Why [Petition to Ban Qidian Pick Up Requests] is pointless

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kobatochandaisuki, Feb 16, 2019.

?

Is [Petition to Ban Qidian Pick Up Requests] pointless?

1. Yes

50 vote(s)
    50.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Wujisomething himself is pointless

63 vote(s)
    63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So a certain "Dong" *reference to the post made by Ren* had come up with another pointless thread like he does everytime then (he even had a petition to have his threads banned, which I support wholeheartedly. lol. Karma hits you, m8)

I quote from the original threat:

I will proceed by points.

Who are you to talk about "counterproductive"-ness? Anybody can post whatever they want as long as it is conform to the forum's rules. And this applies to the Pick Up section as well. And Pick Up section is meant for people to post a request about the novels they want to see them back from the discontinuation.
    Why would that be "counterproductive"? Is it "counterproductive" if it's about novels that are very unlikely to be picked up for many reasons (and mainly due to QIDIAN)? Then many and probably most of the pick up request threads are "COUNTERPRODUCTIVE". And if they are not new to the community, then are they all IGNORANT or MASOCHISTS? Wow, that's Mr. Smartass who's better than anyone and knows more than anyone! This is quite insulting.
    [You talk about "novels without permission". But...I guess you website is also filled with novels without permission. What's that double standard?
    What's this logic? Why just Qidian? Why not other big websites/corporations? And most of the novels are without any license and authorization from the authors or publishers. What kind of stupid standard is this? What is the purpose?

And most of popular Korean novels on munpia? Where does that come from?
    I have seen only about 12 novels from Munpia that are said to be authorized to CLL/Qidian to be translated from an official source and they are far from being the most popular, except maybe Reincarnator. + not even half of the 12 are being translated and published on Webnovel/Qidian
    Moreover, most popular novels on Munpia are often from other publishing/management houses using Munpia as a hosting platform only (like Steam for games + they often have the novels hosted on Kakaopage, Naver and Joara too in that case).
    Why post the thread when you don't give a shit then?
    And why would Syosetu be different? Oh right, Syosetu don't take any actions against you and independant writers are unlikely to do it too. But what if it's novels published by publishing houses? What's your logic then? What is the standard? There's really no logic or arguement in your standard. Or you just haven't explained.
    This really has nothing to do with the arguement about banning qidian pick up requests. But your whole thread is pointless anyway so I guess this fits the "pointlessness" of the thread.
    Ultimately, even the thread poll to ban your threads was not applied although it was approved by the majority of the voters. So you are being "COUNTERPRODUCTIVE" as your petition will probably and certainly never be applied. Oh and your many posts and threads are quite "counterproductive" in a certain sense (also based on your logic).Talk about counterproductiveness. Should we ban them then?

So yeah, I'd have more to say about this but kind of too tired and lazy to write more.

I will be very honest, I really don't like that guy (started because of some other issue but that's another story). Not only he's being very shallow and pointless, he's also an hypocrite and an a**hole.
    I usually wouldn't be writing on NUF but then this guy is pushing the limits + I wanted to rant at him.

Btw, I don't care he writes pointless stuffs because I'm for free-speeches but then he's asking to ban a certain type of content affecting pretty much nobody, which is clearly a censorship. Talk about double standard again from him.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  2. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Free Speech. I'm ok with this.

3. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Was about to hit this thread with the good old :hmm:, but fair point. Who tells people to stop making pick-up threads? If no one picks up the novel, fine, but at least let them show their support. Banning those threads is far more "counterproductive".

Also, big yikes with the poll to ban this "Dong"

Cite, BigBadBoi and Solracmar like this.
  4. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    I read through the post a bit, and the only thing I could say is. What is going on?

I could somewhat see his/her point. No matter how much we want to pickup novels that are on Qidan(websites with rights to said novels who don't like others translating them even if they themselves give up on them) it makes no difference as some poor sap who gets the raws from a third party site will post translations hoping to get donations. Only to be hit up with a cease and desist witch would make it seem counterproductive (counterintuitive?) To do so. However it's not like all sites would do that (at least untill you do good and make money. Then they got issues to settle) so it's not like you should ban them. I say just make sure your link brings you to the source site and not a third party site. That way people can know what they are getting into.

People are probably going to think putting the non third party site is obvious, but I remember recently someone tried to get a book translated witch turned out to be a qidan novel. Title had the word dream in it.

Edit: I need to shorten my post sometime. Mr,Krabs out~~~!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Jeanne_DG likes this.
  5. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I must say your thread seems more pointless. Unless you want to get attention from and to wuji.....
    Kind of tsundere of you if it is the case.

6. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    Where have you been all my life?:blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

On a more serious note, for freedom of speech i don't believe his threads should be banned but might as well have an hidden achivement like following satan that is to be in wuji ignore list to create a sortof self ban on him

TamaSaga likes this.
  7. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda wrote the reason why I wrote this thread in the post...
    "I usually wouldn't be writing on NUF but then this guy is pushing the limits + I wanted to rant at him."

Moreover, he's the first to call the pick up request as being "counterproductive". So why can't I call his thread "pointless"? He bought his rights to be pointless?

8. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but your post is rant(pointless by definition) and at least his have a objective(even if useless).
    And that get to my post:
    Well i am just bored. So you don't need to take me seriously and can be all tsundere freely.

9. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    well that guy is one of the best example for CN stories of an Arrogant Young Master. Ask him if he also knows any cultivation method.

TamaSaga, viprei and fwlm like this.
  10. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would a rant be pointless? Moreover, my thread is not just a rant, it actually has arguements on why his thread is flawed.
    And he's not being objective at all, his logic is totally subjective.

Additionally, I really think you should check the definition of Tsundere again because I have no positive thoughts about him.
    Well, you kinda look like subtly as*licking him. Just my opinion.

11. rijimon17

Reading List:
    Link
    Or his brother, his uncle, his father, the dark cultivator in his basement, and finally the immortal cultivator in his attic.

Honestly though CN novels get really annoying when there "once in 1000 years genius" becomes some extremely common cultivator the very next arc. Also do they have to go by powers of 10. I would love to see a comedic situation where there literally 1 year apart in there description. My one and only "once in 1001 year genius"

Arbalest and fwlm like this.
  12. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    He definitely has no cultivation method. If he had, he probably wouldn't be here.

13. rijimon17

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah he wouldn't be here. He'd probably be just like that b**tard who steals my unused spirit stones every month:blobangery::blobangery:

14. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    an objective when he claim he don't care? is that even an objective other than begin bored af and shitpost?

Jurianne likes this.
  15. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    If you react to the idiot, it will only inflate his ego and cause him to do more stupid shit like this seeking attention

TamaSaga, Chrono Vlad and Solracmar like this.
  16. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    How about banning you from translating another popular korean series then abandoning them, i think it will be better

17. Expatamoeba

Expatamoeba Have eyes but still couldn't see Mount Tai

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouch that's hurt.

18. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cant we all just take a break and enjoy some :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

19. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I do believe he subscribes to the no press is bad press line of thinking. So this may only make the aforementioned individual happier.

20. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mega O O F

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.