Why are mc's never raped?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Lyase, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kainord

Kainord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now i want to watch the Red Sonja movie.

2. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hakai Me no Yuuri. "Got raped" is kind of an understatement.

blackhawkrider likes this.
  3. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    In MGA the MC was drugged into a sex frenzy twice and attempted raped once

4. dragonmage124

dragonmage124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...well most "raped" MCs (or those raped by mc) in novels i read can never be considered true "rape" due to the reactions of both parties involved after a few chapters. so while it can be considered forced since the way the interacted later shows no real harm it is closer to "rape play" imo from most novels. (after all if a few chapters later they are all fine from the act then it would be closer to having gotten drunk woke up next to him/her with all the proof of the act easy to notice anguished over it (if they were saving themselves/already had someone) a bit then just interact normally or not at all and try to forget about it or get together and do it again eventually)

so i can not really say most of the stories with tags i like have anything to recommend since most have already been said.

the spoiler just contains my ranting on subject and what i would consider as 'true' not 'play' use of this plot device and well my own rants.
    "true rape" as i would prefer to call it will leave a real emotional scar and negative interaction with the rapist not just 'icy/murderous glares' from false fronts of strength but more humane reaction of attempting to kill them if they are stronger, shacking in terror, fleeing in fear, breaking down in tears,ect. if they already had regained the emotional strength to walk around and not hide in a room with dead eyes (even if the rapist was drugged or forced though some methods s/he still rapped him/her so the victim putting it behind them like it did not happen is just unrealistic) effecting the whole of the victims personality when interacting with that person (if they still alive) and members of the rapist sex (if it was by drug they would be more cautious of food and drink not tested for poison even if it was from there friends due to the scar) and depending on how such a situation happened it might even effect how they look at the people around them if they were betrayed by those close to them that led to that situation. so such a scar will leave them in a constant state of paranoia (with heighten negative emotions that they slowly get under control). some of the habits that formed before they 'repaired themselves' would stick with the lingering fear that the look away from so they can interact as normal as possible with others.

Westeller and Luc666-_- like this.
  5. Luc666-_-

Luc666-_- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's true, yeah. But poisons are almost always harmful to the body, no? I'm not sure, but I think so.

But aphrodisiacs aren't. Only if taken excessively, like you said.

Actually, kind of off topic, but I wonder what would happen if it was taken like that. For men, it would be having a boner for hours, resulting in what would probably be immense pain and over swelling as the blood stays near their crotch. I heard of that, once.

For women, I don't know what would happen....

6. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    It come to be called "reverse rape" because people tend to think that only women can get raped (false) and because sjw and radical "feminists" (i.e. advocates of women supremacy, instead of advocates for human decency and rights allowance for women) would never be quiet if you so as much hinted on the contrary.

That's not correct. In this modern society where men are expected to be a bunch of hormones and unleashed sexual desire, which ends up shaping a high number of them as such, it's rare for people to think otherwise... Unless it really happens to them.
    It's not the same a fantasy or a sexual play where things are more or less controlled and true rape. It's not the first case of men raped that originally thought like you do only to change their mindsets when it really happens to them. The misconception doesn't go away, though, because men in that situation tend to keep quiet so as to not be seen as "wimps" by society.

I didn't know that. Japanese are very serious with "purity", to the point of a certain girl (I believe that from Idolm@ster) being regarded as "tainted", threats being sent and merchandise being broken just because in a seemingly-more-official-than-usual doujin she had sex with a faceless guy (i.e. a projection of the reader, so technically it can be taken as being them who "defiled" her). They remind me so much to the unicorns in Bocchi Tenseiki.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    Westeller, Arkeus and Luc666-_- like this.
  7. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

hey bro, do you not consider what happens in MGA and ATG rape because the male MC is good looking?

logically it doesn't make any sense *shrugs*

Luc666-_- likes this.
  8. Luc666-_-

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe. I think it depends on the situation. If it's one on one and the girl Is hot, then maybe he won't have a problem with it too much.

If it's like multiple women, and they drug him and chain him, then I think it would leave a scar. Or if it's a child getting pushed down by a older woman.

Of course the first example is without things like love involved. I don't think many men, at least those who are truly dedicated to one woman who they love, would truly like being raped by a woman.

9. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    it wouldn't be rape if he didn't have a problem with it. the entire point of it being rape is consent.

10. Luc666-_-

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I get where you're coming from but I think he meant only how men would react from it. I doubt he considered what a woman would feel when raped by a good looking male. It could be said that at least it wasn't a old fatass but that really wouldn't make it any better....
    That would be rape play then right?

And yeah, it's about consent. I probably should have mentioned that too.

11. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    That is partly what I find strange, some novels seem to have either the mc or a potential love interest given pretty much a overdose of aphrodisiacs just so they can be "saved" with some sex, which I kinda doubt would be a good idea in a real case of a overdose. lol

Luc666-_- likes this.
  12. omegazx

omegazx The Magic Mech Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason, this reminds me of that one episode of Valvrave.

The one where the MC gets possessed by his mecha's ghost and rapes one of the love interests/narrator of the series.

13. Swiftwolfbeta

Swiftwolfbeta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah I remember that the yandere second in command

Arbiten likes this.
  14. Arbiten

Arbiten ✯The Protagonist✯

Reading List:
    Link
    FTFY

15. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

presumably, if a guy is thinking "oh shit this girl is hot, I don't mind being fucked by her at all" it isn't even rape play at that point, unless we're talking about being aggressive, in which case it would be SM play?

Luc666-_- likes this.
  16. Luc666-_-

Reading List:
    Link
    well but still in those cases they call it rape....so....mock-rape play? i dont know anymore.....
    heh, yup. if that happened i doubt you would get rid of the effects just by having sex. I know sex involves a lot of "exercise" but that really wouldnt be enough to burn off the excess aphrodisiacs in your system....

...wouldnt that be even worse too? at the very least it would be for men, right? I mean i dont know what would happen to women suffering from an overdose of that type of stuff but if you're a man then you're already horny enough WITHOUT having sex with an atractive woman....

It would be like adding water to an already full glass, wouldnt it?

17. Lesbian Unicorn

Lesbian Unicorn [Deamon Prince] [Absolute Xenophobe]

Reading List:
    Link
    Shamo Manga

Mc gets gang raped

18. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    lol did it happen in jail xD? i read a bit a long time ago , but it seems i forgot or never reached that part . The mc was a bit too dark for my taste.

19. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's just...... awful

Non consensual sexual encounters are rape.

It doesn't matter if it's male on male or female on male, or male on female, or female on female, or if they were "emotionally damaged" to some arbitrary degree or not.

Yeah some people get groped once on a bus and it turns into a deathspiral of 30 layers of clothing and hikikomori behavior, thats not any less rape than someone who got gangbanged by two gorilla, three nuns, a bishop and a mongolian sailor, who quietly cleaned themselves up afterwords and got on with their life.

Rape is not about the end result, its about the process itself.

That's like saying "oh i know they put bleach in your soup, but you weren't really poisoned if you didn't cough up blood or pass out, it was just a little "toxic play", a little "faux poisoning" is OK between friends"

BarriaKarl, Rige and Westeller like this.
  20. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's also kind of hilarious that most Xanxia only have rapes when a woman is part of the rape (no matter who is the one raping who), when IRL a huge numbers of M/M rape occurs simply because rape is, gasp, not about sex.

Xanxia rape is basically fetish rape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.