Question Why can't my review be seen when I'm logged out?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Godgrid, Jul 23, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I made a review to Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint and put it up. I can see during while I'm in my account but when I'm logged out, I can't. Does anyone know why?

2. Kahzel

Kahzel [Translator of pure fluffyness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it has to be approved first from a mod, I don't know how the review system works exactly though. :blobpats:

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually takes like a day or two until it's accepted.

Afaik tony read and approve all reviews manually.

p.s. and every time you edit your review it has to be re-approved. though obviously that doesn't matter if your review has yet to be approved in the first place.

runsing likes this.
  4. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    the reviews have a peculiar ordering based on likes and age. if there are lots of reviews and yours is new and unread, it is likely right at the bottom on another comment page that isn't the 1st loaded. also, you may have saved it as a draft and not fully posted it.

5. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The 2 most recently approved reviews are always shown first if they were made within a month or whatever it is, regardless of likes or whatever.

6. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Tony has to manually approve them so give it a day or two. If it still hasn't appeared there might be a chance it wasn't approved

Astaroth and runsing like this.
  7. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno, I have made a few reviews and they show up in the lower middle at the highest if the page has many highly liked reviews when I first post then.

the only ones of mine to appear at the top are when there are no other reviews

8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    You probably checked before they were approved, do like OP and logout or check in incognito. Most probably, you won't be able to see your review.

Speaking of which, that's an easy way I use to check whether my review has been approved or not, I just check whether it's shown in the top 2 or not. If it hasn't, then it hasn't been approved yet and is invisible to everyone besides yourself and mods (or maybe even just to tony)

runsing likes this.
  9. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    how long ago was your review submitted? (read below)

1.there's only one person processing the reviews, loli..i mean Tony.
    2.reviews can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 24 hours to be approved. sometimes a little bit more, depending on the amount of pending reviews vs how free he is at the time.
    3.if you still can't see the review after 72 hours, re-read the guideline. (means your review has been rejected)

just the reviewer and tony.

i only has stats up to Dec 28th last year but,
    Approved reviews: 26,573
    Deleted reviews: 29,324
    that'd make an average of around 60 reviews processed daily if we take the range from the birth of NU. with the amount of users NU has now, perhaps saying 100/day is already a conservative estimate.

two latest reviews within 30 days should stay at the top, iinm. if you see yours lower, it could be someone submit new review, making yours 3rd latest, therefore pushing your review to default sorting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.