Why Fan Translators Will Betray You

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Wujigege, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Analogies do not have to be perfect.
    Let's pretend that you are interested in actual discourse
    • A fan translator that has been pressured by the company can either stop translating or move to start translating for Webnovel. There are many examples. With all the Webnovel hate threads, those translators are looked at badly
    • When translators cannot cope with the speed of MTL translators and Webnovel, they quit, when they keep getting comments of people whining and asking why you cannot be fast like "MTL Otaku group"
    The analogy makes sense, it doesn't have to be a perfect one.
    You either stop being an enthusiast and jump ship or you shutdown.
    You either stop being a fan translator and jump ship or you shutdown

Seems like an okay analogy if you ask me

P.S I never mentioned the word "sellout", someone else did and I agreed that it is a good way to explain it too.
    Looking at your post, I think I can understand why you are saying what you said, but let's make something clear: I do not consider myself a fan translator. You can easily find posts of me specifically saying I am not a fan translator.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  2. Raphenox

Raphenox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad, I thought I didn't submit this. My browser doesn't update unless I hit refresh twice. I'm figuring this out now since I'm usually not on forums. Also, it wasn't supposed to be posted cause I never submitted it and I had found the comment that you were replying to. Again, it was cause I couldn't find the original comment. Feel free to leave and have fun reading.

3. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Just do what I did and put that person on your ignore list.
    It is not worth it

4. Raphenox

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, and at that point, it is no longer a fan translation and the person is no longer a fan translator. As soon as someone starts translating to earn money, they are a contractor, albiet, possibly a terrible one in the long run.

We mentioned this earlier in the thread about how the terminology he is using is incorrect or misinformed, but it seems to just fly by.

Nightow1 and Sephi-chama like this.
  5. Ushiyama Tatsuma

Ushiyama Tatsuma Devilish Judoka • Big Breeder ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Used to happen on some of my previous devices so no worries if that's the case.

6. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    You cant be betrayed if you saw it coming.

Roll_Safe_meme.jpg

Wujigege likes this.
  7. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm new to the forum side and already knew Wujigege is a rank 1 shit poster with an agenda. Hence the signature nose pick gif they use to sign off on things.

There's no point to try and counter what they're saying- they don't care. They have a script and agenda. Why not link post pictures of cats or doggos instead of trying to reply them?

[​IMG]

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Quick question: why do people who are getting things for free have so many demands, people can't be that shameless right?

9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Here you go, your first like :blob_patpat:

10. yserieh

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you.

[​IMG]

11. Raphenox

Reading List:
    Link
    Boo... I'm on the ignore list... fun time over
    One of two things, either he ignores me or quiets down. I've seen plenty of posts like these way before novels were even a thing. Gamefaq use to be my favorite place to find such people. I do it when I'm bored. It's fun.

Nightow1 likes this.
  12. yserieh

Reading List:
    Link
    This entire thread can be re-named "Why [BLANK] will betray you". It's not like publishing or professional/business websites have ever closed before. Reddit is the place to go if you wanna engage with people like him.

Things to look for quality shit posters: Buzzwords, concepts they cite but incorrectly apply or assert, cheeky images, ignoring counter points by obtuse word salads that don't actually rebut anything, and a clear agenda.

I give him a solid 8/10 for quality shit posting and rustling jimmies. It's good to see others try to engage him so he's not openly dealing his trade without others trying to educate others who may take him serious.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Nightow1 likes this.
  13. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    People who get things for free are considered Half-Beggars (if you are offended, phaq u). Some Beggers have no shame which allows them to speak up and ask for more free things (these animals are Shameless-Beggars). Some are even worse and pick only things that they want or are beneficial to them and complain about the other features or content. These same beggars may even DEMAND free labour and product at some point in time (these are Ungrateful-Beggars). Beyond these cretin are Salty-Beggars. Salty-Beggars don't recieve what they want so they become saboteurs.

Far from these filth we have our original group of Half-Beggars. These monkeys are not begfars at all. Some are By-Chance-Opportunists and others are Respectful-Leeches. What both have in common is intellect and decency.

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobjoy:
    Hahaha that was a nice laugh, seeing someone say I am an arse to my readers and accusing me of fake news was astounding to say the least.
    Proof that the person isn't a reader on my website.
    Then again, if not bowing to threats and insults and translating novels for people to read makes me an arse then I am guilty as charged.
    I wish I can be successful with subtitles, unlike these novels that I consider crap, I actually enjoy dramas.
    I have been speaking to a subber so hopefully I don't fail this time, I probably need to partner with a company to survive though.
    I am too much of a miser to pay to get Video Girl Mai completely subbed :blobsweat:

Disgusting likes this.
  15. Raphenox

Reading List:
    Link
    IMO, some people in our society feel entitled to things. It's how they grew up and perceive the world. The most disgusting person I met to date was an adult woman who believed the general populace should pay for her vacation... she was my sister's roommate. Completely whacked.

Disgusting likes this.
  16. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Gl, I know people don't like your business oriented thinking, but i know ur a good person morally. I laugh when i see the threads you make to stir up drama.

17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I know my strengths, I will never pick up the language and translate and get accepted by "the crowd" besides after a few months of starting a translation website, I discovered that readers should not be the priority but translators.
    You can focus on kissing readers' asses but with no content, you fail.
    Besides, I have always found it very satisfying to create jobs.

18. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Those are the worst type of girls. She's the type to file for alimoney and divorce shortly after marraige. Somehow she'd also probably win.

19. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, he has said and done things in this forum I disagree with and have debated or called him out on.
    He has also said things that I agree with or changed my perspective on some things.

Even though we all know the place from which a lot of his threads come from it is still important to get that viewpoint and to discuss it. Right or wrong should only be determined after discussion and not assumption so I'm all for these threads from him.

If nothing else they can get pretty fun at times. (y)

20. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just remember that fan translators have picked up God of Cooking, a novel that Wuji DROPPED! All hail fans!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.