Why is politics banned?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by defry, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salokin

Salokin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep that RL stuff outside please. We can't stay civil over who is the superior waifu, or whether tsundere or yandere is the most offensive stereotype, what makes you think topics so complex they deal with the entire world are going to be addressed with any sort decorum.

2. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    Nuf is a world domination tool, and talking about politics might draw some people here who could ruin tonys master plan.

3. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are so many other places where you can discuss politics. Why does it have to be here? How is it even related?

Boricua Lunar likes this.
  4. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    because when politics are involved some of these asshats get way too heated up and start getting annoying as fuck and neither Lord Tony nor the mods can stand their toxicity so now its banned. You shoulda seen how it used to be in the old days kid, threads were on fire with all the damn flames being thrown out. Curses thrown this way and that, death threats issued at every other sentence....twas naught but murder and mayhem everywhere you looked.

AMissingLinguist and AliceShiki like this.
  5. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    How about you post this in Something Awful Forums, they love talking politics there.

6. nehpets747

nehpets747 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

7. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Chaos is fun, chaos is freedom and chaos is the challenge that we humans need to grow and develop. As my point was, "hostility", arguments is part of this forum. You cannot go to a single post and not find a single person arguing, being a total troll or saying some of the most idiotics things. Basically, chaos is part of this forum and I have yet to see a forum without any sort of chaos, hostility or arguments. For example, let's see if we discuss who is the best waifu or shot, I bet there is "no hostility" there, am I right?

2. It is very suitable for this forum. In fact, this forum does not only discuss "novels". The argument is plain idiotic if you ignore there is a general section, movies, music and so on. You can basically discuss anything here, except politics? People discuss NTR, bestiaility, incest, yaoi, yuri and canibals and all sort of cancer.

3. Rules are made for the people by the people. I am not complaing and I am neither whining. I found few topics that were about politics and it was really fun to watch all sort of opinions and reactins. It was interesting because there were all sorts of people on this site. So, I found it fun and I wanted to have more fun. If this site did not have people who had some funny ideas or interesting views, I would have not cared if "politics were banned" but if the people here had some interesting views, why restrain that?
    Rules can be changed, this is about the discussion of those so called rules. Basically, am I not allowed to discuss those rules? Is there a rules where it says, rules cannot be discussed?

8. Elawn

Elawn 『Binge Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    You only need to look at the QI debate to know the answer man.

AliceShiki and ninish like this.
  9. Xiongace101

Xiongace101 Monkey

Reading List:
    Link
    in b4 lock got locked b4 could do this with the equality thread was gonna post but then parth locked it som 30ish seconds b4 i could finish posting :blobwoah::blobwoah:

10. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they want a haven.

11. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Watching thread to measure Parth's reaction time. So far kinda slow... 28 mins and counting. :blobconfused:

I was interested in this question too and a lot of people have answered my question regarding why it isn't allowed.

I agree with them that the majority(not all) of people online are too immature to handle actual discussions without outright dismissing other opinions as being stupid or downright idiotic.

So in a sense this thread has cleared up some of my doubts. This thread was useful. Thanks OP for charging ahead and taking the bullet for me. :blobhero:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  12. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    BAN HAMMER !!!!!! :mad:
    BAN HAMMER !!!!!!:blobdevil:
    BAN HAMMER !!!!!!:blobangel:
    BAN HAMMER !!!!!!:blobhero:
    BAN HAMMER !!!!!!:blobtriumph:

13. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  14. Ogagon

Ogagon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because there's 4chan!

15. checkman123

checkman123 [Nez] [The Bystander][RAWR FEAR ME]

Reading List:
    Link
    ... i thought this is common sense .-.

doomeye1337 likes this.
  16. maskhara

maskhara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    politics is fundamentally negative. one mans gain is anothers loss and given the regional and ethnic diversity of the reader base im quite certain that something some of us find to be perfectly fine and just others probably consider the worst thing since Auschwitz. the beauty of politics is that two people can be on opposite sides of a debate and also be perfectly justified in their positions.... therefore talking about politics for talkings sake is about as effective as giving a donkey a pedicure.

alexfilia likes this.
  17. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I do not get your point. Anything that is related to "humans", cannot be 100% objective... humanities, things that deal with humans cannot be 100% objective. It is practically impossible, only in science you can and have to be 100% objective.
    Also, I criticized another because the content... I stated few points which is why I consider Oliver as a person that has no credibility as it is mostly propaganda and ignores a lot of logic, such as advantages, disadvantages of a issue.

Not everyone is you.
    Well, that's my point. There are plenty of other cancerous things and things that people get really malicious about. There is plenty of hostility there, so i was wondering why politics when there are other things involved?
    I used the equality as an example. I was not the OP of that "equality" post.

Some people argued that they need a "haven" but can they not have a haven by simple not going to the "politics" section, if there was one? The same way, I am not interesting in "movies".. I have no reason to go there.

18. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    It usually becomes a shitfest

19. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason has already explained.
    Whether you want to accept it or not, it's up to you. Politic and religion will remain banned in this forum.

20. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Chaos is fun? Well obviously the guy who wrote the rules don't share your sentiment.
    One thing you get wrong is that most of those discussions are going to end with like "your waifu is shit" or "you're a cuck" or "stop fucking dogs" or "that shit's gay" etc while as you can see with politics, shit got people punched in the face irl for having different opinions. You might argue, well no one actually knows each other on this forum so no one gonna be threaten. Well, remember that someone actually killed some people over video game. It only takes on retard for that to happen .
    There's really nothing fun or funny about politics. You're taking things too lightly, yeah someone's opinions might be interesting. But most of the time it's going to end up being a hostile ones.

Arbelbyss and AliceShiki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.