Why did you become the villain?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Apr 14, 2018.

1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    You are the final boss of an epic novel. The setting of the story is up to you, but the Hero is about to show up to exterminate you once and for all.

How did you end up becoming the villain? For what reasons are you the "villain"? Why does the "hero" hate you? How did everything turn out like this?

The point of this thread isn't about what you think would be an interesting story/villain. Rather, it's an introspective question about what hypothetically might cause you (the real life you) to become a villain?

What would it take to drive you down the villain route?

What would be a sufficient trigger to transform the ordinary (presumably harmless) novel-reading glasses-wearing hikikomori otaku dude (you) into the ultimate villain?

What villainous things did you do (assuming you have the power to accomplish them) on your blazing trail to become a villain?

2. Undeadlord

Undeadlord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stealing peoples love interest killing people I don't like ( in this case most humans ).

Insetient likes this.
  3. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    boredom
    or my curiosity

meaning that perhaps I would one day commit a crime or do something that makes me a villain (I don't really care what I would do, be it robbing, slavery, or whatever. It's up to you what you want to imagine) because of one or both of the reasons stated above

4. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    So if I gave you amazing magic powers, you would go around and go destroy the world or something from boredom?

Fluffums and DiabolicGod like this.
  5. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I became the villain because I could never be the hero.

Bitter Sweet, Lucenda, Amayah and 7 others like this.
  6. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    They banned chocolate. Why would you ban chocolate? You're the monsters, not I!
    FREE CHOCOLATE FOR EVERYONE!!!

7. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    The corrupt church made me out to be the Demon Lord when I refused to cave to their demands. The Hero and his party are just their disposable assassination team.

8. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Desire to be better than the rest, when I'm totally not.

Insetient and Hahhaa like this.
  9. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so in other words, you would view yourself as the hero then? (in the righteous position)

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    By having opinions different from the masses.

Lucenda, JackStone, Hahhaa and 8 others like this.
  11. Relken

Relken Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think my entire family would have to die that or torture me. I'm too laid back to want to be an actual world destructive villain unless something drastic happens.

12. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Severely misunderstood and just lashing out in extremes for attention. I feel this would be a better reason then most in novels lol

13. Ojou-sama

Ojou-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For fun?

14. asdfghjkl

asdfghjkl jnvfnvfutucbdtcbbyhn

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Heros are self-righteous pricks that you want to bitch slap.

15. Shaiyamine

Shaiyamine Reader of Novels, Slave to the Screen

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm if I were to become a villain it would probably be when I lose all sense of morality.
    The other option is when becoming a villain would save the people I love, then I would go further down the rabbit hole seeking redemption. A redemption I may never have.

16. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    What? Fuck no. I run a pyramid scheme/cult to scam gullible idiots out of their money and assets, turning them into contract slaves. The Church wanted a cut of the profits and I said no.

17. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    presuming I had the strength and manpower to do so? acting out as humanity's eternal antagonist in order to stop wars and tragedies, and inforce a martial rule on conquered human territories in order to keep crime and tragedy to minimum, and keeping everything about humanity's "dirty black" history of wars completely classified. as long as the "final boss" exists so will the "hero", so I will wait for a hero strong enough, smart enough, and kind enough, for me to acknowledge him as worthy of being the "Savior", and teach him how to avoid repeating history.
    reason : I am somewhat of a perfectionist, and I got tired of some of humanity's mistakes repeating themselves.

aliasluna and lychee like this.
  18. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Because i don't play by the rules or whatever was made up by royalty and nobles. Plus, i believe if i have power strong enough to affect the world, i would probably kill whomever i hate. And that would mean any young master or arrogant nobles or royalties that cross me would be detached their head from their neck.
    Sooner or later the human ruling side would deem me as evil and would train the most talented of their side to become the hero so as to show their strength to the commoners. Hence the hero. The hero would hate me because i'm a cold blooded killer. Which i probably am as i don't believe that those i kill should be judge.

19. staggerbush

staggerbush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was fully against whaling until watching “Whale Wars”. It was so much fun watching the anti-whalers flail about (Stuff like deploying prop foulers nowhere near the boat they wanted to mess with) that I found it hard to not root for the whalers.

20. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not like I'm a villain, it's just that the hero's and my view are too different.
    While the hero see everything as black or white, I see all in different gray shades.
    I would stop at nothing to accomplish my objectives or belief, even if I leave a trail of carnage or miserable people behind as long as my objective can be achieved............................ that is, in the situation of superpowers, magic or other world where we wouldn't have nothing of the things we have now and start anew and I can't simply accept the things around... specially in a case of being summoned to another world those kidnappers calling us hero and I would be 'hero your ass!' and not joining their faction and try to get away......