Why can't I find a couple years old games in Google Playstore

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by DiabolicGod, Jan 31, 2021.

1. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regardless of what game (mobile) I look for, if it is one in a series and older than two years I can't find it anymore anywhere.
    My current example: The older Asphalt car race games. I can only find the new number 8 and 9, the older ones seem to have vanished.

Why am I looking for them? The older the game the better it is likely to be, since the corporations weren't as fucking shameless and assholeish to sell stuff for hundreds of euros back then or destroy the whole game for anyone not willing to pay several dozen euros and play a lot...
    --> which makes me believe that this is a ploy to force people to spend money even at the cost of virtually deleting their own games (although one can argue that they are the same just with slightly different looks, like fifa)

Basically I just hate those corporations and their insatiable greed destroying any and all possibilities of playing good games on mobile devices

Do you know where or how to get those games without the risk of a virus?

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  2. kurisomething

kurisomething Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont know much but the most likely reason you cant find them anymore is because they are literally out of date, they arent updated to be compatible on the newer phones/tablets.

3. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A little hard to believe that a 2016 bought phone cant play a 2015 released game...
    And if that is the case then it is still the corporation being shitty

Even if that is the case for some, like the very old modern combat 2, it shouldn't be the case for all

4. kurisomething

kurisomething Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    while there’s nothing wrong with the “i’ll use it ‘till it breaks” mentality, i was talking under the assumption of a larger age difference

5. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well mobiles games are to pull money out of your pockets what way can you pull more
    - let them use ancient games forever
    - force them to buy a new one every year with grind or spending all from zero again
    for PC older games GOG would be a place to take a look dont think they are big in mobile games too

6. loyaltyhub

loyaltyhub New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i dont know much but the most likely reason you cant find them