Spoiler Why Are You Doing This, Duke?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Mar 3, 2019.

1. veilan91

veilan91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think someone in the thread had already explained it but it is because of Rowan achievement in the war. the imperial family sees them as a threat to their power and popularity...talk about gratitude :blobsalt:

augacutan likes this.
  2. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading the manhwa, the more I read about Erin, the more I do not like her. Maybe because she's not using her brain for the most part, she's too (verily so) emotional, and very much annoying.

I understand what she had been through. I get that the duke is her lifeline to her happiness even if it's fake. But, it really bothers me so much when she acts so annoyingly selfish and just does her thing without thinking of the consequences of her actions especially with her position.

I don't know. Maybe Erin just rubs me the wrong way. I've read of other heroines that aren't too smart but they don't irritate me like Erin. Hmn...

Hopefully, my impression on her will get better as I continue to read.

Edit: Welp, my impression did get better when she finally wanted genuine love and is really wanting to protect the duke.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Mandyj likes this.
  3. Fantasy-Magician

Fantasy-Magician Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, Erin is meant to be annoying if her stupidity and selfishness are what rub you wrong.
    She is basically an uneducated illegitimate daughter who dreams for a better life like Cinderella, but none of the elegance and dignity since... well- nobody educates her on that whatsoever and her Mom is a gypsy.
    Why does she do what she did without thinking of the consequence? More like she doesn't have the 'sense' to know that far because nobody teach her any better.

She is also in the wrong for never asking any lesson to upgrade herself, but from the start as beautiful her dream life is... Erin didn't have any expectation to continue that way forever. That is as far as her smart and sense goes I suppose, love is beautiful but I want to live- end of the story.
    She is just too simple minded for it to be any better yeah-

4. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @veilan91 Thanks for the spoilers; I was curious if you have a rough idea (or exactly lmao) of where the manhwa is along that time line? And a random curiosity..does anything different happen with Claire on the .. 'happy end' route?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  5. veilan91

Reading List:
    Link
    i think the mahwa is covering book 2, there's 3 novel....about Claire i am not sure since i skip some parts but around the end, there's no mentioning of her that's for sure

6. Daisy27

Daisy27 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have anyone read the manhwa latest raw? is it the chapter where both of them will die? Because in latest chapter Erin hs been kidnapped by that lady palladine and Rowan come to save her but hand his got cut by the sword.

7. Ayo

Ayo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, Thank you very much for the spoilers
    But I want to ask about his childhood when he returns back? How it was , and how he change it?
    Also more details about the emperor and the prince and the ex-fiance ?
    Thank you in advance.

8. veilan91

Reading List:
    Link
    first i want to remind you that i MTL the novel so maybe some of it is wrong but
    1.he goes back ten years if i am not mistaken
    2.he cut himself out from the royal family and instead of honing is skill as a general, he silently accumulated wealth through his company
    3.in the last vol, the only details made about the emperor was that he died after the war he started fail(the war where rowan had lead in the first life) and that the crown prince only appeared during the wedding ceremony (he got like a three paragraph from the author, savage, i know right. so yeah no revenge thingy here .Sorry folks, this ain't a bloody revenge chinese manhua)
    4.about the ex fiance, i don't know (le me skip :v) but he have keep away from all woman this life time, so i think that include ex-fiance

9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay I'm gonna pick this up again. May sound cowardly but the time reset makes me feel better about the ML

Guess hes not a baby killer anymore lol

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Korleone likes this.
  10. Karolmm

Karolmm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the blond hair guy, not the prince yhe other one whose constantly appears in front of FL?

11. AngelicaHolmes

AngelicaHolmes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As i read the spoilers I was also thinking the same thing, and actually this Is a good time to happen because there's no more conflict in this time line, they already love each other, and know about the magic, I don't think that there's more things for them to do, so I believe that this is the right moment for that twist in the story

12. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading the manga updates at MD and read the current translators will stop uploading since the series is formally licensed. I know most of the spoilers and ending are already posted, but can someone make a detailed post/compile and quote the spoilers/events after Rowan saves Erin from Lady Paladine? Unless someone else volunteers to replace the one who uploads (if there are even chapters available after this), then I'd rathet have a compilation of spoilers (a shame I can no longer see the gorgeous adapted format since I'm dirt poor)
    Thanks in advance!

pastelxx, river.wyles and Korleone like this.
  13. Wookie9656

Wookie9656 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanted to post this spoiler here because I just could not share it after reading it. Prepare your hearts :blobsob: (This is MTL so translation prob not the best)

As soon as Roan couldn't resist and looked back at her, a whistle-blowed arrow flew in. Instinctively, he tried to shield Erin, but with her eyes wide open, she pushed him and jumped into the front. How did a woman who was much smaller than him gained strength so strong that Roan was simply pushed aside.

The arrow that flew over Erin's body around Roan was faster than a moment ago, and his consciousness was as slow as an eternity to stop it.

Puck-puck-

The moment the arrow stuck into her body, his breath seemed to stop. "......Roan."

Erin's eyes blinked loudly as she looked up at him, reeling greatly. "Erin!"

A sharp pain struck him hard as if he had been hit by an arrow. Roan sat on the ground, ripping away the time he had stopped, holding her helplessly collapsing body. Her body with an arrow looked smaller and thinner. I choked at the sight of her bloodstained lips.

Roan begged, touching her face with trembling hands.

"Please, please don't do this."

As Erin opened her trembling lips as if squeezing her last strength, red and silver blood flowed down.

"Roan....... please..."

"Don't die. Please..."

"At least for now..."... please... "Roan......."

Each other's earnest pleas went out of the way without reaching the opponent. Eye-to-eye contact, Erin raised her arm and tried to raise her hand on his eyebrows. But her hands fell helplessly, and Roan grabbed them with his own hands and put them on his face.

"Erin..."

"Please... ...because of me... Don't. It's... it's for me.

"Please... Roan......."

Erin's eyelids slowly closed as she begged his name.

"I... ...without you... ... Erin... ... Erin... ... Please..."

Roan, who was holding her and sobbing, bent his head and tried to make eye contact with her. But Erin's eyes did not reopen and her head bent weakly.

Erin, Erin, Erin.

Roan shook her loudly several times, as if trying to wake her up. When his head moved weakly around, he couldn't shake it any more.

Roan couldn't even blink and stopped breathing. Breath stopped by itself. couldn't breathe because of somebody's pain.

He looked down at her, who had not moved a bit. I didn't do anything for you. I have done nothing for you.

Roan held her dearly in his arms. There was a cry of the Crown Prince and a sound of anger flying in, but he did not move a bit. He just muttered unconscious word as if his brain had melted.

"We have to go home together."

One after the other, there was a sound of arrows flying in, but Roan did not avoid it. He just hugged and hugged Erin tightly so that she wouldn't get out of his arms at all.

Puck-puck-

The arrow stuck in his back and shoulder, and his body was greatly agitated. But while he groaned in pain, Roan did not let go of Erin's body until the end. His body, which was whining loudly, lost its strength and collapsed in Erin's arms.

Tofufufu, Peaceful Plum, _J_ and 35 others like this.
  14. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers! I just saw the updates where Erin got kidnapped and Rowan was just right on time to save her. Do you know which book the Manhua current events are? I saw that the books are available on GooglePlay and want to MTL read it in advance. :blob_grin:

15. Wookie9656

Wookie9656 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That scene is in book 2 part 7. :aww:

Needyneedle likes this.
  16. jujuli97

jujuli97 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh the tears. I din't think i would cry this much.
    Where did you get the raws?

Tofufufu likes this.
  17. veilan91

Reading List:
    Link
    just found out tapas.io license them (T-T), but the things is not all tapas contained is available in my country...which is a bummer and the heck changing names? they are already an english name(not like changing chinese name to english especially ancient setting is already weird a puck) but why they need to change them!? haaa:cry::cry::cry:

buy in google...just put the korean title

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021
    river.wyles likes this.
  18. CrispyTaco

CrispyTaco New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait you can buy raw manga from google (not as a novel but manga form) ? Do you have a link? (idk if you can post any links here tho) Cos I am so upset I can't enjoy translated manga anymore and now a despo :cry: Thank you!

19. pastelxx

pastelxx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened to blonde hair guy???

DancingRain25 likes this.
  20. veilan91

Reading List:
    Link
    if you want the raw you can go search in newtoki