why do people like normal game world novels?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by R0hqn, Apr 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/genocide-online-playtime-diary-of-an-evil-young-girl/
    You are for some reason saying that all stories with female MCs fall victim to some tropes even though you clearly haven't read many of them. You're generalizing and creating a false argument that doesn't reflect the reality. Basically everything you said about stories with Female MCs isn't reflected in any novel/manga I have ever read... Seems like you tried reading one bad story and gave up because it sucked, and then assumed all stories whose main character shared the same gender as the story you read automatically sucked as well... Which is a plain silly line of thought, to say the least.

Also, I dunno why you even mentioned BL since I didn't touch the topic myself.

Moreover, you for some reason is assuming that every fantasy novel has to revolve around fights, deaths, betrayal and what not... They don't need that.

Also, you talked about how a loser MC might get in the way of the wish-fulfillment aspect of wish-fulfillment stories... Even though my previous post was specifically talking about not all reincarnation is wish-fulfillmemt and how not being OP doesn't necessarily mean that they that they're a loser... Why are you even bringing up the loser point again? There is more to characterization than a duality of either OP or a Loser... Rather, if a character can only be defined by one of those two extremes, then it is a horribly bland character that the author failed horribly at developing.

Nimroth likes this.
  2. prasantbagale

prasantbagale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Night Ranger and Thriller Paradise are my favorites in-game world genre. While both's themes are different, the premise is the game world.

3. rath_2000

rath_2000 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of those types of novels revolves around an esports scene, tho. It's 2021, you can't say it's all just a game with how massive the gaming industry is now. As for why people like those types of novels, it's more of about the mc being ahead of the curb rather than the plots itself. Anyone can like reincarnation/travel back in time novels of any setting as long as it appeals to them, hence why there are multiple versions like cooks, entrepreneurs, sports etc.
    For me personally, it's an escape from the race of life. Same vibe with "what ifs" things were easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.