Discussion Why didn’t the ML not beat the s*it out of the girls.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cutter Masterson, Aug 4, 2021.

Tags:
?

If a bunch of girls were beating you up. Would you defend yourself?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I love the pain. More please!

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Run away

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know how many times I see a bunch of girls beat the living s*it out of a guy. Just because of some half baked misunderstanding. For instance I was just passing through. So obviously I’m a pervert? WTF. Or I have a good friend sleeping in my tent. So obviously I’m a kidnapper? WTF!
    My stand point is why the F**K doesn’t the MC flip out and start swinging. I mean if a bunch of girls start wailing on you. You should defend yourself. Otherwise you should have killed yourself and saved everyone the hassle. I mean really if all of a sudden a fist start raining down. You would think you would automatically swing back to protect yourself. Even if they are boy or girl.
    Sorry about the venting. It’s just sometimes. I just feel they should have blown up with indignation and at least yell. But NO. It’s calm and understanding. WTF!
    Who thinks that rational in that situation?

Am I wrong? I never question it before, but I just thought of it. I mean really. What man would hurt a girl? But when does a person natural instinct kick in to survive?

I can’t be the first one to think of it. So why?

Gadget, reagents 11, 0000000 and 2 others like this.
  2. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that's due to the stereotype that girls are weaker than guys, and therefore for them to fight back (hitting them is "ungentlemanly") is kinda bullying per se

Not that it's right :blobsalt:

otaku31 likes this.
  3. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd fight back. In the words of the great Duke Nukem, "I'm an equal opportunity ass kicker."

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  4. MisterBubbles

MisterBubbles [The Omnipotent No. 2 at Everything]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's still not seen as appropriate to hit a woman under any circumstances. However, realistically, I think most guys I know would still hit the bitch, and where I'm from, no one cares if a woman gets hit or not. Tbh, the not hitting thing might also be a way to make the MC look better for the audience and to mix in "comedy" in the story, because haha, MC got beat up by a girl (still isn't funny and it's overused)

5. Legowaffles

Legowaffles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, IRL, if you ended up in court you would almost certainly lose.

asriu, S4TY4, otaku31 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Shaiole

Shaiole Mad scientist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ypu must have been reading bunch of beta japanese novels

7. Noble Ran

Noble Ran Evil Ordeal

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, there are plenty of Chinese and Korean simps as well

8. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, a man on the talkshow said that he was abused by his SO and he had to jump down the window to escape and the audience laughed. Even the showman needed to step up and said "why laugh? This is serious."

Oftentimes in society, we view women as the weaker species (yes this count as a superiority complex from those with such a notion) and see that men cannot be abused by said creatures. So when there are some men who suffered under the women (who may or may not know how to abuse such a notion to their advantage), we often dismiss said men and label them "weak, inferior, worthless" for unable to even subdue women and mock them for our own ego.

Yet in the case of self-defense, when a man hits back his assailant who happens to be a woman, we often jump out to berate and punish the man instead because "women are weak" and "cannot hurt men" (again, this is a superiority complex)

So this is a funny notion, for men to not able to fight back (because this makes him an animal apparently) against an aggressive woman due to societal pressure and prejudice.

Ps. The most funny thing I ever heard about why a man cannot hit a woman because his mother is a woman and all women should deserve respect. Also, women "can't hurt a man" she said. I once saw a dude who got scalding coffee poured onto his face by a woman on a cafe solely because the woman thought that he was laughing at her. For the record, they didn't know each other and when the man tried to hit back, many went to stop him and console the crazied woman instead.

That was the last time I went to that cafe.

Itssalwa, mir, Aachiin0914 and 2 others like this.
  9. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, depends on the context and how bad the situation would ended up if there's no direct action to be involved.
    If the root problem was just a misunderstanding where it should've been able to be resolved just with words, I'll take that route even if I have to flee first because I'm just a coward pacifist.

...but if the issue in hand if already reaching to serious physical harm to myself or my dearest ones, well...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

otaku31, 0000000 and Cutter Masterson like this.
  10. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    It can be quite difficult enough to figure out on the spur of the moment how to protect yourself from getting hurt, much less think about counter attacking. Don’t ask me how I know this.

mir, raitei and Cutter Masterson like this.
  11. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Cat Boss〗〖Feeling the Effects of Aging〗

Reading List:
    Link
    ^this

It's basically benevolent sexism, which is still inherently problematic because it's grounded in the idea that men are "stronger" than women and that women are "weak" and therefore need to be protected/can't be retaliated against.

ANonMouse likes this.
  12. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    You're wrong though. I've also seen plenty of mc that are merciless to women that had none of appearance described or described as ugly. So there you go. It's simps culture from reader side and in writer terms a way to make or introduce new female character with that enemy became ally trope ? Love hate trope ?
    Man i love some lewd green fish.

13. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said all MC were that way. Only that recently I realize the last few anime were like that. I’m not even going to go into manga or novels.
    As to MC being merciless to woman. Let me guess. Was it a Xianxiia? Lousy genre. An endless loop that keeps spitting out the same plot over and over.
    Not sure what you mean ugly?
    No matter how you dress it up. His a$$ still get beaten, but still let’s them off the hook. I mean seriously at least sue them or something. Don’t just take it like a punching bag. Have a little self respect

reagents 11 likes this.
  14. grass_is_tasty

grass_is_tasty Grass is more than just weed.

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know man, I've seen shoujo and josei male leads hunting the protagonist down to the end of the continent just because she mistakenly beat him up once or something. Those male leads simply do not let go. They'll blackmail her, harass her, threaten to sue her, use this one incident to cajole her into agreeing to his demands and what not.
    This makes me think that maybe people just like their love interests torturing them.
    Granted, the male lead wouldn't actually beat her up so there does exist some prejudices but the male leads are not always passive I guess?

asriu, mir and Cutter Masterson like this.
  15. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    When the writer described the women they mercilessly beat up or kill as ugly.

16. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree!

In anime it was usually like that.

That's why, many anime revolves around beautiful and handsome characters. When it comes to these ugly bg, they would always use the excuse that they were not protag. material so it's okay to be abuse.

Anyway, I think this is base on culture?

I agree to those sexist comments. No matter how much the world promote gender equality, there equality never really existed. They just created a world more favorable for women.

Anyway, in the eyes of a bystander, they will measure up the situation base on who they found looking more pitiful.

Many brainless novels just exagge many scenes about mc being beaten up by a women in several occasions, and mc just accepting it because they were women.

Well, there are times that's it's wrong to attack a woman with an exuse of self defense. I think it would depends on what kind of person the woman is? And what kind of misuderstanding they have. Cause except for a b"tchy woman, no rational woman would just attack a man just because they misunderstood something.

And no men would let themselves beaten up, esp by a stranger, just because of a misunderstanding. Well, except for those introverted timid ones usually seen in anime. They were the once who were always subject to this kind of abuse.

17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh the trope
    tbh this cat turn off brain most of time when reading story cuz well it not worth it~
    cold CEO, sadistic love partner, tsundere, lousy hero, harem seeker~ those thing is fun to see from sideline as comedy but if you put enuf thought the funny will collapse quite easy~

18. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gotta mention the OG advocate for gender equality as well.
    upload_2021-8-4_18-16-29.png

19. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    Jeremy Kyle

20. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Toxic and abusive relationships knows no bounds.