Discussion Why is MGA so popular?!

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by birdboy01, Jun 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. birdboy01

birdboy01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read damn near 3000 chapters of MGA, and I swear I should've stopped but kept going causing of my investment. Is that why it's popular? Honestly the novel is just straight up trash due to a few reasons.

1. THE PLOT IS REDUNDANT AS FUCK. From the Nine Provinces and Holy Land of Martial, to the Lower and Upper Realms. The plot repeats, no variation.
    2. Overuse of Cliches. This is a part of the plot redundancy, it's always a young master being insulted. A clan or sect annihilated, and that one "peerless beauty". Don't forget that one strongest person in the younger generation.
    3. Younger Generation. So when does our buddy become part of the older generation? We're always stuck dealing with a plot-line revolving around the younger generation.
    4. MC Talent and Prowess. The MC has a bloodline mixture of his father and his mother. He's more talented than his father, yet he struggles. This struggle has prominent since the beginning stages of his journey. So why the fuck are these filler cast be shitting on our MC?
    5. Side Characters. Don't get me started... just the harem itself is damn headache. His first two sweethearts had no talent, they get possessed and god knows where the fuck there at. Somehow they'll be stronger than our MC. His other sweetheart trained with his father (why the fuck his father didn't train his own son?) and she too disappeared to god knows where.
    6. The MC himself. Chu Feng is a straight up uber dickhead. He was a total badass in the Nine Provinces but afterwards he fell off.
    7. The MC Father. His father is a super dickhead, with his dumb decision making. He wasted years of his son talent in a wasteland world, instead of supporting his foundation. Now his son has to play fucking catch-up against scrubs all damn time.
    8. There's always a higher world. I punched a wall a few times for this cliche. Our MC is strong in the area, OH WAIT. This place is the backwater place of this location. But wait! This location is also the weakest location of that location. Oh wait! This realm is the weakest realm. Really?

There's a few more but I hope you understand the gist of my complaints with the novel.

Poorboy, tkwhite08, Zeraphin and 3 others like this.
  2. polokoi

polokoi TVPropaganda

Reading List:
    Link
    just because, so simple

3. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't have to be great to be popular, it just needs to be fast and frequent without being overtly offensive to too many people

4. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's because it's build the way it is. Start of the novel is fairly good, wish fulfillment, beauties everywhere, action packed. Basically all the good stuff. So you read, you read, and you read. Suddenly you notice that the plot is basically the same, every 100-200 chapters you'll see something you've seen before, but you still like the novel so you hope it gets better later. Then, you find out it don't, and you're already way too deep (as you said) to drop it now, so you might as well keep going.

5. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    Popular? Maybe in China. Here it's a joke of a story we make fun of for how trash it is.

6. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its the same for other popular novels out there, because of sh*t and giggles

7. Vyren

Vyren Version 3.33

Reading List:
    Link
    Another poor soul who cashed all in only to get nothing out

Bad Storm likes this.
  8. Mantrazz

Mantrazz The Lord Upgrade D Biggest Baddest Spammer Around

Reading List:
    Link
    Against the gods without the comedy

9. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    Do not invest. Pull out.

10. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    It's already amazing you had already read around 3000 chapters. I dropped it when it was around 1500 chapters for some reason, I forgot why but I don't really care.

I'm the type that only read based on the mood. I don't have it to read MGA, maybe that's the reason why? I'm not sure

11. birdboy01

birdboy01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm already in the sunken place

12. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    lol I only read it up to around chapter 300... that time it was still being translated by the initial translator (cant remember the guy name... (the first chapter of ATG was translated by him too)

xianxia type novels was novelty at that time so there was a lot of ppl reading it. I stopped after seeing the loop going on around 5-6 times.

actually, most of the "new" novels being translated follows the same plot.

if you are using series ranking, you should change to "activity" instead of popular, there are at least a hundred novels in my "readlist" that I think wil ever read, but too lazy to clean it.

13. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Here I was about to educate you about the greatness of an Early published translation and to not underestimate dedicated readers who read just cause it's what they read when the translation scene was just starting, as an of reader myself.... But turns out I've read hella less than you with a measly 800+ of mga down. I can't imagine going to 3k for a junk read like MGA. Hell I haven't touched it in almost 2 yrs.

14. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Because there is "Raep", you see most MC not dare to"peRa" but Chu Feng does. People say hate "Repa" but they didn't know that majority who love "apeR" still silently watching..... well this is just random idea, maybe after witness the "epaR" people enraged and wish seeing Chu Feng got agony punishment... :hmm: wait maybe it was called heavenly retribution:hmm:

15. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz we want a harem who likes us for who we are

16. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted the harem, I read 600+ chaps. I got tired of my harem either being left behind for 200 chapters, forgotten, or kidnapped(which happened again where I left off).

Honestly idk how mga stayed so popular. He's right that it grows old, he tolerated it wayyy longer than I could tho.

17. Pedram

Pedram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    some ppl used to called it Martial Rapist Asura, tho recently it seems it's changed to Martial Dickless Asura :blobrofl:

Fortunately, I never read it at all ! Since I check both Review and ask ppl about a novel before starting it, and MGA gave me a lot of bad point.

all the repetitive stuff and his harems going missing and him raping girls that weren't really directly even trying to kill him
    ( like i heard he rape a girl just coz her sect was enemy with him and he wanted to punish the sect or humiliate them ... )
    I don't drop a novel just coz it got rape, i try to measure it's usage, but MGA's and a lot others, leave a bad taste in my mind so i avoid them.
    I also absolutely hate MC's who become enemy with someone just coz of some verbal insult or annihilate a whole clan just coz that 1 guy from that clan talk bad with him ... like wtf.

so yeh, i never picked it up at all and as more new chaps show up and i hear more, I am sure i did the right decision lol.

18. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because the story is amazing

MGA is also popular outside china

you can see the patreon to see how many people pledge to see the popularity

i also still waiting for the stack chapters so i can read it althogether

20. Desydesu

Desydesu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why I laughed so hard reading this :blobrofl:
    A lot of MC always be junior wherever he goes..

Actually, I'm wondering too, why this novel so popular even though it's trash..
    And you read till near 3000 chapter? You sure have perseverance..