Discussion Why does Novelsaga split the chapters in 3 parts ?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Lucinia, Mar 16, 2016.

?

What's your opinion on this matter ?

1. I find it convenient

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. Annoying as fuck

82 vote(s)
    75.9%
  3. I don't mind just a small obstacle

13 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. I don't care, just wanna read the novel

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lettosk

lettosk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    glad to know i wasn't the only one that got annoyed by that s**t

2. Feinzell

Feinzell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats why many people stop reading from the site. And personally i once make epubs from that site ( i stopped make epubs for a while ) and thats really annoying when you wanted add 1 chapter with 3 pages and the last pages just "." !!

Its takes me 5 times longer to update chapters from that site with all annoying add and pages. Usually i update it first with my motivation still burning.

3. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    I solved the problem in a way that gave me more free time,.
    I stopped read their novels.:D

Cien likes this.
  4. EdeQ

EdeQ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So do i :D

5. koog008

koog008 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    rofl.. i totally know how you feel.. after they moved sites.. i was like is it just me or is the chapters getting smaller and it feels like im missing something.. or are they generalizing more.. it took me a lil while to find out about the pages.. i had to go back to many chapters on a couple novels to finish reading the chapters and was like now it makes sense lol

6. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Annoying af. I stop reading from it.
    Reading for a short moment only to be cut off to load another page is really annoying, especially since I read from my phone.

7. Abdulrahman0467

Abdulrahman0467 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad i wasn't the only one annoyed with their site. Funny thing is I brought this up with my buddy a couple days ago and was ranting to him about it. Worst part is you can't really contact anyone on the site other than comments which don't work for me.

8. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Hate as much as they want, it's an opinion. And frankly, crap like this is how translators engender hate in readers. Which in turn drives readers away meaning fewer clicks, lower ad revenue, and little to no donations if asked for. While I'm not saying we should give in to the readers, there are to be some sort of compromise between readers and TLs in regards to the accessibility of their sites or they won't have any readers at all.

Jarrow and MapleKaiser like this.
  9. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Lucinia

Lucinia Baby turtles are the Overlords of cuteness *_*

Reading List:
    Link
    Many people stop to read the novels anyway , because this splitting is to annoying, so it don't make a difference when I piss the translator off, I don't care if the chapter releases slow or have some grammar mistakes, I appreciate the work the translator do, but to do this to readers, it's just unnecessary trouble.
    I dont mind if they do adfly chapters, I click them everytime when I use my PC to read (like the site from martial world, the translator is awesome), because this is a good compromise, but this splitting is a reason to stop reading novels and this is sad because it's unnecessary (less readers = less clicks = less money = nobody is happy )
    Think I made my point clear I hope the change it, even if they don't I just don't read the novels on this site and use a bot to do epubs for me (dont wanna write it but if it's needed I will do it)

11. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    True, while advertising is necessary, can't rely on donations to solve everything, and can't guarantee your site won't be taken down if you rely on free content servers, so I have no issue with advertising as long as it doesn't become overly intrusive(will you fill out a survey to get to the content) or overly burdensome(wait while we give you 3 popups and six videos sucking your data and blowing out your eardrums in a mishmash of voices).

But while the story imo was already suffering, the splitting of chapters is the real reason I stopped reading Martial God Space. I understand the translator may have been trying to provide content faster but the half chapters were annoying as hell. Content would cut off midway, and sometimes I would miss the update that the second half would be added especially if it stopped at a reasonable spot. Then I would start the next chapter and wonder why the transition seemed so clunky.

I don't know about other readers, but personally, I would rather see a whole chapter at a time, not something broken up and certainly not having to keep loading page after page to get new chapters. I read a lot of stuff on my older model Kindle and it doesn't really load quickly, especially with some ad heavy sites, which makes a site such as novelsaga, more of a chore than a nice diversion, which means I'll forgo reading it until enough content is out to batch and load onto the reader directly, probably the equivalent of 2 or 3 IET volumes.

Douluo Dalu is a very good example of this. Sure bagelson could put out each chapter part as he finishes, but that would be incredibly frustrating. I, and I imagine many others, are more comfortable with a whole chapter at once, all 3 parts, as opposed to having it broken up, across days and/or pages. But then again, that's just my opinion.

12. bbqs

bbqs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Went to this forum just to express my extreme dislike to novelsaga's website and then I see that there's already a discussion for this.

The site just sucks. If they wanted ads, fine. use adfly like everybody else. give out multiple links for one chapter like that one translator, sure, why not. But unnecessarily splitting up chapters is just the worst. It's extremely inconvenient and annoying to readers. They wanted more money from pageviews per chapter but their website format makes people not want to visit their site. That's just counter-productive and dumb.

Tried posting a comment on their site about this, but they don't care and just deleted my comment without replying.

Also, I'm not hating on the translators or the translations, I'm hating on the website (unless the one managing the site is a translator, then yeah, I'm hating on that person)

In case a translator/editor from novelsaga reads this: Don't you want more people reading the stuff you've worked hard for? Why host it on a terrible site? You can do better than this, and fans of your translations would appreciate it too.

Oh and I installed adblock just for this and I'm using a script to compiles the parts and present it in one complete page. so... yeah, you get nothing from me novelsaga.

13. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lucinia likes this.
  14. Azusky

Azusky Gazing At Moonlight | 50 Shades of Blue

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so true. FirstWorldProblems. Take my like

15. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    rprzpqluum26iq7k0kjm.jpg
    ^ you

16. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind when a really long chapter is broken into parts, but for me there is no way to justify taking a chapter that's already of average length and breaking it into parts.

17. Lucinia

Lucinia Baby turtles are the Overlords of cuteness *_*

Reading List:
    Link
    Na im way fatter then this kid and who dafuq wants a Wii and those shitty games

18. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    It's easier to translate. As a translator myself, I can understand why they do it. Sometimes you might not be able to finish translating 1 chapter at a time, hence why you split it into parts.

19. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah.... The horror of translating 60000 Japanese words for a single chapter.... *the JP translators might know what web novel I mentioned*

20. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    That's fine and all, but you don't need to post it until you are done translating. In fact I'd personally prefer it if you didn't. There are even some story arcs that are broken into parts by the author where I would prefer that you just stockpile and do a mass release on. Not that anyone needs to listen to me or anything ... I'm just sayin' whether we get it all at once or bit by bit, we leeches will still want more, so why alter the presentation of story from what the author wrote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.