Why I’m going to play Xcom:Enemy Within again...

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Nov 17, 2019.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/728011-xcom-enemy-within/68630134

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Also, I want to post on YouTube my secret...

If you hack in opportunist and sentinel into a squad sight sniper with a Plasma sniper and In The Zone, and use Archangel armor, you’ve done something really evil. During a council bomb disposal, I raised her to top level, and put her on overwatch. I then deactivated the bomb...

On the enemy turn when about 10 Thin Men drop down, the combination of In The Zone and Sentinel gave me...unlimited shots!

Bang!
    Bang!
    Bang!( me:WTF!)
    Bang! (me: DAFUQ!)
    Bang! (me: is there something wrong with the game?!)
    Bang! (me: oh...Sentinel and In The Zone!)
    Bang!( :eek: )
    Bang! ( :ROFLMAO: )
    Bang!

Outa ammo.:D

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    They should turn it into an MMORPG :hmm:

userunfriendly likes this.
  3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer xcom 2/war of the chosen, but if there's one thing I really miss about enemy unknown and enemy within it's how much smoother the game runs... There's just way too many annoying cut scenes and fancy shit that puts my poor old pc into overdrive whenever I play wotc

Edit: After reading that gamefaqs post, how unusual that the % damage reduction is first and the flat damage reduction is after. Usually it's the opposite.

Though I guess the developers never considered that someone would intentionally try to get lower HP from hidden potential instead of more since that's just way too counter-intuitive.

4. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is why I love this squinty exploit so.:D

5. Bitty Kitty

Bitty Kitty Innocence ~ Purity ~ Hint of Soap!

Reading List:
    Link
    Bitty Kitty saunters in looking for a place to nap.

6. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don’t nap on the Plasma Rifles...I know they’re toasty warm, but you might get elerium poisoning...

Your fur would fall out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphynx_cat

:eek::ROFLMAO:

7. Bitty Kitty

Bitty Kitty Innocence ~ Purity ~ Hint of Soap!

Reading List:
    Link
    :eek:

Bitty Kitty scampers away suddenly wide awake.

8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Cats have to be careful in Xcom base...Dr. Vahlen is always looking for test subjects...(tentacles!) and Dr. Chen’s staff would think it funny to give you cybernetic legs...:facepalm:

Stick to the troop sectors and you’ll be ok. :cookie: They’ll feed you...military rations, but some of it is ok.:p

PS: if you’ve been wondering where I got my tentacles, I got caught by Dr. Vahlen.:cry:

Bitty Kitty likes this.
  9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    After some thought, I’ve developed a way to make Zhang and Durand into an Uber telepaths. The cheat I’m using edits the ini files...using the same trick I’ll be using to create my cockroach like Mech trooper, I’m going to defer any boosts to the Heavy class until Captain. My troops get the MAX boosts possible via Hidden Potential and Not Created Equally. They’re just the best they could be...this is NOT cheating!!!:rolleyes::whistle:

One of the problems in editing Hidden Potential and Not Created Equally is the drastic head start in comparison to Zhang and Durand. Durand Starts as a Sargent. Zhang starts as a lieutenant. And Heavy class has always been pathetic in stats anyhow. But by deferring any boosts provided by leveling up, Zhang and Durant will be allowed to catch up. Besides, Heavy has rotten shooting skills. With their higher Will stats they’re going to use psionics as their primary attack. This of course is in line with the Heavy abilities to debuff aliens. :eek:

A lot of bother...but I like Zhang. And Durand. Ex-Triad, former experiment subject, they’re just too cool. :D

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019