Question Why is the romance in I Eat Tomatoes's novels always so forced?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Slief, Jul 3, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Slief

Slief Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I got nothing against romance but the romance in IET's novels are always so forced. Only Swallowed Star and Desolate Era can be excused and thats because Swallowed Stars female lead was a long crush since highschool and Desolate Eras female lead swooped in when the Mc was in an emotional state but right now I'm reading stellar transformations and when the MC sees (who I am presuming to be the female lead from my experience with IET's novels" when he sees her for the first and stares at her apparently "a tinge of affection is born in the depth of his heart" like bro wtf? U just saw her for the first time and u guys ain't even talked yet. I almost dropped it had it not been and IET novel.

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  2. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IET novels are overrated...

3. Slief

Slief Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ye but the fantasy and action + decent plot. Other chinese novels are too forced and jp and kr novels just suck so what can I do.

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  4. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read some Mao Ni novels then.
    I read enough chinese novels, now I am once again moving over to Japanese novels

asriu and UnknownSaint171 like this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a long time since I read it so I can't exactly recall this line, but if she's really the female lead, then it makes a lot of sense for reasons I can't explain without going deep into spoiler territory. My advice would be to consider it a foreshadowing and not be too hasty in judging. :facepalm:

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  6. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this means, damn she looks good, lowkey want to pursue her. In face of physical beauty, he is weak

7. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's spoiler territory for sure. But there's a reason and it isn't random love at first sight so that's there at least....

Dr_H_16 and otaku31 like this.
  8. Slief

Slief Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have a lot of patience for Mao Ni novels, but I don't like the face slapping young master novels either so IET novels are the in-between perfect balance for me like the Salt pH scale y'know. I once read Ze Tian Ji and barely finished it, skipped most of it too then I tried nightfall but I straight up dropped it at like chapter 100

Dr_H_16 likes this.