Discussion Why, foreigners or ppl that live abroad feels justified, when they said " in abroad we can do this "

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Adislt2, Mar 13, 2019.

1. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, this kind of thing doesn't bother me much as long as they don't force their ideals into other person. After all, we are also foreigner in their eyes. As long as they don't bother other people or break any laws it's fine for them to do their own things.

For the sex before marriage things, I came from a pretty conservative family so IImostly agreed with this. Though if they both are serious in their relationship I think it's fine, but if it's only done for fun I can't agree with it.

For the bikini things, that would be according to TPO. If it's in a beach in a country that is normal to wear bikini in a beach or in a beach that is specifically designed for western tourist then it's fine. If it's in a country where it isn't the norm, please don't. Though I will not stop you, but don't blame us if they all stared at you like some kind of alien that washed ashore.

For alcohol stuff... Well, as long as you're not minor and your religion doesn't forbid it, then drank all you want. I don't really care if you are trying to wreck your liver. I mean smoking that harms people more isn't even banned, why should you prohibited from drinking? Just don't bother people.

As for religious, race, cultural comment thing. I for one is a fan of black jokes, as long as it used in the context of a joke and nothing serious it's fine. Making hate speech and comment against certain religion and race is a big no though. You can even get jailed in some country because of it. Because surprise, "free speech" doesn't mean you can create race/religious war across the nation because of it.

2. MostlyBlue

MostlyBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

3. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobokhand:

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    culture clash eh?
    fumu quite classic problem
    as cat who live on country which have so many diversity on culture and lucky enuf taste some part of it, consist of conservative, moderate and extreme or fundamentalist cats (those who quite stubborn on tradition on bad bad way) I can say it really depend on education system, influence and or how good it is on whole country level~ it related to how open minded cats toward "foreign culture", how they see their own culture and how they adapt as time pass

next let's move toward this thread question why "foreigner" feel justified toward their opinion?
    because of their education, culture and common sense have some different compare with local one
    that's all
    is it bad or good? depend~ case to case

now the problem lay on how both reach compromise I guess
    how they can reach that? think yourself I have no obligation to give solution

why teen like to copy foreign(mainly western on this case) culture?
    cuz they think it is cool or better than local culture~
    the reason cuz their lack of understanding toward their own culture, foreign culture or their own culture somehow abuse cat right or cat "freedom" according to kitten logic~
    how to prevent such thing?
    well it mean you need to understand your own culture from 3 point of view
    • logic
    • philosophy
    • faith or religion I guess depend on yourself just regard it as bonus point~
    then you can start preach I mean educate those kitten what good and what bad from your culture compere with "foreign culture"

it also stand for cat who live or plan to live outside their country so not become butthurt when you see culture on new place

oh this cat quite good on this kind of thing ya know~
    CG3_SD02a.jpg

being adult is bothersome~
    19637.png

Clozdark likes this.
  5. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an alien so it's hard for me to conform to human's culture here. Back then in my hometown, we eat human. :cookie::cookie:

Lonelycity likes this.
  6. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Try to understand how thing came to be before spouting off. North Korea in example they have to really balance off their capability that their lands and natural resources provided them with to produce both arms and daily necessity like foods, etc. They're under sanctions and most industrial tooling would be hard to import not to mention most of the industrial material as well. Just keep in mind to try to get understanding on how things went to be and why before spouting something. That's the problem for most of the time with foreigners.

Clozdark likes this.
  7. Adislt2

Adislt2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i agree to it too, honestly what make me really sad is I'm a teacher and to see future generations especially students get influenced by negative aspect of culture that they saw in movie or socmed is very heart breaking, even there's a news of elementary school students dating and act like how adult dating, and that's make me really sad

8. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Children come around imo.... I mean the ones who are rebelling and embrace ‘foreign culture’(?) often grow on to become adults who have a love for their own culture.... it’s mostly the circle of life imo...

You’ll be surprised to know that many of the grumpy old gen conservatives of today used to embrace all sorts of new culture in their young age... I’ll call it a phase.

9. Doomr

Doomr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What country are you from? It sounds highly conservative or religious because I don’t see a problem with bikini swimsuits, alcohol, or sex outside of marriage. :hmm:

10. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for being a teacher. I agree it's hard to see elementary school students acting so 'adult' when they are still very much children. They should be playing and having fun. Soon they start to have issues with how they look. In reality I think most cultures have similar problems. I'm not going to blame TV or movies. I saw similar stuff as a child but never copied it. I think a lot of the responsibility lies with the families of the children. If a four year old girl sees her mother, older sister or neighbor putting on makeup, having dating issues, or being worried about their body. I feel children are more likely to pick up the behaviors of those around them. I'm not saying some kids will not copy what they see on TV but in general kids copy the people around them. It's older kids around highschool and college that copy things from other places as they learn about themselves and who they want to be in the future. Some kids start in middle school these are the annoying know-it-all kids..

kenar likes this.
  11. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I really envy certain foreigners. Everything is expensive in my country. Taxes, taxes and more taxes! So much taxes! I can't stand it anymore!

kenar likes this.
  12. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you think west was always so "free", it used to be way more conservative but then rock and roll rebellion and whatnot happened.
    Basically people understood that they're being opressed by nonsencical rules and traditions and slowly over the years they got the to freely do stuff that should've been free and normal in the first place.
    You are conservative as a result of your backwards country. I mean do you even hear what you're saying? "overly individualistic" what you want people to be slaves bowing before some made up divine power used to control the sheeple? What's your country? I suddenly have the urge to come and blaspheme the whole place with sex and alchocol. Must be the devil within me.

13. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They dont seem to understand the saying "When in Rome do as the Roman's do*