Discussion Why don't we have a motorcross inspired series?

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by shinobimike22, May 21, 2019.

1. shinobimike22

shinobimike22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

When super asurada was introduced I was like "holy macaroni, this is cool shit". And when Yaoi on Ice's MC landed his first triple axel or when tatara's ballroom piece started playing I'm like " Ok, So they can make these kind of sports very interesting huh.". But then Why do our sensei's in the industry haven't touch motorcross-kun?.

2. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    you must ask that to motocross company,

Sabruness likes this.
  3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean like a novel or just any kind of series :blobunsure:?

4. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple, if people lack of interest in outdoor activities, few new manga and anime will be made.

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, that is actually a flawless logic :hmm:
    Edit:
    It also explains all the isekai fad

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2019
    userunfriendly likes this.
  6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh they have... they have...

[​IMG]

Deleted member 155674 and raitei like this.
  7. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Best bet is looking for manga or anime from around 20 years go. After the advent 9f the smartphone, outdoor sports and activities took a nosedive. Then a few years there after so did the people that cared enough to read about such activities.

8. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    We were on track to getting there imo. We did racing then cycling. So next should be motorcross.

On an unrelated rant: **** mixing 3D and 2D. What a bloody turnoff. I was already watching Magi's Grandson for the hell of it but that ending in the latest episode reminded me of hentai.....don't judge me.

9. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Why? Well, it depends i guess. You can get a lot in if you go the 'girls doing it' route like GuP (tanks), Hanebado! (Badminton), HaruKana Receive (Beach Volleyball), Wanna Be The Strongest In The World (Pro Wrestling), Long Riders and Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitenshabu (Cycling) , Keijo! (gameshow style balance battles), Battle Athletes and Battle Athletes Victory (Track and Field/Athletics), Action Heroine Cheer Fruits (Sentai shows), Amanchu (Diving), Anima Yell (Cheerleading), Bakuon! (Motorcycles though not exactly a sport series itself), Hanayamata (traditional japanese dancing), Hinako Note (Theatre), Scorching Ping Pong Girls (Ping Pong), Two Car (Motocycle sidecar racing) and not to mention idol stuff and more fictional sports.

You can see where i'm going with this. The trend seems to be that if you want an anime of a particular sport, the easiest way is to do it with cute girls. That's not discounting stuff like Free! and Yuri on Ice! catering to the female market but there aren't many straight sports anime these days that dont use the 'cute girls' or 'ikemen' routes to help sell. I can probably only thing of maybe 3 at most

10. shinobimike22

shinobimike22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if motorcross gets into anime,manga, novel industry they should follow the mainstream shounen style or should I say "realistic shounen sports style" imo like how they did to haikyuu or diamond no ace and not kuroko ,eyeshield or prince of tennis.

11. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    As my earlier point made, these days unless it's a long standing series it doesnt seem likely that a 'realistic shounen sports style' story would be able to 'get up' and become popular enough to get big. That's not to say it's impossible but the trend is towards sports stories featuring either cute girls or bishies/ikemen. It's all about what will attract readers and sell.

shinobimike22 likes this.