    where they are treated as stupid, garbage, and maybe not even human
    cuz i have never seen anyone seeing a person, and shouting i wanna give you a y**low monkey
    [ lol ye**ow was my addition to it ]

Jezus likes this.
  4. moonlhgt

moonlhgt ~Is in la la land~

Reading List:
    Link
    When I started reading stories like this a couple years ago, I was going through some anger management issues, needless to say my older phone was pretty scarred from me cursing at it xD

seemanta likes this.
  5. Jezus

Jezus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gotta ask author

6. All novels god

All novels god Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sure the person who wrote it must be a women who didn't have a good relation with man. Really they should be creating men's right instead of women right

7. Rinymn

Rinymn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading this kind of ML, it makes me wonder if we really do understand humans interaction. The author should explore more. Humans are unique with all kinds of personality traits so they should focus on more towards their characters development.

8. Mr gentleman

Mr gentleman Ok

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they are written by females and females can't write about good male characters. @otaku31 can testify.

otaku31 likes this.
  9. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the author sucks at writing and probably have poor imagination.