Why can't Skype detect my microphone?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Eishun, Feb 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi is there anyone here who knows how to use Skype?

I am currently using my Android phone as a microphone for my PC. To do this, I have installed the WO Mic app on my phone and the software for PCs on my PC. And, yes, it works as a microphone. I have tested it several times.

But, when I opened the Skype program on my PC, Skype can't detect my Android/microphone at all.

I Googled for advice and tried to remedy this by doing the following:

1) I went to Windows Settings, clicked on the Privacy tab and then clicked on the Microphone tab. And then under the "Choose which apps can access your microphone" heading, I toggled the Skype app to "On".

This didn't work.

2) So I went to Skype's settings and clicked on the Audio & Video tab, but what showed up under the Microphone heading was just a message saying "No device found." Clicking on "learn more" only sent me to an unhelpful webpage. There's nothing there that would allow me to select a microphone.

So my question is: Is there anything I can do that will allow me to use my Android phone as a microphone for Skype calls?

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

2. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this might sound stupid but did you activate the bluetooth on your computer and android then paired the devices ?

LordCorwin likes this.
  3. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    - Skype doesn't recognize ur 3rd party app?
    - check ur input settings

4. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Skype exists as an app on both Android and iOS. Why not just use Skype on your phone?

5. Nortons

Nortons New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I always have some problems with scype but I can't solve any of those because they are random and they just come and go. Really a strange thing