Discussion Why does SAO's fans keep making SAO worst?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Havisu, Nov 10, 2019.

1. HaseoXV

HaseoXV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the only good thing about saofor me would be the OST other than that i don't want to talk about it lol.

and oh yeah the spin of GGO actually good not the shit main series

2. drewjn

drewjn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Comparing a Jp series to a typical edgelord Cn series, or otherwise, is not even needed. That's honestly disregarding the badsides of their own genres.

Crappy and average Jp series meta are quite different from crappy and average Cn series meta. They are both garbage schlock, and can both feature wish fulfillment, but they go about it different.

Sao is an overall mess of a story (going all the way back to wn here) with it being disjointed, full of beta male stupidity mixed with high levels of emo. They push beyond some of the classic Jp beta male schtick with a very weak and ridiculous romance plot line. Then tack on harem. There is face slapping, but strictly Jp level of bad guy foil with 'ohh he's so powerful' showoff-ing.

The world building and setting is flat out garbage, the political, social and economic break down doesn't ever pass young adult level of common sense. As a story for a vrmmo, it is absolutely ignorant of how ui, mechanics or game balance inherently works.

The fighting system (all adaptations) is make a pose and the game turns it into a skill, which sounds as idiotic as the wn decribed it. Kirito's op-ness is based on his 'reaction time' allowing him to dual weild, which should have nothing to do with each other in any form of actial logic. So in a setting where their bodies are unrelated, reaction time would have been vastly minimized in the first place. Then dual wielding magically doesn't require hand eye coordination, flexibility, any type of skill, or dexterity; instead it's locked to one idiotic nerd who magically becomes god level.

The end game of the story is the author continuously running into a wall on not at all knowing where the hell he should take it, then continously watering down the already thread bare worldbuilding, and further divorcing how reality really works to his already broken assumption on how virtual worlds can work. The whole world seed issue is a masterclass of how to poorly handle a McGuffin.

It's a haphazard story with a lot you have to ignore to like. That is similar to both Jp and Cn trash, but it is definitely Jp trash at the end.

Gate is far worse though.

ToastedRossi likes this.
  3. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    That was a bad take on rescue the princess with some rescue from alter tones. I don't think he's done rescue from the alter yet. The author actually combined four terrible story tropes and cliches in that scene. The other two are loss to the boss so go to ground and power up and pseudo ntr.

Make that three terrible and one depends on how you use it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  4. Empress Seven

Empress Seven Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah the smart one is good for me but there always some "the fuk guys" who make wank story with overlord character and bam instant hate, do you know there a story with papa bones crossover with Nasuverse and make him the most powerfull being in the story, like what the hell, and the worst thing is he publish his story in Spacebattle where wank story like that is no no no for the veteran member. Like what the hell! how the hell is papa bones more powerfull than outer-god, alien god etc
    Because you know overlord op-ness is work because ainz isekai to a weak world but this??? Yeah fork that, the logic is lose against the fanboy.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  5. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the SAO books have all sorts of bad writing, but the one thing that I do like is that Kawahara has acknowledged some of these problems and has promised to do better. It's honestly more than a lot of writers are willing to do, and while I don't think his writing will improve by much, it's still worth praising.

kenar and anon like this.
  6. Spnagi

Spnagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally the first time I saw sao, I loved it! Then I found that the Aincrad part was really short and not develloped.

Arc Aincrad

I like the ost
    Too bad, Kirito progresses too fast.
    How did Asuna become vice-captain.
    Sachi died in one episode, how do you want to focus on a character who dies so fast.

Arc Fairy

I like the ost this time too.

Nothing to say, it was not necessary to add a girl to the harem (from the family).
    And Leafa

" Seriously, you do not recognize your cousin, his avatar and his name strangely resembles those of real life. "

The new look of Kiroto is ugly, the boss of the season is shabby, the new powers of kirito are pitiful.

And finally, they forget to add stress, tension, there is a forced marriage, but kirito seems to forget that
    [/ spoiler]

Arc Gun gale online

The ost is really good everytime.
    I don't like gun fight, and new girl in the harem.
    But this season is better than the Fairy's Arc

Arc Excalibur

Good fight, I guess ?

Arc Mother Rosario.

My opinion.

There is nothing happening! I know what the story is about, I feel like a void.

And even though Konno Yuuki is my favorite character in Sao, I like her personnality, I love her special attack and even shed a tear on her death.

The anime should have put a touch of despair.

This is the big problem of harems, that's why we must avoid adding to each season.

7. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was the second season. The weird guy wanted to marry asuna even though she was still in a coma. Turned out he was responsible for her coma

8. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    This be called “over compensating”. Now that they’ve watched other anime, they’re embarrassed at how bad SAO is, so rather than sound like an idiot at having enjoyed and watched SAO when they didn’t know better, they’re over compensating, pretending SAO isn’t the steaming pile of Poo after all this time.
    :facepalm:

I have no problem admitting I watched and enjoyed. But dear FSM, Alfheim was SO bad!:mad:

9. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    light novel is meant to be read by young adult. :blobsmirk:

userunfriendly likes this.
  10. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, do you know that actually every part of "forced rape" scene in the LN is actually a real rape in the WN counterpart?

So, your virgin and pure heroines is actually broken goods KEKW

Empress Seven likes this.
  11. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This has an anime adaptation?

Nah, if there was, we men of culture would know like the Jedi sensing a disturbance in the Force.

12. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Srsly?

That would have had to have sent all the self-inserting virgin edgelords into fits of RAEG unless they were also beta cucks.

13. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Full disclosure: After Asuna, I also ship Kirito with Leafa.

14. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe it just happen that the SAO is the first anime they watch that gives the best experience ?
    placing it in a unforgettable, special place on their heart(like my first hentai XD)
    as for me after watching and reading many isekai and mmorpg themed stuff i can only give SAO a mediocre score of 5 at best.
    I suggest just leave them alone, and if some individual annoys you too much, just add one more name on the block list (lol)
    you like SAO and enjoy it, it doesnt mean you have to be buddy buddy with some mental just because you have the same interest

Havisu likes this.
  15. AntsCool

AntsCool Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Similar here but I don't look at anything on the internet about it because of the preaching, first arc is the only one I enjoyed and I am enjoying War of The Underworld so far but it's more for the completionist side of me than everything else.

kenar likes this.
  16. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Same with me :blobpats:

AntsCool likes this.
  17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the 2nd arc is the worst SAO arc.

That is simply the product of something going mainstream. And when that happens, you have 2 groups, the fans and the haters. Personally, I suggest not letting it get to you.

SAO at least 1st season and the previous season can be considered an isekai. What constitutes a different world? For all we know, our current world we live in is a simulation.

End of the day, I consider the following to be the difference between a game and an isekai. Does the MC live in that world, or does he take off his helmet at end of the day? If MC does not live in the world and just plays there, it is a game. If they live in said world, it is an isekai.

Well, it isn't false that SAO started the isekai trend. I am not saying SAO led to people writing isekai, it simply led to publishing studios to focus more on the isekai genre.

But in general, it isn't uncommon for people to say that. Every korean manga you go to that has an MC awaken powers, everyone keeps calling Solo Leveling clone. (even if many of them are older than solo leveling).

People just judge from their own narrow view. If you take a look even in our forums, if you ask what the first Isekai was, people will insist it is Mushoku Tensei despite it being obviously wrong by decades.

kenar likes this.