Discussion Why most of 5 start novels about BL stories??

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Golden coral, Nov 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden coral

Golden coral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys.. I'm here to fill a complain to dark author out there.

Here my problem!
    (my English is broken so please don't mind it to much and focus on the point please! I'm still learning don't broke my little ♥ )

I'm not really into a movie/film/ or drama well basically not into "watching something" so all of my time fills up with reading novels (myopia upgrade otw)

I already read many novels so far and mostly whenever I make decisions about starting to read new books I will pick them up from the best ratting and recommend novel.
    I enjoy many tipe of genre ( I'm not picky :) #proud) .... I label my self as normal readers with bottom line not be a cross reader (you know Bl and Yuri)

But!! MY problem started here!!!!!!
    I lack of good qualities novel..
    I'm hate novel with stupid MC..
    (It's oke to be dense, innocent or part of Mary sue family but please!!! Please!! don't trow away your brain out of the window and start to narcissist!!) sorry.. Back to the point..
    So most of the recommendations with good start and classify as "normal" in novel updates aready on my plat..
    But but BUT!!! You kno.. I discovered something Big!!!!
    many of 5 novel ARE BL!!!! Ahhh what a corrupt world it this!!!

The good reviews novel with full stars in the bored day really tempting OKE!!! Hiks
    I'M HOLDING MY SELF..
    I'm not curious!! Yess I'm not!! I told you I'm not.. I don't mind gay people and know few of them in real life (who I'm I to judge people!! and that was personal preference) but when it comes to my reading world, I'm claim my self as straight person... I prefer to avoid BL stories expecially yaoi that have XX boy with boy.. I still found it cute when boy have teasing interactions with each other but not cute anymore when it's XX time.. It's just make me so uncomfortable.. I don't mind the souls tho hehehee at least it have differen physical gender... My compromise about "soul matters" come because I find genre with "gender bender" tag so funny and amusing

Well I have to say I fall to dark side quite smooth.. I think

Start with unexpected good novel with gender bender tag at first.. What it called.. If not wrong it called "Reborn as My Love Rival Wife" (I'm bad at remembering name and title) .. yess.... this one of my staring point to my down fall of straight girl mind
    I start to read that novel because I find the ratting unexpected 5 at the time and have good reviews... With bored mind I think it oke cause that technically it still boy x girl.. Right??? Heh heeee
    after I finish it.... Unexpectedly I want more.. And I discovered "Half Prince" with gender bender tag... That one are old nevel and aready complete too.. It funny and amusing... With that more and more gender bender fill my plate..
    Well I officially playing in the "Grey area" which are disgust as "gender bender" tag

The last step off my straight mind fall down when I found myself enjoying BL novel.... Hahahaha YES.. It was yaoi novel. I will never forget the first novel ever that changes my world values that Damn novel was " Heroic Death Sistem" ha ha haaa... (it not complete tho)

It my little secret that going with me until I die
    .. I enjoy reading yaoi novel... hahahaa although sometimes I still struggle and feel complicated about that genre!!! :/
    I also feel bad when I found my self enjoy reading my bias and my idol fanfic.. I feel sorry for them, my little heart and my innocent mind.. But.. BUT.. That not my fault I enjoy it... It was author fault!!! ... Who told them to write good stuff with that tag... I'm just random people that unexpectedly fall into the trap...

Anyways
    I miss my innocent heart...
    Dear author out there... Can you please stop make BL with good stories?? I can't help myself if you guys do that...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Vesica, Killgore and Klazy Labbit like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's cuz the world is rotten to the core! :blobspearpeek:

LiLi041, TXHY, Killgore and 1 other person like this.
  3. Klazy Labbit

Klazy Labbit Peko peko peko~

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow this is so relatable. My experience went the same way and while I couldn't bring myself to read yaoi or even shounen ai, I did read yuri and gender bender which I never thought I would.

4. Nikko Anderson

Nikko Anderson The Second Apprentice of The Fourth Librarian

Reading List:
    Link
    I found a pretty nice culivation story, later found out it is a shounen ai... still follow it.

5. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    BL novels are actually good! If people don't have a problem with the BL part, they will be amazed at the Good plot and good writing! The only reason I read BL is because the plot is good, The relationship is so wholesome and NO DOG BLOOD DRAMA ( At least for the novels I have read). All this seems like an excellent novel to me. and also I am a bit rotten but who cares for that! The main point is how good the novels are!!

Even I love Heroic Death System - The amount of times I have reread it while waiting for new updates is not less.

6. Passerby

Passerby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, it is that people with no interest in BL and Yuri will avoid a series without even reading it.

On the other hand other novels will always get readers that don't like the story. For example, a light hearted isekai comedy could be blasted for no obvious growth in the characters. Or how psychological novels get blasted for being too slow paced, because the author is trying to show us why/how the character's thinking changed

7. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    When y'all can start reading BL without reservations, they will start to get more statistically relevant ratings.

Hanten, applebeans, Vesica and 2 others like this.
  8. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused here, what do you want? why are you complaining that BL stories are good? you should be complaining that your type of genre stories aren't good and block out things you don't like. I'm a comfortable straight person who has no preference for any genre and can read any type of story. Sadly only good novels at this site is BL, I am hoping for more quality GL/BG story.
    and from your writing style I think of some teenager who is appalled by anything. Maybe you should just blacklist the tags, maybe?

9. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Because bias is a big thing. Most normal people will avoid BL and never get the chance to read it and rate it, while people who read them are probably already in love with the genre, therefore the ratings are expected to be inflated, regardless of the quality.

10. Golden coral

Golden coral Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YESS you right!!! (I never thought about that before) so basically the BL/Yaoi/Yuri tag it self becomes the filter and scare "normal" ppl rights? Cause it works for me "before"

Oh friend!! Can we have a little joke here?? Sorry to confuse you.. Huff oke.. That just my story how I fall in love and enjoy BL stories... So my conclusion are in the tittle :)

#nohardfeelings

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2020
  11. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first rule is that you shouldn't expect anything from the ratings. They are pretty much entirely useless for gauging the quality of a particular book so you shouldn't use it for that purpose.

That said, I don't read BL novels but I do find myself reading a lot of GL novels. Not so much because I find anything particularly compelling about lesbian romance but more because of the way these books handle characters. I just like books with female protagonists and good female characters. When I read Chinese these are just not that easy to find and GL novels are one place I can find them. Weirdly, harem novels are the other main place even though they (usually) don't have female protagonists.

12. EllaRiverLynx

EllaRiverLynx Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember when a non-yaoi-reading friend of mine first read Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation, his first complaints were not about the yaoi at all but about:
    1. too many names
    2. too much politics
    And he eventually liked it. I'm glad he was able to go beyond the bias.

To others who wanted a good story and are afraid of BL papapa scenes then just try reading these:
    1. Heaven Official's Blessing - A fallen god ascends to the heavens once again, but this time, he will learn more about himself and the world around him from a newly-founded unlikely friendship. There are hints here and there, but the politics, suffering and world building will distract you.
    2. Dinghai Fusheng Records - A young hero is on literal limited time and had to work with an unwilling Protector to save the world

applebeans and Killgore like this.
  13. Subline Act

Subline Act 『 The Only Son 』Cuddly Being ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty much an open-minded person since I was a child [I searched internet back then and been expose to all R-18 contents :p - primarily because I don't get why some tv drama had a scene of 2 lovers (obviously man and a woman) kissed each other and boom! the woman is pregnant. :eek: and I DON"T GET IT, IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE cause I do sometimes see my mom and dad do it but mom never became pregnant... :cautious: sigh my innocent mind, too much curiosity lead me to it :whistle:

So I don't really care nor I judge if they are gay or lesbian or not. I just placed them in a group of love bonding peeps. I do sometimes ship for them but let's be real the (religious) society doesn't like it.

Well if your curious, I was 10yrs old when I decided to learn the TRUTH :sneaky:

14. Killgore

Killgore Barely existing

Reading List:
    Link
    TGCF !! MY FAVOURITE NOVEL!!!

15. Vesica

Vesica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed reading this, OP.

16. applebeans

applebeans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. It's nice that you eventually enjoyed it. It's not a sin to enjoy reading something, whether you're straight or rotten or whatever is not determined by your reading list. After all so many of us read harem or murder, but we don't become gengis khans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.