Discussion Why people hate on YC from ATG?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Emissary Nouvelle, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Emissary Nouvelle

Emissary Nouvelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know he's kind of a dic for brains but honestly he's one of the most realistic male characters present in novels excluding his cheats but every mc has cheats.

Teenagers with hormones, and even men in their early twenties will always be some pervy horny monsters. Acting like a sage and ignoring women or being a dense mc is very impractical unless they have some f*cked up past like child abuse etc which most of them don't.

A lot haters call him Trash Che but I don't see it, he's by far one of the most bareable mcs since the rest are borderline sages with masterful self control who are hypocrites who act like they are normal men but when it comes down to it they flake and act like toddlers.

I'm not saying he's the best or the most normal across all novels but he is for cultivation novels. The authors set up a world ruled by strength obviously someone who is an mc would attract a lot of females based on the world setting. However the dense or sage like teenagers and twenty year olds with the self control of a 90 year old man all don't act like they pose as the thing called hormones at all. I wonder if puberty exists in cultivation novels...because their character descriptions include the hot blooded youth with reckless mistakes and all the other aspects of young men but all screw up romance wise. It's also impossible for romanticism to not exist unless the world was all male....wait scratch that unless humans are asexual or don't pose as genitals in their world.

Talking about realism in fiction is questionable but without some amount of.realism the novels would be absurd like the fake teenagers we see in novels, to a greater extent imagine if the characters didn't have names, or they didn't have heads, didn't have the concept of walking, or eating, or traveling.

Well I could be wrong and they dislike che just off vibes and fakeness which is totally understandable. I read this novel with a realistic teen with his first crush and he was OBSESSED with the girl although she was uppity, realism or not I didn't like her so I dropped.

But it's not like I would go out of my way to.scream on platforms about how much of a bich she is but I guess this all.circles back to the topic of haters taking their jobs seriously and going out of their way to insult and crap on novels instead of dropping and moving on.

2. abhijeet619

abhijeet619 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People hate him because of the inconsistency of his character (which is author's fault).During the illusory demon realm arc he was able to unveil the plot just by hints and his face slapping was truly great.But during the ROG and crimson calamity arc he became soooooo dumb.The author makes him stupid or smart for the convenience of the plot.So people hate YC I think.

Nightow1 likes this.
  3. Haevrus

Haevrus No.1 Incognito Webuser

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because he is kinda inconsistent. And various people like different versions of Yun Che. Some like the Old Yun Che. Some like the Smooth Che, the seducer sage. Some like Edgy Che or Dark Che or maybe even Smart Che. Some like the Massacre Che, Rage Che. So when their character deviates from the image of the character they believe in. Then they kind of dislike it, after emotionally investing so much in it.

4. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    He gains more notoriety because the novel is more popular compared to most CN novels. Not to say he's worse or better than your average cultivation novels MC, I'm just saying that it doesn't really matter. It is still on the level of trash without substance.

6. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause he's trash

7. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    simple....he gets all the beauties....while the haters r all loners in the basement.....

8. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a piece of trash, two faced hypocrite retard, who thinks with his dick and doesn't really care about family. And in actuality he's simply the author's puppet.

9. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's mostly the fault of the author, his characterization swings too wildly and a lot of the situations he is involved in is too much Deus Ex Machina like how all the aliases he chooses somehow happens to be the name of someone famous that is a master in the field he is impersonating. And of course how generic the writing is, like, how many times had he needed to screw a female to "save" her?