Why [Petition to Ban Qidian Pick Up Requests] is pointless

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by kobatochandaisuki, Feb 16, 2019.

?

Is [Petition to Ban Qidian Pick Up Requests] pointless?

1. Yes

50 vote(s)
    50.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Wujisomething himself is pointless

63 vote(s)
    63.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    My biggest issue is that Wuji doesn't seem to know the difference between unproductive and counterproductive

Jurianne, TamaSaga and Causal Reader like this.
  2. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    It is counterproductive, you need to understand that when someone requests a Qidian novel to be translated, and someone actually translates it but then Qidian sends C&D letter that puts the translator in a tough spot where they could have avoided it by not translating it in the first place. Yes, that is counterproductive.

Causal Reader likes this.
  3. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Kuro_0ni and Helaine like this.
  4. codiro

codiro Lethargic Pachyderm No. 5

Reading List:
    Link
    Petition to ban [Petition to ban [Petition to ban [Petition to ban [Petition to ban [Petition to ban abc123xyz threads] threads] threads] threads] threads] threads]

The future, if inception gets involved. If Ad Hominem gets involved, then there will be a lot of people shilling for Hominem.

orematcha and kenar like this.
  5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ban this ban that
    sigh~

6. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Banning us from translating another popular korean series we abandon? Lol. You sure know how to use some strong words like Goebbels. However, you can shove your hate in your a**. I know you hate me and my group, had spread bad inages about us but then it's just unimpressive.

First of all, we should ban many translators and groups from translating if "abandonning" is THE issue. But then your main motive is somehow not that anymore i guess. Haters gonna hate.

Second, I'm very open to the people who would ask me if they could pick up most of the novels we abandonned. But nobody has asked me, nobody had picked up them. Then blame those who don't want to pick them up, if that's such a problem for u, m8.

3. ^Why? Cuz they were never popular, to begin with. God of Cooking might be the most popular among korean novels we dropped but then it still didn't generate much views at all. Eventually, the translator didn't feel like continuing.

4. You think translators appears so easily? And do you even know how many factors i have to take into considerations? Most of the tanslators expect to have a certain level of reward for having spent their precious time. If it's not profitable enough, of course they want to drop. We had many novels not that popular on neither Munpia and neither on KCDS. Are you going to assume the cost and pay a decent wage to the translators for the novels? No, you are just one of the many leechers who take things for granted.

5. No more art-house. We will focus on popular novels only. Referring to Ren, we will focus on the most important "value".

Started with a scanlator background, I used to think that money was a kind of bonus to the fun of translating. In the beginning and several times, I even paid from my own pocket to run the website and pay the translators because we didn't earn enough. But then I was clearly wrong. Money was the key, money was the solution. So it's only normal we do not continue our effort on unpopular novels.

6. It also happens that translators just wanted to drop. Can't be helped. And if nobody wanted to pick them up? Can't be helped?

7. Again, why should I be blamed for having taken the seemgly better decisions for my translators? I'm the one who will have to pay them for their hard work. Not you.

8. How about banning you from reading novels? Smartass. But then this or that, nothing can be applied anyway.

I'd have more to write but then as always, I'm too lazy for that.

So why don't you fucking shut up and stop whinning? Or why don't you learn Korean and translate the dropped novels for everybody? Oh right, you are not capable.

Ultimately, I have to say that I usually don't write stuffs unless people look for troubles. I'm passive until you try to mess up with me. But Alamptr and Wujigege asked me for it so I will be openly hostile towards them.

Jurianne and Sephi-chama like this.
  7. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    But then all he will get is hate or dislikes if he continues on doing "stupid" things. I'm fine with that. Let's raise the awareness.

Das likes this.
  8. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Absolutely brutal.
    Another thing @kobatochandaisuki , you are honestly coming off as hating on wuji only because he is wuji, talking total crap about the points he made.
    Yeah I agree it's counterproductive to translate novels which can be officially translated on webnovel later, making that translator regret wasting his time.

9. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm openly hostile to him because he he was being very dishonest about God of Cooking. I'm usually trying to be cool with many people and for many things but he was being the dick in the very first place. I don't hate someone for no reason.

It's up to the translators to think what they did was unproductive or not. They do what they felt like doing so. All novels have chances to be taken down one day or another. You don't know when and why.
    Why are there so many people who are only concerned about Qidian? They are not the only one able lauch waves of C&D.

All novels without permission are unproductive then? Wait, what is the standard?
    All novels without permission not getting taken down are productive but novels without permission getting taken down are unproductive? So until a novel is being taken down, it is productive but become unproductive as soon as it is taken down??

10. lafiel11

lafiel11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When did I say all novels?
    You love putting words in others people mouths or can't understand context?
    Maybe take a chill pill and stop getting riled up and spouting bullshit again and again.
    If you are that hungry for money start working as real company translator and don't spout your bullshit over here.
    Maybe take out ren's dong out of your mouth while you are at it.

11. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
  12. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    My apology then. I guess we've misunderstandood each other. I never meant you said "all novels" but then I'm still refering to the general question related to this issue.
    I didn't mean to be particularly aggressive to you and in no way I had any ill or aggressive intention towards you.
    I know I write in a very edgy way so hope you are cool with me, mate.

Btw, I'm not hungry for money. But I do care for the profit of my translators who trust in me and do their best to bring you guys chapters of novels you might have been waiting for.
    If I cared about money, I wouldn't do this in the very first place cuz I started from the bottom as a scanlator doing for fun and for free.
    Translation has nothing to do with my life activity but then when I get offers from officials, I could get far more in far less time.
    When I get to work for a film festival, I get paid about 100 USD for 15 minutes and just to inform you, the average salary where I live is roughly about 6500 USD per month.

13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we stop crowd lynching members of the community and proceed to firing squad directly? It would be more humane, in my opinion.

Back in the days of fan translation (before all these for-profit translations), we have no problem with each other, except for certain few who have strong opinions about how another translator translates. Titles were not 'owned', and it was not uncommon for one translator to translate one chapter, before another translator translated the next chapter, without the need to tell the previous translator. It's because we do this for fun. We weren't doing this for the money. We just wanted more people to read and become aware of our awesome tastes.

Rumby, Sky Farrow, Kuro_0ni and 5 others like this.
  14. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai chan, I have to kindly disagree with you. No harms to you intended of course.
    I can understand your point as I've also started as fan scanlator doing entirely for fun and for free.
    However, most of the translators back then used to cooperate and discuss each other if we had to solve a certain problem.
    Picking up issue was also solved mainly with discussion between the translators/groups. I know what i'm talking about since I was kind of active back then. It's not because we did for fun that we had no manners and etiquettes between us. Unless being unreacheable, we tried to talk and agree on stuffs.

And this tradition of communication, not only it's the norm in our daily life, it's also in the current community working for money (for many of us). But then Wujigesomething had the wonderful idea to mess up with me. That's why I have no scruple in being openly hostile to him (and to Alamptr who's seemgly a**licking him and was hostile towards me all the time).

I believe that discussion can solve many of our problems but I have no regards towards people who ignored, played foul and act all clean.

I might be an asshole but at least I'm trying to be honest and recognizing the facts.

15. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinking about it again, i think you might not even care but your true intention is to badmouth me like alamptr cuz you are using some strong words without much evidence or argumentation (you just assumed all the things and don't prove much your points, thus my doubt). If not, my apology.
    In case this is really a misunderstanding, just tell me please.

16. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    If that was all he got then I'd be fine with it as well... but people are stupid, and that's what he feeds off of. Just giving him attention at all and he achieves his goals while he does stupid shit

17. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm you've got a point there. But then we'll at least know who are on his sides and those who are not, I guess.
    (Almost) Everything's kind of double-edge sword.

Das likes this.
  18. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but personally I think I'd cause more damage to his "business(lol)" and his ego to just flat out ignore him. Tho that's just opinion

19. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh a rant thread with wall of texts. Been awhile since I see these type of rants... The good ol'days when @Parth37955's rant was something to look forward to.

-click watch thread-

Sky Farrow, Kuro_0ni and kenar like this.
  20. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I lack patience to ignore someone I guess hahaha. Well, we all have our own preferences. It's not about which one is the best anyway.

Well, I believe a rant without much text to justify the rant is kind of very poor. One has to say why, unless being a lunatic I guess.

Das and joey183 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.