Discussion Why the females in ATG suck

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Dedition, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Dedition

Dedition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now, let's get it out of the way first. If you don't like ATG, I can understand why. Just don't go around bashing it for the ones who do.
    Now, I generally like ATG due to several reasons, but what I can't stand are the female characters.
    All the females in this damned novel are all weak and pitiful and/or need a man to come save them. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm all for the male protagonist saving the female damsel in distress, but I hate the characters who are supposed to be so 'pure'. Which is apparently anyone who Yun Che considers a friend or family. For example, read this extract.

“I need to kill him!” ****** exclaimed with a low shout, “He had repeatedly stepped on my head and has ground my dignity into dust… He killed my father, killed my grandfather, and killed my master… He killed all of the people in my clan… All of them! My hate towards him soars to the heaven. and my grudge against him is great enough to fill the ocean, so how can I not take my revenge… I do not engage in wanton slaughter, but he… must die by my hand!”

“Big Brother *******…” Xiao Lingxi gently shook her head while she continued pleading with him, “Even though everyone is afraid of you, I have always known that you are not a villain who revels in the slaughter of the innocents. You actually have an extremely kind heart… and you are an extremely good person. You not only saved me, but you also saved all of the people within Floating Cloud City. But why can’t you put down all of your hatred and spare yourself as well! You are always burdened by vengeance and hate, don’t you feel tired?! Doesn’t it hurt?!”

Now, don't you think this is ridiculous? This scene made me cough up blood and be unsure whether to laugh or cry. Imagine from the perspective of a cultivator who's descended into madness, finally finding the person who completely eradicated your whole bloodline and relatives, you've got the power to kill them and then this chick says "Get over it".

Now I remember why I keep dropping this novel. So fucking stupid. I don't mind interventions for characters devolving into madness, but he's already crazy and gained this enormous power for the sole reason of getting rid of YC. Is this really all it takes for him to back down? Fucking hell.

deathcoy, Shio, JordanPaHa and 5 others like this.
  2. DesuDiem

DesuDiem Surviving College

Reading List:
    Link
    Mars novels are like this so deal with it . I dont know about most people but I only read his novels for the power train, nothing else nothing more.
    Edit: Mars logic: "if you cant kill them, friendzone them to death".

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Trobnel, Dedition, Moonclipse and 5 others like this.
  3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that it would be more convenient if all future ATG threads are made in the LCD because these thread are all very very similar.

4. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, remember that one time in the very beginning of the novel where Yun Che was vying for revenge? Yeah, his lover, Li Ling'er, ended up dying because of it. Her last words were for him to give up his revenge. I think that if anything, the novel is just trying to do a throwback to that.

5. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't stand it due to the one suicidal empress. Think about it she was about to commit suicide 3 times just because she thought Yun che was dead

6. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean you've dropped the novel and picked it up repeatedly?

7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The real problem is the author

ludagad, Arcturus, deathcoy and 3 others like this.
  8. Liger01

Liger01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I'm pretty sure most male protagonist driven xianxia are like them, in the begining their cultivation is stronger later needed to be saved by the protagonist.

9. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel has always been like that. I cough out blood more times than when I do my jobs when compare to reading this novel. Just...."let it go".
    The only reason why I'm still reading this is wait for Chu Yuechan.

10. Makuba

Makuba Wyrd bið ful aræd

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it for the waifus

11. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like most of them, except for that retarded Lingxi and Xue'er.

12. cellimen45

cellimen45 God of Books (self proclaimed) Convert The Bullies

Reading List:
    Link
    'Sees title, prepares for verbal warfare'

But that is just one of the few who is pure. Which makes sense as she isn't a high level cultivator, who has been 'baptized in bloodshed' so it would actually be extremely odd if she was so ruthless to a person who saved her life twice. He's also more obsessed with her then revenge, as his family if memory served tried to kill him when he tried to stop them from using her as a hostage, not much of a family worth avenging.

As for all the others being pure I disagree, the Phoenix nation princess is the only other pure one I can think of. Xia Qing Yue would've probably been in the same view point of that spirit girl in his poison jewel who helps Mc (if you can't tell names aren't my speciality) kill him while he's weak, which ain't very pure. As for the demon queen she wouldn't have even asked she just would of burnt him to ash, and for the one who had Mcs kid what's her face, she who has properly been through a xianxia world would probably at least have 60% chance of wanting him dead when he was still weak. I think that covers every pure and weak hearted heroine.

13. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal 「ZA ROYAL ROASTER」「ZEE KOUHAI」

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, I've never read even a chapter of ATG but I think that I understand what she wants here. I'm talking about this specific case, not the whole novel.
    So, this guy had everyone he cared about killed by YC (I guess this is the Mc?) then, he got a power up to exclusively kill him. He is already mad so he does want that, but there's this chick that cares about him and doesn't want to see him in that state. We all know that revenge can destroy a man, and even if what she's saying is cruel, she doesn't have a way to understand what the guy is feeling right now because she's not him. So, the guy would have to choose between giving up on his revenge and not ending up dead or carry on with his revenge and die while trying to accomplish it. If YC is the mc, than giving up is better for him because he'll die, no doubt about it.

14. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    there are so many atg rants its unbelievable... perhaps these readers could use like you have said the lcd, other same rant threads or do something more constructive other than ranting about the same thing...

15. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    *sees ATG hate thread*

your annoyance has been logged and added to the pile

Tebix, Prime43 and xalienxgamerx like this.
  16. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting for chu yuechan
    And wanting to end the speculation that she give birth either son or daughter

Tebix likes this.
  17. Yukino

Yukino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy crap! he still haven't found her yet!? Did she hide on another planet or something!?

Shio, fanobody, Tebix and 2 others like this.
  18. webolive

webolive Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The most stupid thing in the first place is that he spared his life for no f*cking reason.

Pretender likes this.
  19. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    I admit I find his female characters shallow as fuck. I despise ATG for many reasons, and this is chief among them.

but this one part never really bothered me; there are some people life is just not worth living without.

And she still shouldered her responsibility as Empress, rather than shirk it to join him immediately.

Tebix likes this.
  20. jaywalker

jaywalker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait till you read the latest chapter!!!

i'm not gonna put a spoiler so you can read it and really cough up blood......