Question Why can't I find the chapters of this novel, Desire?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by sweetpotato12, May 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. sweetpotato12

sweetpotato12 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/desire/
    Wordexcerpt is still an active translating site but however when I clicked the chapters of this novel I was shown "Page not found"

Does anyone know what happened? or is this novel translated somewhere else?

2. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC Wordexcerpt keep changing their urls/hosting & not updating NovelUpdates (I think it was them doing that anyway, I know there's one story that I've had to go looking for 4 or 5 times even though it's supposedly been the same translator & group the entire time).

sweetpotato12 likes this.
  3. Needyneedle

Needyneedle Crimson's Melissa and the Blackjack of Chaos.

Reading List:
    Link
    This. I follow one of the translators (Wordexcerpt) in Patreon and she mentioned that WordExcerpt experienced a server error and corrupt database so she moved to a new server. I don't think she translates Desire but I hope what she did was similar to what the Desire's translator had done. This was posted on April 8 and I know it's been a month, but I hope this helps:

Hey everyone

WordExcerpt is currently experiencing a server error and corrupt database. We also had trouble uploading new chapters a few days ago.

The only means to fix that was to backup our database and move over to a new server. In doing so, we, too, also needed to move our domain over to the new server provided. As the domain hasn’t fully integrated in the network, the domain may or may not have localized into your ISP network, yet.

To bypass this, either try using a proxy network, or using LTE mobile data until the ISP network updates the domain.

Please allow some waiting between 24-72 hours for it to work, and if not, please message us with errors you experience.
    If you experienced a delay in chapter release the past 2 days, I was hard at work fixing the server release schedule will go back as normal today.

Credits to Jud & SP. Thank you for all the translations!

sweetpotato12 likes this.
  4. sweetpotato12

sweetpotato12 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh if it is so I wish they will update it. I searched the novel on that site but no results. :(